How's your health?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Default How's your health?

I recently had to go for a wellness exam for my health insurance and I was surprised to find out my BP is at 126/62. Been kind of worried about it since I've been under a lot of stress at the job. I gotta wait like 3 weeks for my blood work to come back though.

My brother on the other hand just found out he's close to being diabetic and has to change up his eating habits asap.

So im curious, how are you and yours doing?
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

Oddly enough, not as bad as one would assume. I'm still overweight (lost quite a bit earlier this year when I switched to vegetarian...summer ruined my veggieness, but winter will probably have me back on it. ****in' BBQ's man...) but doc says I'm good every time I go in for a sniffly cold or whatever.

My knees and shoulders and fingers are all pretty smashed up though. I have a really bad knee (jumped off a huge sand dune and wrecked it, never been the same since) and a bad shoulder...I really need surgery (pins in the shoulder) but I can't afford it. It's whatever...I just can't throw stuff really hard. Or walk sometimes when my knee decides to pop out.

Other than that, I have a brain thing pseudotumor...I dunno how that's going. I've always had it, but it turns out THC is one of the things that helps it. So yeah, I don't get the symptoms and it keeps it consistently in check.

Detective Kirby Reputation: 35

I dont go to doctors. But i can tell my health is not doing that good. Oh well fuc.k it we all gonna die any ways
    .................................................. ...

Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.

Shattered my leg last year and still can't move faster than a brisk walk. Shit sucks.

Detective Kirby Reputation: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    Shattered my leg last year and still can't move faster than a brisk walk. Shit sucks.
    thats what you get for supporting swag

ps.hope you get well
    .................................................. ...

people out here... Reputation: 534

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    I recently had to go for a wellness exam for my health insurance and I was surprised to find out my BP is at 126/62. Been kind of worried about it since I've been under a lot of stress at the job. I gotta wait like 3 weeks for my blood work to come back though.

My brother on the other hand just found out he's close to being diabetic and has to change up his eating habits asap.

So im curious, how are you and yours doing?
    Bro, yr bp is fine. That's within normal, healthy range. At least, according to the charts at the community clinic where I volunteer as a medical assistant.

Anyway, my health sucks. Physically, I'm extremely underweight. My BMI is 15.2. I have some sort of eating disorder apparently, which may or may not be anorexia. I have stomach pains and acid reflux all the time.

Emotionally and mentally, I've been diagnosed with PTSD what with my flashbacks, intrusive thoughts, ****ed up sleep (we're talking 0-4 hrs sleep a night on average), etc, - I've got every symptom except for irritability, apparently - that have been ongoing for like, most of my life but I thought were normal. I'm super prone to bouts of depression where I don't eat or sleep. Also, In November and in April I lost an uncle, leaving only my abusive wifebeater of an uncle alive; so that's been getting me even more depressed. And my major is stressful and hard as ****; organic chemistry was my easy class last semester.

I wasn't fed for a year (maybe two) as a kid, and the lack of nutrition for such a long period has long-term health and medical risks for me, too. By wasn't fed, I mean like, literally two pieces of toast and maybe peanut butter would be my meal for the whole day.

All in all, things health-wise are looking up compared to where I was ~2 years ago. I'm not having intrusive thoughts or being triggered every day, for example - more just like every other day. I actually have good days every couple of weeks. Somehow I've managed to eke out a 4.0 in college so far (I'm starting my senior yr in a couple of weeks) in a very competitive program, I volunteer weekly at a medical clinic for the poor and uninsured (up to 20hrs), and also the domestic violence shelter working with the kids as a positive male role model; and I have a job as a police response advocate, arriving with the police at scenes of domestic violence calls. I'm involved with my frat at a national level and also serve on the executive board of my chapter. But most impressive of all, I'm a moderator at Onrpg.com. And I got all my health shit holding me back; so when these ****ing freshmen in my frat complain I just laugh and laugh and laugh.

Reading: Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
    Last read: You Just Don't Understand!: Women and Men in Conversations by Deborah Tannen (A MUST READ), A Child Named "It" by Dave Pelzer (NOT BAD), A Dance With Dragons by GRRM (4.5/5)

Interested in why I picked these books, or want to recommend me some more? Just pm me. I love books.

Eternal Cowboy Reputation: 645
    Jacksonville Jaguars: 2018 Superbowl Champs

i'm real fortunate in that i've always had good health. i get a cold like once a year and that's it. i just had a physical for work and everything was fine. so that's good.

Elsa! :3 Reputation: 572

Diabetic (7.1Hg in feb.)
    Autism
    Some weird shit that looks like epilepsy. Currently waiting for the results of the EEG and what the neurologist says.

The rest looks good or are related to the 3 I just listed.

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 246

i can describe my overall health with few words: I AM SCARED AS **** TO GO TO DOCTOR ... because you know diagnoses...
    +

P.S: Havent been to doctor for like 7 years now ... except dentist ...
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 69

I'm a lazy eater so I don't eat as much calories as I'm required to. Thus I'm a bit underweight and always lethargic. I wish I was more motivated to eat. Definitely sure that means I'm not in good health due to lack of nutrients.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast