Rise of Incarnates Early Beta Review

General Manager Reputation: 353

Default Rise of Incarnates Early Beta Review

http://www.onrpg.com/articles/editor...y-beta-review/

Rise of Incarnates offered a public beta test recently and we have the scoop on the current state of the game.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

It's a sign you're a bad person if somebody else acted like you, you would hate them. - Swagger Pope

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

I was really looking forward to giving this game a shot. However, after watching a few people actually play it, it doesn't seem to be anywhere near as smooth as a game of this type should be.

I'll still give it a shot on release but my hopes aren't very high.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

I tried it and had to give up on it. Maybe I'll give it another go later, but when I played, it was honestly one of the worst experiences I've had with a game.

The controls sucked- none of the defaults made a lick of sense. It's like they were designed for an octopus. I guess the game was designed with a gamepad in mind, but damn.

On top of that, I think their servers were broke, as it took forever to find a game and when I finally did, I would get DCd. Very frustrating.

It has me confused as to why the game would be shown to people in that state.

Hopefully it's gotten better since then.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 08-28-2014 at 02:34 PM.