Seldon Crisis - New space MMO like Eve online

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Seldon Crisis - New space MMO like Eve online

"Seldon Crisis" is a video game and an original short story written by Riccardo Simone and loosely inspired (derivative work) on the "Foundation series" by Isaac Asimov. Official site: http://www.seldoncrisis.com/

Features:

» Lore based on an original story written by Riccardo Simone and inspired on Isaac Asimov's "Foundation" series

» Sandbox MMO with player-driven infrastructure, politics, and economy

» Cold and brutal sci-fi environment driven by the spoils of war, with full loot pvp

» A single universe with no sharding, no instances, no loading screens, and no gates

» A persistent world that all players share and explore through good and bad times

» Includes a book that links the Foundation lore to the game universe

» Innovative hybrid progression system with hundreds of time-based skills and also levels

» Four main factions, each with their own unique lore and special traits

» No Pay-to-Win! All purchases are vanity items, such as skins and cosmetic models

» Made by players for players, designed to support community growth and modding

» Dozens of ships and hundreds of weapons and module

» Local damage system with visible effects on ship and weapons.

» Modular ship system to create unique configurations and designs.

» Gameplay based on true player skill and management capabilities

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Sounds cool on paper, but there's nothing to show for it yet. Seems like the game hasn't gotten far (if anywhere) into development, as they're looking for an "all-in-one" Hero Engine programming genius. They also need to repair parts of their website that appears broken (such as the jobs/careers page). They seem to have everything but someone to make the game.

HERO ENGINE 2.0 DEVELOPER - rif: HERO-01
    We are looking for a skilled HeroEngine 2.0 Programmer and Scripter to join our team in creating immersive MMOGs (Massive Multiplayer Online Games). Candidate should have strong programming and scripting skills with HeroEngine 2.0, and worked on at least one commercially shipped title using the HeroEngine. The HeroEngine Programmer/Scripter works closely with the Creative Director to integrate game assets and game play experience to meet our high quality bar.
    Responsibilities
    » Programming and Game Scripting using HeroEngine 2.0;
    » Programming/Scripting of elements/tasks and AI construction specific to particular title;
    » Understanding of HeroEngine pipeline and process implementing art, animation and audio assets;
    » Set programming and scripting standards for multiple projects;
    » Leadership, awareness and responsibility in creating the highest quality integration of fun game play elements and systems.
    Experience/Skills
    » Minimum of 3 years of industry experience;
    » At least one MMO and PC titles shipped from concept through final as a HeroEngine 2.0 programmer/scripter;
    » A strong programming and scripting portfolio;
    » Expert knowledge of the HeroEngine 2.0;
    » Strong working knowledge of 3D art, animation, audio and 2D software packages;
    » Working knowledge of SVN desired;
    » Experience in mentoring a small group of programmers and scripters in same discipline;
    » Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively;
    » Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change.
    Pluses
    C++ programming knowledge;
    Familiar with server and data structures;
    Familiar with Agile Development;

Here's to hoping that they already have funding and wont be doing a kickstarter campaign. However, with how much they're pushing media coverage, I'm guessing we'll see one in a couple of days.

Also, I'm guessing the Chaos Interactive mentioned in the video is not the same as Chaos Interactive Inc. If not, that means this current team has no prior projects, which has me a bit worried simply because there's no record of how well they work together. Nor is there any mention or links to past projects done by them. Especially when the staff page seems to imply they're not all located in the same place (or it could just be giving their country of origin and they're now all located in the same location). Really, the only major thing that worries me in that regard is that I can't seem to find anything related to Mirko Campochiari, the game designer, in terms of what past MMO (or even video game) projects he's worked on. All I can find is what he studied at the University of Bologna which isn't relevant to what I want to find out.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 08-26-2014 at 09:49 AM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 16

Looks interesting, we will see how this turns out. EVE really needs a competitor.

And please carebears stay in the woodwork. I don't want to listen to your complaints about full loot PvP.