How's your health?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Quote Originally Posted by Pok View Post
    Blood pressure varies, quite rapidly. Having an extremely high blood pressure really doesn't mean much unless it is a constant issue. Most blood work doesn't take anywhere near 3 weeks to come back unless it is specialized testing that is done in a central location, I live in quite the remote area and we finish 95% of requested testing in less than 8 hours, for some tests the doctor tells you to come back in a week to review the results for I could finish before you'd leave the building after having your blood taken (if you're relatively normal). Keep in mind some tests are required as soon as physically possible e.g. if someone is bleeding out or having a heart attack, and the longest one that they really need in emergency situations (not including medication monitoring) takes less than an hour.
    Oh ya I work for a specimen processing lab so I know about the process. I'm just surprised mine is low all things considered, but I worry about it because it was high before and my family has a history of high blood pressure, among other physical and mental problems. I haven't had a check up in a long time, which is why I was wondering about it.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life.

Nick is a wanker. Reputation: 605

As for a HbA1C for 7.1 (which I assume you mean by Hg), it is high, but it isn't that bad in the overall scheme, definitely work on it though, you don't want to stick around there. It's a 3 month estimate of your glucose control, the higher it is the more damage you'll be doing to yourself [especially your kidneys (What's your Urine microalbumin / creatinine ratio?)].
    7.1 for a diabetic is actually very good. Not perfect (which would be around 6.5) but still good enough to live on without too much trouble.

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 293

just enjoying this convo while eating burgerking shiet ...
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

THANKSOBAMA Reputation: 534

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwPrincess View Post
    7.1 for a diabetic is actually very good. Not perfect (which would be around 6.5) but still good enough to live on without too much trouble.
    Er, no it's not. According to the NIH:

If your level is above 7% and you have diabetes, it often means that your blood sugar is not well controlled. Your target A1c should be determined by you and your health care provider.
    I don't know how "often... not well controlled" is "actually very good." It might be for you, if that's what yr health care provider determiner with you. But all diabetes cases are different, and a high A1c is generally not good.

Reading: Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
    Last read: You Just Don't Understand!: Women and Men in Conversations by Deborah Tannen (A MUST READ), A Child Named "It" by Dave Pelzer (NOT BAD), A Dance With Dragons by GRRM (4.5/5)

Interested in why I picked these books, or want to recommend me some more? Just pm me. I love books.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post

How has that affected you and your life?
    well, until the ****ing stupid doctors realized it, you're ****ed up.
    chronic fatigue, insomnia, palpations, joint ache, back pain etc.

then, you have to eat synthetic t3/t4 for the rest of yr life fun shit

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    well, until the ****ing stupid doctors realized it, you're ****ed up.
    chronic fatigue, insomnia, palpations, joint ache, back pain etc.

then, you have to eat synthetic t3/t4 for the rest of yr life fun shit
    Damn, that sucks =/.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life.

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 229

I don't think having to have thyroid meds is that bad either. It's quite common and manageable.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    sorry for you have the evil heart in the universe. your type are just destroy are world
    The battle of science vs. religion ended when churches started putting lightning rods on their steeples.

THANKSOBAMA Reputation: 534

I don't think having to have thyroid meds is that bad either. It's quite common and manageable.
    Yeah. It is perfectly fine for my mom, at least. No quality of life impact at all.

Reading: Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
    Last read: You Just Don't Understand!: Women and Men in Conversations by Deborah Tannen (A MUST READ), A Child Named "It" by Dave Pelzer (NOT BAD), A Dance With Dragons by GRRM (4.5/5)

Interested in why I picked these books, or want to recommend me some more? Just pm me. I love books.

Detective Kirby Reputation: 18

The substance abuse is killing me

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 62

Last I checked everything was good or great. BP 98/55, HR 37-43, LDL is as low as your grandpas balls, everything else was good.

Only thing ****ed up is some sports injuries.
    “The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast