State of FFXI?

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 12

Default State of FFXI?

Hey all, sitting here mostly bored this Sunday afternoon and I saw my FFXI Ultimate collection.

Other than the sickening nostalgia, I began thinking about how the game is currently.

Last I played, all three Abyssea expansions were released, I was on my way to getting Sch/Dnc/Blu to 99, but Abyssea kind of ruined the game for me. This was around...jeez, 3 years? I think I was a Junior in High School last I played.

I kind of feel like going back in (and seeing if I can drag my friend) and leveling my Beast Master either solo/duo the slow way and see if that picks up into anything. Considering XI was one of 4 MMOs to actually keep my attention for a long while, figured it may be worth a shot but...does anyone know its current state? I know that there is a new expansion that introduced two new jobs, but other than that I have no idea what endgame is like, how my favorite jobs play anymore (mainly Scholar and Dancer) or how lively the game is.

Thanks for those who know. It is much appreciated.
    Last edited by OmegaDivider; 08-24-2014 at 09:06 PM.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 35

Do you have friends playing? If yes its worth going back to, if no i would not recommend it.

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDivider View Post
    Abyssea kind of ruined the game for me.
    Same. I loved FFXI Pre-Abyssea.
    Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/daeoc
    Come and stop by sometime, I stream mainly JRPGs, WRPGs, Shooters, Horror, MMOs, and MOBAs. Currently, the focus is on JRPGs with a mixed bag of everything else.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Kite View Post
    Do you have friends playing? If yes its worth going back to, if no i would not recommend it.
    Well, I may be able to get a friend to play with me (kind of doubt it) but I don't know if my in game friends/old LS still play, it has been a long time after all