Thread: State of FFXI?

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 12

Default State of FFXI?

Hey all, sitting here mostly bored this Sunday afternoon and I saw my FFXI Ultimate collection.

Other than the sickening nostalgia, I began thinking about how the game is currently.

Last I played, all three Abyssea expansions were released, I was on my way to getting Sch/Dnc/Blu to 99, but Abyssea kind of ruined the game for me. This was around...jeez, 3 years? I think I was a Junior in High School last I played.

I kind of feel like going back in (and seeing if I can drag my friend) and leveling my Beast Master either solo/duo the slow way and see if that picks up into anything. Considering XI was one of 4 MMOs to actually keep my attention for a long while, figured it may be worth a shot but...does anyone know its current state? I know that there is a new expansion that introduced two new jobs, but other than that I have no idea what endgame is like, how my favorite jobs play anymore (mainly Scholar and Dancer) or how lively the game is.

Thanks for those who know. It is much appreciated.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 35

Do you have friends playing? If yes its worth going back to, if no i would not recommend it.