Wildstar Dev: No More Monthly Content Updates! Your Thoughts?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 18

Exclamation Wildstar Dev: No More Monthly Content Updates! Your Thoughts?

In a recent Gamescom interview, one of Wildstars Senior Developers stated that they are going to be slowing down content updates. I give my response to this news and why I think its a bad idea!

ENTER TO WIN A FREE COPY OF THE WITCHER 3: https://gleam.io/v7uwf/free-giveaway...r-3-wild-hunt-
    TWITTER: http://twitter.com/ZachSharpes
    FACEBOOK: http://facebook.com/LUGOentertainment

Thanks for watching!
    Zach Sharpes

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 243

A p2p game not giving any monthly updates? Well, good luck keeping the playerbase to what it is, cause I doubt new players will be joining.

The Undead Reputation: 447

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    A p2p game not giving any monthly updates? Well, good luck keeping the playerbase to what it is, cause I doubt new players will be joining.
    WoW hasn't put out content in almost a year, still the most popular MMO out.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Z0MBiE View Post
    to be fair, u cant compare games like wow that was on block for a while with lots of past updates ant oweral big content with games that just started out and already slowing down updates

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 243

You can't deny that blizzard used a popular series to make their mmo, and while they haven't updated for a while, the game is what, 7-8 years old now? They also brought in a shit ton of expansions etc... And you also know that the population of WoW is declining, but those players will most likely return after the new expansion.

Compared to wildstar that's only a few months old, and with only 2 updates they already say they're only updating every 2 months? High level players will run out of content like crazy, and the PvP so imbalanced that you can't fully enjoy it.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Did WoW update more often than every 2 months when it was as young as WildStar?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 239

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    Did WoW update more often than every 2 months when it was as young as WildStar?
    It updated every month, but they didn't add a lot. 1.2 was the first patch that added something, came 2 months after release.
    3 months later, they added Diremaul.. so yeah, WoW was very slow with content updates.

But still, Wildstar has all this content already made, and suddenly they say they're not going to release every month?
    Game already has nothing to do at cap outside of raiding, and most guilds are almost done with the 20man content, and the rest of the servers don't even have large enough population to support 40man raiding.

there's a wolf in my heart

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 31

You can't compare WoW to any other MMO at this point. It should be put in it's own genre to stop people from adding it to discussions like this.
    Currently playing: Smite, Firefall
    Waiting for: Dungeon Fighter Online, ArcheAge

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

But Wildstar is basically by the same development team. So I wouldn't find it so unusual if they will go for the same update strategy.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 32

to be fair, u cant compare games like wow that was on block for a while with lots of past updates ant oweral big content with games that just started out and already slowing down updates
    he can cause the content of wildstar is fair enough. There are still bosses that no one deafeated
    cause they are too strong. Even guilds who are focused on instance runs cant defeat these bosses + there are many other things to do.
    Sure WoW has more cause of many Expansions but if they slow down the updates in wildstar its still
    fine cause they dont need updates the whole time.
    http://www.onrpg.com/boards/avatars/fenix40k.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1268643051

"That's why I love OnRPG, we can spend two pages
    about arguing about swimming."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast