Blood and Steel - One Hell of a Hidden Gem

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Default Blood and Steel - One Hell of a Hidden Gem

Quite surprised I've never come across this before the other day. It's a manga that takes place within the same Wuxia lore that games like Age of Wushu and Swordsman Online are. Also, TV shows like Legend of the Condor Heroes.

Pretty awesome art, amazing story, SUPERB story-telling - I love how the author takes time to explain things. But the best thing has to be the quality of the translations. They're perfect, they stay true to the original story and make perfect sense. Due to the writing style of the mangaka, I would have thought this would be quite hard to translate. So I was surprised.

If you're a fan of martial arts, and more specifically the Wuxia lore, you'll love this.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Rock Man Reputation: 10

Because it's Chinese. Though I'm about 80% sure it's Chinese because the cover is full on Chinese. If you dive into Chinese comics a lot of their art style are very pretty.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by GenoX View Post
    Because it's Chinese. Though I'm about 80% sure it's Chinese because the cover is full on Chinese. If you dive into Chinese comics a lot of their art style are very pretty.
    The style is straight Japanese manga, even the way it's read as well. But yeah, I didn't know it was Chinese. I knew it was based off the Chinese Wuxia lore, but thought it was a Japanese-made manga.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Rock Man Reputation: 10

Yea they actually have the same format. I skim through some of it now I'm sure it's Chinese the pronunciation for the character names are what you would read from pinyin. Their styles are actually similar. The way it's read is similar too.