Archeage discussion/review

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    General Manager Reputation: 353

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    Stop being a dirty hobo and pay the cheap monthly sub. It's a fun game and well worth the price.
    My new favorite quote.
    Iíd rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

It's a sign you're a bad person if somebody else acted like you, you would hate them. - Swagger Pope

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

completely agree with OP, movement and camera doesn't seem natural or smooth compared to TERA, C9, mabinogi heroes or other new mmos. Heck even WoW has smoother movement and camera, at first I thought this game was developed by Chinese Studio because of it.
    exactly the same feeling when I played PE, Age of Wushu.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 12

I'd love to play, but eroge has forced my hard drive to its limit, no space for the game...kind of (Heard its like 30+ gigs) :x

Looks fun though

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 19

I tried it during the last beta event, this was my impression of the game.

Pros:

1. Very nice graphics, far above most mmos.

2. Has naval warfare, this was the biggest draw to the game for me, but sadly it's burried too deeply into a sub-par game for me to reach with my sanity in-tact.

Cons:

1. Very poor character customization, if you don't want an Asian/emo haircut or to look like a teenage Asian supermodel of questionable gender, then this game offers no alternative.

2. The combat was very boring, I guess after playing a couple good action combat mmos, I just can't go back to the craptastic tab-targeting anymore, this one is personal taste I suppose, but the poor combat system was what ultimately lead to the uninstallation of the game.

3. Labor system... worst idea ever put into a AAA game, this kind of sh*t shouldn't be outside asain browser game garbage.

Those were the main points for me, obviously I decided to find a better game elsewhere.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 18

I found the game to be quite entertaining. You just have to learn how to participate in the features the game has to offer. Not to bad of a F2P system either, although ill be forced to be a Patron because I want to sell on the AH, own land, etc.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

I KNOW that you should pay to get the better parts of the game BUT, you can't get far unless you chip in. That's all i'm trying to say. I love the superiority mentality of these people who act like elitists towards people who don't want to pay. Everyone has their reasons and a "cheap" monthly fee being well worth it is highly subjective. FACT is, you can't get far in this game unless you pay. And putting a paywall on the access of auction house won't do jack against bots. If a bot problem is that big, the auction house restriction won't stop it. Idk about you but paying $15 a month to be able to play a "f2p" game properly isn't worth it. Tbh, Archeage would of been better off b2p with a cash shop, or straight up p2p.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 278

Quote Originally Posted by Enyaw View Post
    I KNOW that you should pay to get the better parts of the game BUT, you can't get far unless you chip in. That's all i'm trying to say. I love the superiority mentality of these people who act like elitists towards people who don't want to pay. Everyone has their reasons and a "cheap" monthly fee being well worth it is highly subjective. FACT is, you can't get far in this game unless you pay. And putting a paywall on the access of auction house won't do jack against bots. If a bot problem is that big, the auction house restriction won't stop it. Idk about you but paying $15 a month to be able to play a "f2p" game properly isn't worth it. Tbh, Archeage would of been better off b2p with a cash shop, or straight up p2p.
    format plz.

the game is supposed to be played with other people - not necessarily solo.
    you can get far, but it takes a lot more time than someone who pays.

putting a paywall on SELLING on the auction house, yes it does stop bots to an extent.

lots of f2p require you to spend money in the cash shop to "enjoy" it properly, either way.
    i know people who spend very much on rift, tera, etc. hell, i even spend a lot on dota2 cosmetics..

Quote Originally Posted by Jancokman View Post
    completely agree with OP, movement and camera doesn't seem natural or smooth compared to TERA, C9, mabinogi heroes or other new mmos. Heck even WoW has smoother movement and camera, at first I thought this game was developed by Chinese Studio because of it.
    im sorry, but that's definitely something on your end, because that's simply not true.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDivider View Post
    I'd love to play, but eroge has forced my hard drive to its limit, no space for the game...kind of (Heard its like 30+ gigs) :x

Looks fun though
    compressed to 8gb now.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Jancokman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post

im sorry, but that's definitely something on your end, because that's simply not true.
    No, the camera actually feels unnatural, just compare it to TERA, C9 or other action mmos. That was the first thing I noticed when I got into the beta

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 278

Quote Originally Posted by Nektaris View Post
    No, the camera actually feels unnatural, just compare it to TERA, C9 or other action mmos. That was the first thing I noticed when I got into the beta
    i think it's fine? it's not an action mmo so ofcourse it's not the same - it's literally no different from wow's camera though, which is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

With such astonishing scenarios, a smoother camera like Tera would have been better

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast