Harvest Moon type game

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Default Harvest Moon type game

Not necessarily a direct comparison, just looking for a game that has the feel of a harvest moon farming, growing, expanding crops/material/crafting based with an open market, auction house ect. Anyone know anything close to the sort?
    Currently playing:

League Of Legends (MasterBowens)

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

ArcheAge and Wurm Online are the only two MMO comparisons I have experience with. Perhaps Salem and/or Haven & Hearth would, too? Also, check out Stardew Valley. It's a game made in the same vein as the Harvest Moon games. It uses 2D graphics, like the originals, and will offer new (and some would say better) features as well. Including multiplayer. Unfortunately, it's not done yet but you can read the dev updates to get your hype-game going.

Edit: Age of Wushu/Wulin, as well. Though to a lesser extent as farming in that game lasts a matter of minutes and you can't own a home and are restricted to public farming areas.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 08-18-2014 at 05:11 AM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    ArcheAge and Wurm Online are the only two MMO comparisons I have experience with. Perhaps Salem and/or Haven & Hearth would, too? Also, check out Stardew Valley. It's a game made in the same vein as the Harvest Moon games. It uses 2D graphics, like the originals, and will offer new (and some would say better) features as well. Including multiplayer. Unfortunately, it's not done yet but you can read the dev updates to get your hype-game going.

Edit: Age of Wushu/Wulin, as well. Though to a lesser extent as farming in that game lasts a matter of minutes and you can't own a home and are restricted to public farming areas.
    Good post, thank you for the replies and suggestions, I think I'm going to follow stardew a bit, seems interesting.
    Currently playing:

League Of Legends (MasterBowens)

42 Reputation: 35

You may be interested in following Pumpkin Online as well? It claims to be inspired by Harvest Moon/Animal Crossing.
    Currently Playing: Emil Chronicle
    Let me know if you wanna play too!