Archeage discussion/review

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 278

Quote Originally Posted by Nektaris View Post
    With such astonishing scenarios, a smoother camera like Tera would have been better
    but unlike TERA, it doesn't rely solely on its combat system to maintain its playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

What does that even mean? I was comparing the camera type and you come out with the combat system.
    And if you want my opinion, tab-target combat system is unacceptable in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Nektaris View Post
    What does that even mean? I was comparing the camera type and you come out with the combat system.
    And if you want my opinion, tab-target combat system is unacceptable in 2014
    that's subjective. if it's as polished as archeages, it's not bad. i highly prefer it to W*, GW2 and other inferior combat systems in games. TERA and BD so far seem to be the only ones who got the action combat system down.

TERAs camera is directly tied to its combat system, though. you attack in the direction you're facing, which is why you can't compare the two really.
    but i still don't get your complaints about archeage's camera?
    like how is this bad? lol

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post

compressed to 8gb now.
    Oh, really? That's some good news then!

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 15

that's subjective. if it's as polished as archeages, it's not bad. i highly prefer it to W*, GW2 and other inferior combat systems in games. TERA and BD so far seem to be the only ones who got the action combat system down.

TERAs camera is directly tied to its combat system, though. you attack in the direction you're facing, which is why you can't compare the two really.
    Just the way you move around the camera. It does not feel like it has anything smoothening it like in GW2, or Vindictus. It feels clunky when you rotate.

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 10

candy, after pumping some time into archeage i can give you some better input. Guys, archeage is NOT clunky (i was the one who stated it was in the OP), it is just DIFFERENT from wildstar/tera/gw2. I've noticed that the overall speed of the character, sensitivity, and mouse acceleration of the game is slower. This gives players from wildstar/gw2 the initial sensation of being "clunky". If you get used to the speeds, though, the clunkiness feel goes away and games like wildstar/gw2 feel really slippery.

Quote Originally Posted by -JK- View Post
    candy, after pumping some time into archeage i can give you some better input. Guys, archeage is NOT clunky (i was the one who stated it was in the OP), it is just DIFFERENT from wildstar/tera/gw2. I've noticed that the overall speed of the character, sensitivity, and mouse acceleration of the game is slower. This gives players from wildstar/gw2 the initial sensation of being "clunky". If you get used to the speeds, though, the clunkiness feel goes away and games like wildstar/gw2 feel really slippery.
    this is why there are camera options
    hell, you can even choose between 'action' mode and regular mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall098 View Post
    Just the way you move around the camera. It does not feel like it has anything smoothening it like in GW2, or Vindictus. It feels clunky when you rotate.
    like i said, the 'smoothening' you experience is a part of their core gameplay decision.
    it's common in games that aren't using tab-target.
    i take it you've never played eq or wow etc?
    Last edited by Candyholic; 08-25-2014 at 12:59 AM.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

The controls/combat is Modern Tab Target. Meaning similar to WoW but with 10 years of evolution and improvements on the concept.
    I find the system rather satisfying.

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 10

this is why there are camera options
    hell, you can even choose between 'action' mode and regular mode.

like i said, the 'smoothening' you experience is a part of their core gameplay decision.
    it's common in games that aren't using tab-target.
    i take it you've never played eq or wow etc?
    Camera options don't do anything, if you've actually messed around with the settings you'll know that the only difference between the action and classic options is that action forces the camera closer to the character....that's it. No one will use this because you're seriously handicapped with your fov. They don't even have a sensitivity option yet. That's literally the only difference. Fov, it doesn't change to slower mouse acceleration.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18

I don't see anything wrong with the camera. It works just fine for mi~

I've been playing a Ranger (Shadowplay/Archery/Vitalism), lv 35 now. I'm pretty bad at the game tho I think, I keep getting killed by people, havent ever won a fight against another player yet...

It sounds fun, I want to have my own farm, but there's really soooo much in the game that I'm really lost.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast