Gold Farming

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Default Gold Farming

So, I've bought gold a couple times while playing MMOs. Each time it has been amounts that would have taken 2-3 days to gather at a price of about 1 hours work. I realize that a large amount of the is achieved by botting on stolen accounts with massive amounts of computers. It's not realistic for a single person in a developed country to manually farm and sell gold on accounts they have to pay for... but it it was... and if you could get away with it... Would you? and How much would you have to make per hour in profit?

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 17

I'll be realistic and say that most real life jobs are more fun than repeatedly grinding mobs / something else for gold. I wouldn't do it even if it payed as much as my current job.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 278

the real sweatshops pay you like 1 dollar/hour, and they force you to grind 16 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 30

I read an article awhile back about prisoners in China being forced to gold farm in WoW for hours and hours a day.

Relevant: http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...et-gaming-scam

Currently Playing: Achaea

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 48

It sucks but there is a market for gold buying/selling. Now a game can punish its customer( reducing gold rewards, only some mobs drop gold etc) Or they can get with the times and make even more money. I don't think it will tank the economy if done right. Take a look at guild wars 2, you can convert gold to gems and gem to gold. Runescape does it too, but that economy broke long before bonds were introduced (good luck getting enough money to 'end game boss/pve')

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

There are some Western-based gold sellers. A number of them make their profits by buying legitimately gained gold from normal players for cheap prices, and then selling it to other players at a larger price. I'm guessing a bulk of their gold comes from Chinese or other Asian farms, though.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 22

CCP was smart with eve online buy plex to use for 30 days game time sell for isk or even train 2 chars on 1 account or if you make allot of isk eve becomes like f2p.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    A number of them make their profits by buying legitimately gained gold from normal players for cheap prices, and then selling it to other players at a larger price.
    I've been seeing this kind of thing a lot more often the past few years, particularly with WoW where people will pay around .70$ per 1k and then sell it for around .85$ per 1k (As an example mind you, this is going by what I've seen others do.) so it's not that uncommon anymore.

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 16

Quote Originally Posted by Duero View Post
    CCP was smart with eve online buy plex to use for 30 days game time sell for isk or even train 2 chars on 1 account or if you make allot of isk eve becomes like f2p.
    Yeah but the largest flaw of Eve Online is the realtime skill training. You need to train your skills first to a decent amount before you can make that amount of money.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 101

well it wont be long before we do see legitimate paying jobs and careers in computer game playing:
    1) good pvp players can be paid to create RvR action
    2) yes there can be gold farmers where there is an arbitrage profit to be made in terms of time, but this isn't a career yet until the games itself become evolutionary (ie: your deep knowledge of the deeply complex game makes u a good gold farmer)
    3) you are paid to be an npc to create atmosphere ina game
    4) you are paid to control armies in an mmo (maybe as a GM)
    5) yup u r paid to be an Umpire/GM overseeing an RvR game etc (already exists)

so there are definitel;y legitimate career jobs in gamig already. yea. hm. maybe what i typed was redundant :/ duh me.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast