Archeage discussion/review

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Sandman's Slave Reputation: 245

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    yeah, so i guess wow has cheap controls too?
    lol get out.

extremely gimped? hell no.
    there are several people who got a boat etc. playing f2p.
    you CAN use the auction house, you just can't sell on it (you can alternatively have your friends who have patron sell for you)
    public farms are not meant to substitute a real farm, go out in the open and plant there instead. don't be a pussy.
    only way to get early boat/farm is to plant trees out in the wild.
    What are you 12?
    Relax and enjoy life

Game Journalist Reputation: 421

If you're working with a guild, you can craft as a f2p and not have very many issues. One of our members, who is our guild Weaponsmith, was f2p and did quite well. He even did a bit of mining. Sure, he had some LP issues at some points, but so did your guild leatherworker (who was patron).

Of course, sticking with a profession that doesn't require the crafting of several pieces (like a tailor, leatherworker, or metalworker) to craft gear is a good idea if you're F2P. Being a farmer is definitely plausible if you can find someone to lend you land and/or are willing to do an 'illegal'/hidden farm somewhere in the mountains.

Sure, you want be in the top tier 50k prof in a week, but you will get there. Even if you lag behind a bit.

As a side-note, said Weaponsmith got a founders pack after this latest beta. I would suggest, if you have the money and enjoy the game, going patron if you plan to invest any meaningful amount of time into crafting in the game, just for convenience. Also, owning land is such a great boon when you're a crafter, as you can plant the stuff you need to craft or simply plant stuff to sell so you can buy the stuff you need.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 08-29-2014 at 09:28 AM.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 27

F2Ps are fine. I played both as a patron and a f2p to test it. P2P can progress slightly faster, but that's pay for convenience. It takes less time to do things but the end result is the same.
    The reason why people complain about it so much is because they don't use their minds. In a sandbox-ish game, you need to interact with other players to get what you want. This goes especially for f2ps.
    I had my patron account and several of my friends who were F2p played with me. F2P can't own land. OH NO.
    I owned their land for them and they payed me the taxes. Was that so hard? Not really.
    Patrons get more labor so they can craft more and get higher proficiencies faster. OH NO.
    Befriend someone who has high proficiencies and have them craft stuff for you.4
    I mean... it's really, really, really awesome that you need to rely on others to get an end result.
    Most people are simply going ballistic at the fact that they can't do everything themselves and they don't want to pay a dime.

Edit: just read Apoca above me, he is absolutely right.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

Quote Originally Posted by Sharki3ait View Post
    F2Ps are fine. I played both as a patron and a f2p to test it. P2P can progress slightly faster, but that's pay for convenience. It takes less time to do things but the end result is the same.
    The reason why people complain about it so much is because they don't use their minds. In a sandbox-ish game, you need to interact with other players to get what you want. This goes especially for f2ps.
    I had my patron account and several of my friends who were F2p played with me. F2P can't own land. OH NO.
    I owned their land for them and they payed me the taxes. Was that so hard? Not really.
    Patrons get more labor so they can craft more and get higher proficiencies faster. OH NO.
    Befriend someone who has high proficiencies and have them craft stuff for you.4
    I mean... it's really, really, really awesome that you need to rely on others to get an end result.
    Most people are simply going ballistic at the fact that they can't do everything themselves and they don't want to pay a dime.

Edit: just read Apoca above me, he is absolutely right.
    pls, the wow generation kids wants everything handed to them + be able to solo the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 27

I don't want to sound like an ass, but I'm probably the most experienced Archeage player on this forum. I want to say that not to brag, but so nobody is afraid to ask me about the game. I will be happy to answer any questions that have answers from both sides of f2p and p2p and I don't give into doomsayer rumors or anything like that. I stay informed and have an expansive knowledge of the game.
    Multiple 50s from both the pirate faction and the east faction.
    Every skill tree maxed out.
    Participated in most PvE activities
    Participated in all PvP activities
    Played as both patron and non-patron

So please, if there's anything that you want to know about the game, I should be able to cover almost anything. It's an incredible game and I want to make sure that people aren't discouraged due to either lack of knowledge, help, or silly rumors.

Also, for anyone who is interested in seeing a little of 1v1 gameplay in the arena, here's a quick vid I threw toge

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456