Okay...so your thoughts on Wildstar now after 2-3 months

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 278

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post
    I'm enjoying watching history repeat... Going to love the game while I can before the crowds rush back to WildStar in the future when its business model changes. You might say you'll be coming back En Masse.
    Except a game that is so heavily targetted to a certain nichť audience won't gather that much of a population even if it goes F2P.
    Game simply doesn't have anything to do outside of raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 619

my expectations were low to begin with and they remained low, sometimes i wonder why i still buy garbage published by ncsoft, yet they manage to get me to do it every time

Currently Playing: Borderlands the pre-sequel

>Screenshot Collection 2013-2014<

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 253

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    my expectations were low to begin with and they remained low, sometimes i wonder why i still buy garbage published by ncsoft, yet they manage to get me to do it every time
    Blade and Soul is really good to be honest. Ncsoft is just extremely stupid pushing back f2p games for a p2p crapfest.

42 Reputation: 10

F2p yet? =o

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Ncsoft is pretty close to going bankrupt..............

General Manager Reputation: 353

Just going to assume the excessive number of ..... at the end of your sentence is representative of you not actually having backing to that statement. Their Blade & Soul sales in China are more than enough to counter a lower than expected WildStar launch and let's not forget Nexon holds a vast share of the company and isn't going to let their investment sink into the ocean without a fight. Not that they've needed to step in as things have been looking quite good for close to a year now.

@Candy you've certainly put more time into the game than me but I've yet to run out of new things to do and try in the game. Though I'm likely the niche the game was targeted towards.
    Iíd rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

It's a sign you're a bad person if somebody else acted like you, you would hate them. - Swagger Pope

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Insert Forgotten Title here Reputation: 131

According to NCSoft quarterly earnings, the game sold about 500k copies in that first month. The Old Republic beat that(As I recall, about 1.2~1.5m units in that first month?). I don't have the numbers on-hand for exact money made, but even with Credd sales their budget is gonna be hurtin'. The better part of seven years in development and the word of mouth for the game is absolute trash.

[Edit]: Quarterly earnings report is available here. Wildstar's earnings in KRW equate to roughly 500k units sold if each unit is about $54, so it would actually be LESS than that, assuming deluxe editions.

• Still a bug-filled mess.
    • Attunements are terrible.
    • Dungeons. There is zero reason to run dungeons outside of getting attunement done, as crafted gear is still better.
    • Questing is a slog, especially after that first time through.
    • Whitevale
    • Certain game mechanics are not well explained. At all. Far too many people don't even know about MoOs, much less interrupt rotation/order.
    • The sprint mechanic is fine as a combat tool, not as a travel tool. It should be removed while mounted and mounts should just move at sprint speed at all times.
    • Servers need to merge. Low populations combined with attunements have left most groups unable to fill their raid rosters. Last I checked there were, at most, three groups even attempting the 40-man content. Not to mention how vacant the world is.
    • Issues running on AMD hardware. How do developers still get away with this shit.

I can't believe they cannibalized CoH/V's server architecture, too(For those unaware, at one point around late beta/launch somebody discovered the CoH servers were up, but could not be connected to as they obviously don't contain that data anymore.). Oh wait, yes I can, this is NCSoft. The company that literally HELPED LAUNCH A MAN INTO SPACE TO FORGE HIS SIGNATURE SO THEY COULD SHUT DOWN HIS GAME.

The worst part? This game NEEDED to succeed to help remind developers that interesting, difficult content is still worth producing. I'm hoping Blizzard's new raid difficulty will scratch that itch without trying to rip out my spleen at the same time.

Just going to assume the excessive number of ..... at the end of your sentence is representative of you not actually having backing to that statement. Their Blade & Soul sales in China are more than enough to counter a lower than expected WildStar launch and let's not forget Nexon holds a vast share of the company and isn't going to let their investment sink into the ocean without a fight.
    The problem with this is that NCSoft has a history of treating their western devs like garbage. CoH/V was still profitable when it was shuttered with almost zero notice. Let's not forget the previously mentioned Tabula Rasa fiasco. I won't bring up Auto Assault as I have no real clue what the hell went on behind the scenes of that insanity.
    Last edited by Lefos; 08-21-2014 at 02:43 AM.

[19:45] ♥Moloko Lynx♥: Flight sims would even suit you, Riz. You seem to have the sensibilities of an old man.
    Member since May 8, 2004.

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 163

Quote Originally Posted by Lefos View Post
    CoH
    Tabula Rasa
    Just the mention is stabbing me, hun. </3

Insert Forgotten Title here Reputation: 131

Don't get me started. I never even got to actually play the ****ing Going Rogue expansion as NCSoft decided my account needed to be locked for whatever reason. Word on the street(teehee) is that Paragon was terminated as NCSoft paid them to make two additional games(I'll assume these wound up being CoV and GR.), but they didn't deliver.

[19:45] ♥Moloko Lynx♥: Flight sims would even suit you, Riz. You seem to have the sensibilities of an old man.
    Member since May 8, 2004.

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 10

Just going to assume the excessive number of ..... at the end of your sentence is representative of you not actually having backing to that statement. Their Blade & Soul sales in China are more than enough to counter a lower than expected WildStar launch and let's not forget Nexon holds a vast share of the company and isn't going to let their investment sink into the ocean without a fight. Not that they've needed to step in as things have been looking quite good for close to a year now.

@Candy you've certainly put more time into the game than me but I've yet to run out of new things to do and try in the game. Though I'm likely the niche the game was targeted towards.

Dizzy, so you think this game will have a huge boost in population/activity in the future?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast