Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: What happened to this forum?

  1. #1
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 38
    lolzmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    888
    Rep Power
    7

    Default What happened to this forum?

    Why is it death? back in 2006/2007 before the skin fix it used to be so popular...

  2. #2
    in the sky with diamonds Reputation: 1151
    Oisterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Trash Boat
    Posts
    25,742
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    Because people don't play MMO's quite like they used to.

    And we all grew up and got boring.

    Except me. I'm still pretty great.

  3. #3
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,843
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oisterboy View Post
    Because people don't play MMO's quite like they used to.

    And we all grew up and got boring.

    Except me. I'm still pretty great.
    What he said.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

  4. #4
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 328
    postrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,851
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    i don't remember you, op

  5. #5
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 640
    Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hitman Victor
    Posts
    6,293
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    I am and have always been of the opinion that the reason the forum lost so many people wasn't facebook or reddit or the economy or no gud gamez (or that insane modd).

    There should have never been that thing called "the lounge".

    Stay frosty.

  6. #6
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 328
    postrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,851
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    i still blame dat insane modd

  7. #7
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176
    Wicked315's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida.
    Posts
    7,831
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    School is starting or already started for most of us, so that's a good reason. I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    I love how your name is "Useless", and your avatar says "Canada" in it.
    LOL GET IT?

  8. #8
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 629

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    [REDACTED]
    Posts
    6,129
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    because all the mmos are now either dried up shit or clones of dried up shit.

  9. #9
    General Manager Reputation: 484
    DizzyPW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,167
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z0MBiE View Post
    because all the mmos are now either dried up shit or clones of dried up shit.
    Idk that Call of Alliance is looking pretty promising.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

    Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

    Currently Playing: SMITE, Blade & Soul
    History: Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

    Support Pancreatic Cancer Research


  10. #10
    Pipster's Punk Reputation: 83
    M1nGs3N4yuk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    2,485
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    The cycle of life and death continues.

  11. #11
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 38
    lolzmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    888
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by postrook View Post
    i don't remember you, op
    I was banned for posting a kung fu panda link true story

  12. #12
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 328
    postrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,851
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolzmaster View Post
    I was banned for posting a kung fu panda link true story
    lol, you seem like yr probably alright then

    wb

  13. #13
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 38
    lolzmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    888
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by postrook View Post
    lol, you seem like yr probably alright then

    wb
    lol xD 10chars

  14. #14
    Ride em Yoshi Reputation: 35
    halloeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    185
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Not sure i might of drove them all off if so my bad
    You guys here are some of the most stupid and insulting people out there. I say to you all fuc.k you all. I am really tired of you guys judging me and thinking your above me. Only god can judge me. Later all. Enjoy your onrpg . I come here and be nice to you guys and yet you choose to call me names. Thats fine i dont need you all any more. Bye

  15. #15
    TOTALFVCKBOY Reputation: 715
    Xenonight2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    www.onrpg.com
    Posts
    14,104
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    We used to be competitive with mmorpg.com aka that other site that should not be named.

    But they got better journalists and interviews and reviews than we did. So people look at their website and not ours.

  16. #16
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 328
    postrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,851
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    i looked at their off-topic forum and they have no sense of humour at all.

    also their forum looks ugly.

    i think we won in the ways that really matter

  17. #17
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 204
    FarmerM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Online gaming is currently pretty stale and more people are using other methods of communication such as reddit, facebook, and twitter. Also our chatbox removes the need for a lot of threads.
    That's why the majority of the regular users are "old."

    It kinda reminds me of the local court. It's where all the men used to hang out. They became old men. They died. Now there's just a few old worn benches in front of a building.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 08-26-2014 at 03:09 AM.

  18. #18
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 328
    postrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,851
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    +reps for unexpected glimmer of poetic soul

    - - - Updated - - -

    farmer, you are confusing to me. sometimes you post great stuff and show insight and are funny, and also you do game giveaways and rad stuff, and then you turn on a dime and say things that make me roll my eyes and want to shun you lol. it's like yr two different people using the same account

    edit: i guess everyone is like that tho. whoa, deep.
    Last edited by postrook; 08-26-2014 at 03:20 AM.

  19. #19
    Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 44
    Gurenbanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Saitama, Japan
    Posts
    950
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    Online gaming is currently pretty stale and more people are using other methods of communication such as reddit, facebook, and twitter. Also our chatbox removes the need for a lot of threads.
    That's why the majority of the regular users are "old."

    It kinda reminds me of the local court. It's where all the men used to hang out. They became old men. They died. Now there's just a few old worn benches in front of a building.
    Reddit gaming subreddits are ****ing the worst.

    Browsering r/LeagueofLegends and r/gaming gives me the biggest cringe boner ever.
    "Should've known you'd bring me heartache, almost lovers always do.
    Never gonna change my mind, we can leave it all behind."

    Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness.



    Narcolepsy/Somniphobia.

  20. #20
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 328
    postrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,851
    Rep Power
    11

    Default


  21. #21
    Game Journalist Reputation: 484

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,652
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenonight2 View Post
    But they got better journalists and interviews and reviews than we did. So people look at their website and not ours.
    Cuts deep, man.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 08-26-2014 at 03:58 AM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or *******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  22. #22
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,843
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gurenbanka View Post
    Reddit gaming subreddits are ****ing the worst.

    Browsering r/LeagueofLegend. and r/gaming gives me the biggest cringe boner ever.
    That's because a lot of LoL players, and gamers in general, that are annoying use the main subs. Basically, the smaller the community the less it is about getting attention and more about actual discussion. The same thing applies here though, because people wouldnt get as much attention as they wanted when we had specific subs for individual games, so people still kept making threads in the free mmorpg section and used it like general. The problem with that though is all the really good information people used to post just gets buried under all the other stuff so it gets harder to find what you're looking for, which leads to them looking elsewhere.

    I used to post a crapload of stuff about games a while ago but now it just seems like a waste of time since most games are easy to to understand or no one wants to play em. I could even go on FB, join ___group and find people to play with instead of finding people to argue with here.

    There are a number of good subs on reddit for gaming and lot of them have a hell of a lot of more info about games than we do here nowadays.

    Oh well.
    Last edited by Kashis; 08-26-2014 at 06:44 AM.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

  23. #23
    $$$
    Guest

    Default

    y'all should make me a journalist. i'll turn this site around

  24. #24
    in the sky with diamonds Reputation: 1151
    Oisterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Trash Boat
    Posts
    25,742
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    Yeah, pay me to show off my stuff. I've got a lotta games and toys.

  25. #25
    Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 38
    lolzmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    888
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gurenbanka View Post
    Reddit gaming subreddits are ****ing the worst.

    Browsering r/LeagueofLegends and r/gaming gives me the biggest cringe boner ever.
    Have you seen the lol general forum yet?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •