I can't handle...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 120

Default I can't handle...

http://www.takepart.com/article/2014...ts?cmpid=tp-fb

:/

Why do people insist on being terrible human beings? I can't comprehend.
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

Tldr but if this is asking why people are racist, It's because they've been taught that their whole lives and are too ignorant to overcome it themselves.

In all honesty, instead of feeling angry at them, feel sorry for them. It's a shame they live their lives with so much hate.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

This happens so often.
    Aren't we to the point that shooting unarmed black kids is kinda normal and we just ignore it?

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 120

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    This happens so often.
    Aren't we to the point that shooting unarmed black kids is kinda normal and we just ignore it?
    Never .
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

They need to stop with this entirely. The media is trying hard to get people riled up every time something goes down involving someone black and/or the police. That above all else is ridiculous.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Peop... White guys have a right to defend themselves.
    Who's to say that those tight dreads aren't actually a nest of deadly black mambas just waiting to strike...

I know... I'm kinda scared just thinking about it.

I know racism exists. Stupid people prove it daily. Those comments are proof.
    But the media focuses on the White/Black crime so much people are forgetting that all races are killing each other for stupid reasons.

Under 3 miles from my house a guy(white, unarmed) was shot to death in his front yard. Didn't hit anything above the local paper.

Right outside town a teen(white, unarmed, no priors) was shot to death by a cop for running. Again, nothing beyond the local paper.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 08-23-2014 at 06:54 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

What I thought about this, when I read about it was, that I do damn sur not give some twohundred or so guys the right to startle me. This amount of people is so small that I say wow, the world is actually a better place than I thought it was.

The second thought was that the idea of nonviolent protest is pretty much dead. Modern mass-movements are sad and uninspiring.

The last thing: As a foreigner, police in the US will treat you like subhuman, even as a tourist. This stuff comes up regularly when you talk about going to the US: Stay the **** away from law enforcement.
    Its a horror to try imagine living there, being black and having to live your life with an even worse latent threat lingering.

I don't want to be argumentative on this issue, because it makes me friggin sad. I hope peace comes back to those towns, or better finally arrives. I hope progress is made to control the police and make it into a servant of the people not modern day praetorians...
    There is another comparison that comes to mind too...

When will we have news to read, that are good again...
    Last edited by Ronin; 08-23-2014 at 11:29 AM.

There's tons of good news. Magic happens every day. It just doesn't get the same ratings as bad news.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

Well, you can call me jaded, I won't object to heavily. It's just disheartening. As if people lost the ability to communicate about the big picture. Probably there is a level of injustice that needs to be reached before people agglomerate into a force to counter it that is strong enough to make an impact. I always found the story of MLK inspired me. Ghandi, Mandela, King, names of people that made the world a better place. But the news is all bad, because instead of building on this fundament, we let it crumble. This crumbling is the bad news I talk about. There is no good news in respect to that.

I watch the Colbert Report and Daily Show quite a bit, the vast majority of what they do is sarcastic, satire, or whatever. However, the do occasionally have guests that have things to say that I would consider good news.

I really thought LGBT movement and the work Pussy Riot was doing in RU was good news.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast