Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Archeage discussion/review

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Default Archeage discussion/review

I've heard bad things about it being in Korea and asking my korean friends but decided to give it a shot. The look of the game along with the races and character customization, I feel is top notch. However, is it just me or does the movement/camera rotation feel extremely clunky??

Coming from gw2 and wildstar, which have similar "smoothness and fluidity" in terms of movement, this game feels extremely slow and clunky. The slow I understand but where is this clunkiness coming from? Is it possible that the sensitivity is just slow which gives that "clunkiness" feel? Others say it's perfectly fluid, if this is true why does it feel so damn clunky to me?

- I have some extra keys
    - Currently playing on Ollo server

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 13

I'd love to get a key

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I played AA for about 5 Minutes. Hellofalagg and Thousands of People trying to get the same Mobs as you. Wasnt able to complete the first Quest in this Time and pressed frustrated on the Exit Button.

I may try it tomorrow again, .. maybe !

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

I gave up after 3rd CBT. Labor point system unchanged. Played the 1st and 2nd betas, was a good game but labor system is really favored torwards paying players. Invited to the 4th but not going to bother trying until they do something about labor points. Craft one item, leave the game running for 24 hours to craft another. Idk about the camera controls, they feel fine to me. Archage is one of the most polished games i've played in a long time but the way Trion is handling the game is meh.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 204

Stop being a dirty hobo and pay the cheap monthly sub. It's a fun game and well worth the price.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Enyaw View Post
    I gave up after 3rd CBT. Labor point system unchanged. Played the 1st and 2nd betas, was a good game but labor system is really favored torwards paying players. Invited to the 4th but not going to bother trying until they do something about labor points. Craft one item, leave the game running for 24 hours to craft another. Idk about the camera controls, they feel fine to me. Archage is one of the most polished games i've played in a long time but the way Trion is handling the game is meh.
    Really? Maybe it's because I came from wildstar. All my friends/guildmates that came from ws share the opinion of that clunkiness.

How does the labor system work exactly?

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 15

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    Stop being a dirty hobo and pay the cheap monthly sub. It's a fun game and well worth the price.
    monthly sub ? why on steam it has free to play tag ? O.o

It is free to play. We are refering to the Premium Membership(Patron Status) the game offers.
    Kinda like you can watch stuff on Hulu for free but subscribe to Hulu Plus for more content.

Roon's Rogue Reputation: 117

It is free to play. We are refering to the Premium Membership(Patron Status) the game offers.
    Kinda like you can watch stuff on Hulu for free but subscribe to Hulu Plus for more content.
    Just a reminder, that "membership" is needed to use the auction house (IE: Sell stuff, etc.) much like PSO2.

If it wasn't for forced open world pvp on the ocean plus free to play... (IE: Keep open world pvp, but have it pay to play... instead) then yeah, no...

Only plays Magic DPS Classes, Healers and Machinist/Engineers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Balmung)
    Waiting On: FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior, RE:FFVII Saving For: New Computer

Game Journalist Reputation: 484

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Just a reminder, that "membership" is needed to use the auction house (IE: Sell stuff, etc.) much like PSO2.
    Not accurate. F2P can buy off the AH just fine, but they can't sell. Patrons can buy AND sell. F2P can make a purchase on the cash shop to gain the ability to sell on the Auction House. Patron status is not a requirement for it.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

I don't think you understand the goal and should probably just move on.

ArcheAge is a themepark mmo featuring sandbox elements with a strong focus on PvP. If you don't want to PvP you can still play but you'll miss out on a lot of content. They are fairly open about that. I really don't understand how people don't know it going in.

Paying for AH use is a necessity. I played ArcheAge on the RU servers for about 2 months. Before I left the market had been totally destroyed by bots. You can still sell stuff and without losing a % to the AH by selling it the good ol' fashioned way... forums and standing in town yelling "BUY THIS!"

A large amount of the time played was also as a basic account holder. I still had tons of fun. Leveling. Killing people. Carrying Packs on Trade Runs. Then again, I knew what to expect before I started playing. I didn't jump into a game an expect every aspect of the game to be free because that just isn't how it works.

Also, the premium is cheap and amplifies hours of fun. If you don't think you should have to pay for entertainment go watch YouTube with ABP and twiddling your thumbs while waiting for your Guardians of the Galaxy torrent to finish downloading.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 08-23-2014 at 07:12 AM.

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

How is it the combat system? With or without target (like Tera)?

Modern Tab-Target. So, similar to Warcraft but with combos and other cool stuff.

Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

Modern Tab-Target. So, similar to Warcraft but with combos and other cool stuff.
    Don't forget it's very polished, much better than W* DDR combat.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 18

I'm trying it out, wat server is everyone on? I'm on Naima~

ArcheAge is a themepark mmo featuring sandbox elements with a strong focus on PvP. If you don't want to PvP you can still play but you'll miss out on a lot of content. They are fairly open about that. I really don't understand how people don't know it going in.
    Glad I haven't bought any of the packs then. I'll stick to FFXIV, Firefall, EQN.

Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

Glad I haven't bought any of the packs then. I'll stick to FFXIV, Firefall, EQN.
    We get it. You don't like PvP.
    Stop commenting on every thread that you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    We get it. You don't like PvP.
    Stop commenting on every thread that you don't.
    I can answer / reply to things people think I don't get, or ask of me. It's allowed. what you're doing, isn't.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 64

I can answer / reply to things people think I don't get, or ask of me. It's allowed. what you're doing, isn't.
    he is just saying what everyone is thinking. We get you have PVP PTSD. No need to go in every pvp game thread and tell us

You go into a thread about a pvp focused game and complain about pvp...Isn't that like going to a basketball game and spending the whole game complaining it ain't baseball?
    Last edited by whitey; 08-23-2014 at 04:24 PM.

Detective Kirby Reputation: 10

I would pay the monthly fee sub if i was rich and have money.

General Manager Reputation: 526

My new favorite quote.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Stardew Valley
    History:Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

completely agree with OP, movement and camera doesn't seem natural or smooth compared to TERA, C9, mabinogi heroes or other new mmos. Heck even WoW has smoother movement and camera, at first I thought this game was developed by Chinese Studio because of it.
    exactly the same feeling when I played PE, Age of Wushu.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 12

I'd love to play, but eroge has forced my hard drive to its limit, no space for the game...kind of (Heard its like 30+ gigs) :x

Looks fun though

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 19

I tried it during the last beta event, this was my impression of the game.

Pros:

1. Very nice graphics, far above most mmos.

2. Has naval warfare, this was the biggest draw to the game for me, but sadly it's burried too deeply into a sub-par game for me to reach with my sanity in-tact.

Cons:

1. Very poor character customization, if you don't want an Asian/emo haircut or to look like a teenage Asian supermodel of questionable gender, then this game offers no alternative.

2. The combat was very boring, I guess after playing a couple good action combat mmos, I just can't go back to the craptastic tab-targeting anymore, this one is personal taste I suppose, but the poor combat system was what ultimately lead to the uninstallation of the game.

3. Labor system... worst idea ever put into a AAA game, this kind of sh*t shouldn't be outside asain browser game garbage.

Those were the main points for me, obviously I decided to find a better game elsewhere.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 18

I found the game to be quite entertaining. You just have to learn how to participate in the features the game has to offer. Not to bad of a F2P system either, although ill be forced to be a Patron because I want to sell on the AH, own land, etc.