Wildstar Dev: No More Monthly Content Updates! Your Thoughts?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 51

Quote Originally Posted by Suntzukid View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2392168?page=2

^They have every intention to keep going. You really think they're going to end with Warlords of Draenor? Ha.
    Ofc he believes, people on ONRPG believe everything.
    Also, I said from the beginning that wildstar is an absolutely terrible game in every regard, but ONRPG hype train was going strong as always.
    Why do people even still buy games from NCSOFT. NEVER buy anything that has to do with ncsoft.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by charly1337 View Post
    Ofc he believes, people on ONRPG believe everything.
    Also, I said from the beginning that wildstar is an absolutely terrible game in every regard, but ONRPG hype train was going strong as always.
    Why do people even still buy games from NCSOFT. NEVER buy anything that has to do with ncsoft.
    Did this guy read the thread?

No one said it was bad, Sure, there are some elements that could make it bad (The PVP and dailies from what I've read here). But from what I heard and still hear the PVE is fantastic. I believe your the only one saying the game is bad, for example it's like when someone flies in to a thread says a game is shit because open world PVP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    IPandawa was a minor god who came to power and joined the ranks of the twelve when she discovered a recipe for the perfect bamboo wine/milk.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 88

Quote Originally Posted by Heartyace View Post
    Did this guy read the thread?

No one said it was bad, Sure, there are some elements that could make it bad (The PVP and dailies from what I've read here). But from what I heard and still hear the PVE is fantastic. I believe your the only one saying the game is bad, for example it's like when someone flies in to a thread says a game is shit because open world PVP.
    I liked the PVE. It was difficult but it was also borderline frustrating since it wasn't forgiving at all. But the lack of optimization was an absolute travesty.

Insert Forgotten Title here Reputation: 131

May as well drop this here: https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f.../#entry1148679

President of Carbine is stepping down.

Hey guys.

I wanted to let you know that I’m stepping down as President of Carbine Studios. I’m not leaving entirely; I’ll be adopting more of a consulting role going forward with Carbine (and possibly elsewhere in the industry down the road).

This is not a bad thing. Some of our current development stars will be stepping up to lead WildStar forward while I can help work with them from the outside.

I have a personal “no bullshit” policy (which I think I’ve infused Carbine with as well), so let me give some context here without getting too personal.

“Focusing on family” is most often, in my opinion, a horseshit excuse you hear from executive types (usually departing with a forcible shove).

In my case, it is part of my reason for stepping down - through 2013, my wife and I lost six members of our families to various reasons – mostly cancer. I myself was diagnosed at the end of last year with a fatal-if-untreated form of skin cancer. I had let it go untreated/undiagnosed for over 9 months while focusing on work instead. I dodged a bullet; surgery was successful and I’m cancer-free - but (if you ever go through anything similar you’ll know) that’s a hell of a wake-up call.

I mention this now (I usually don’t talk about personal stuff, because who cares) to say: don’t be my brand of idiot, if you see an unusual mole or marking get it checked out ASAP; there’s worse stuff out there than what I had.

On the professional front, when you lead a team this size in a company this size, there are a variety of strong opinions on every major decision. It’s been a pleasure helping steer us through to launch, but I think having one less strong opinion in the mix can be a good thing too. Even if I’m always right, of course.

Anyways, all this culminates in a need to take some time off before leaping into the next set of adventures. This has not been an easy decision for me to make, as I’ve pretty much poured my life into Carbine and WildStar. I’m proud of what we accomplished; we took a no-name IP to a big ass MMO launch, which ain’t easy in this day and age. There’s more work to do (the devs are indeed listening) but we have a great team to do it with as well.

I think it’s important that the folks here coordinate together around a single vision to move forward, and as part of that I’m looking forward to working with NCSOFT and Carbine in a very supportive role moving forward. I’ll likely not be as active in the forums and community as I have been in the past (some of y’all have noticed this already as I’ve worked here on my transition over the last months). But I’m far too passionate about you and WildStar to just get up and go entirely; while my role has changed, my voice hasn’t.

Thanks guys for your support and for being passionate WildStar fans – I remain one too.

-jg

[19:45] ♥Moloko Lynx♥: Flight sims would even suit you, Riz. You seem to have the sensibilities of an old man.
    Member since May 8, 2004.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Gotta love that guy.

Insert Forgotten Title here Reputation: 131

Everyone is encouraged to type in "Greenmangaming refund" into google and see what pops up.

[19:45] ♥Moloko Lynx♥: Flight sims would even suit you, Riz. You seem to have the sensibilities of an old man.
    Member since May 8, 2004.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123