I can't handle...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21
    The Undead Reputation: 448
    Z0MBiE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    [REDACTED]
    Posts
    5,311
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    your threads give me the impression you don't get out much.

  2. #22
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567
    Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hitman Victor
    Posts
    6,049
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    @hian: My take away from your long post is that man is a savage brute and a beast. Governing people amounts to "people herding". I am of the opinion that neuroscience is the cranial measurement of our times and "hormones made me do it" just amounts to a twinkie defense.

    I am loosing you on the locking people up part. If you don't believe in choice, justice becomes irrelevant. Nothing matters anymore and everything is arbitrary.
    I believe in choice. I believe in flaws and in doubt and in struggle. Martin Luther King Jr. did struggle too and lived a live of doubt.

    Hunger does not make you steal. It makes you benefit from it. Desire makes you no rapist. Fear makes you no racist, just scared. All of those acts are human inventions. Racism requires premeditation. There is no aggravated racism. Context is limited to context.

    You know neuroscience can't explain emotions and it can't explain creativity and it can't explain why it can't predict human behavior and it can't explain anything but how neurons work and it can't do that well. We face the same questions the ancient greek did. Don't run to the latest form of quackery.

    Stay frosty.

  3. #23
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    6,836
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Hunger does not make you steal. It makes you benefit from it. Desire makes you no rapist. Fear makes you no racist, just scared. All of those acts are human inventions. Racism requires premeditation. There is no aggravated racism. Context is limited to context.
    No, it doesn't.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    Smash Bros 3DS NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366)

  4. #24
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567
    Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hitman Victor
    Posts
    6,049
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    No, it doesn't.
    That's a funny statement to make but as long as you don't give an example of your reasoning, I have to take you as a pretty mean spirited guy that fancies letting everyone die dumb. Why would I listen to someone like that?

    Stay frosty.

  5. #25
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    6,836
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    That's a funny statement to make but as long as you don't give an example of your reasoning, I have to take you as a pretty mean spirited guy that fancies letting everyone die dumb. Why would I listen to someone like that?
    Doesn't seem to be much a point in giving one if you've already got me tagged as a "mean spirited guy" now does it?

    You'll either listen or you won't, but you shouldn't decide that based on what you personally think of me before I've even given a reason for you not to. The reason I said that though is probably far different than what you are imagining.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    Smash Bros 3DS NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366)

  6. #26
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567
    Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hitman Victor
    Posts
    6,049
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    Doesn't seem to be much a point in giving one if you've already got me tagged as a "mean spirited guy" now does it?
    Seeing that you also are an example of the humorless kind I really probably kinda shouldn't be too curious. I couldn't agree more, there is no point to it. Silly me, why did I even post.

    Stay frosty.

  7. #27
    Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 120
    TuxedoSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rainbow
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hian View Post
    Snip.
    Yes, I exaggerated.

    As I stated, I don't even know exactly what I wanted from posting this. Discussion? Maybe to shed light on a terrible occurrence? Comfort? All of the above? I don't know, I just felt the need to post it because it bothered me. It's kind of common for women to discuss things that bother them rather than to bottle it up.


    Quote Originally Posted by Z0MBiE View Post
    your threads give me the impression you don't get out much.
    Because I battle injustices and seek mental stimulation on the internet? Or because I sound ignorant of the world?
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •