Massive DDOS Affects LoL, WoW, And More!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 18

Exclamation Massive DDOS Affects LoL, WoW, And More!

Question of the Video: Do you think DDOS should be treated more seriously? Leave a comment down below!

PS... I know that using effects is improper grammar and it should be affects. Unfortunately I cannot change the forum thread title. My apologies. =)
    Last edited by ZSharpes; 08-25-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 39

At around 1 minute 30 seconds it's almost sounding as if you don't know what a DDoS attack is. Not berating you, just think you should be able to explain what a DDoS attack means. You can't simply just say "attacking and denying service."

Also, you didn't mention Starcraft 2 when mentioning the affected games. Are you a dirty casual Kappa?

Quote Originally Posted by little_one View Post
    Rainhart I hope you play when its open beta so I can gank your pokemon naruto anime noob avatar banner having @$$ left and right

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Raineheart View Post
    At around 1 minute 30 seconds it's almost sounding as if you don't know what a DDoS attack is. Not berating you, just think you should be able to explain what a DDoS attack means. You can't simply just say "attacking and denying service."

Also, you didn't mention Starcraft 2 when mentioning the affected games. Are you a dirty casual Kappa?
    You're right, I didn't go in depth on what a DDOS is, I mainly described its definition. The most simple form of DDOS is to overwhelm a server with loads of traffic causing it to become unstable, thus denying service. I didn't name SC2 directly, but after listing other Blizzard games I said "and others" implying the rest of Blizzards games not mentioned. The article I used as a source didn't directly mention SC2 as well, but I assumed since the majority of their games were affected, all of them were in some manor. Certainly not a casual though, played SC2 for a while but didn't enjoy Heart of the Swarm much.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

I thought this might have been informative at first but it quickly degraded into you insulting the attackers and ranting for several minutes about how they should go to jail.

Despite what FOX may say/do/want you to believe, that's not news.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 08-25-2014 at 11:36 AM.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 30

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    I thought this might have been informative at first but it quickly degraded into you insulting the attackers and ranting for several minutes about how they should go to jail.

I
    while it was like u say, u still cant say its false. for me atleast, stuff like that is basicly as same as real life terrorist bombing(exept most of the times there shoudnt be any casualties). i dont mind hacking, since it does hawe purpose to gain something, but stuff like that ... its like beating a kid coz u can ...

Olpah's Object Reputation: 299

this should happen more often *popcorns*
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post

Despite what FOX may say/do/want you to believe, that's not news.
    You really hate him, eh?

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 11

This video went from very great and informative to a rant video and I feel it should not be mixed if you look towards a professional style. Calling people assholes, giving opinionated comments with certain game companies, etc. I'm not trying to trash the video so please don't think that I just want to give a little advice for future videos. Just try to stay focused on the topic and don't let it turn into a rant.

OT: Many of my favorite games also was DDoS'ed within the last few days and it really sucked
    Last edited by Shaddia; 08-25-2014 at 02:43 PM.
    Nobody is born in this world to be alone! -Jaguar D. Saul

Elsa! :3 Reputation: 572

You really don't get the point of a DDoS attack, do you?

Furthermore, do you have any idea how much data the FBI will have to plow through to even get close to the probable IP address of the hacker? It's not like they'll DDoS such services with a handful of PCs. It's more like 20.000 PCs at least.
    Ninjaedit: for targets like Blizzard, PSN and LoL, I'd say it's more realistically to have a botnet of 100.000 or more PCs.
    Last edited by SnOwPrincess; 08-25-2014 at 02:47 PM.

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwPrincess View Post
    You really don't get the point of a DDoS attack, do you?

Furthermore, do you have any idea how much data the FBI will have to plow through to even get close to the probable IP address of the hacker? It's not like they'll DDoS such services with a handful of PCs. It's more like 20.000 PCs at least.
    Ninjaedit: for targets like Blizzard, PSN and LoL, I'd say it's more realistically to have a botnet of 100.000 or more PCs.
    Sure would be nice if they could catch them so easily though. I'd like to play my games in peace.

P.S. When I saw someone named Sn0wPrincess i was like "who is that?"
    Little did I know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast