Changes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Default Changes

So, I will be a father in about two weeks which is scary as hell.
    I will also be changing from my call center job to a work at home position.

Working at home, I will be able to help out with the baby but I am worried being at home so much will drive me insane.

Also, working overnight, I have a bit of down time meaning I can do pretty much whatever I want.
    I could work on 3D modeling and sell those for a bit of extra cash. I could do online courses for some type of degree but due to my identity being stolen my credit has been destroyed and I doubt I could get any type of student loan.

I also don't feel any motivation/inspiration to do anything. I feel pretty much so empty at the moment.

The wife has decent credit and we will also be trying to buy a house in the next couple of months.

It's a quite a bit to process and I really don't know what to do to come out happy.

Any thoughts?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Baby is the gift from the God. When you see its little cute face, you will have motivation. You will be willing to do anything for him/her.
    Be happy, cheer up, you can make it and get used to this changes.

Olpah's Object Reputation: 323

i don't like kids or god but i hope u are happy and stuff
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Senior Editor Reputation: 12

Baby will definitely probably motivate you. But it will also help you to consider what you want out of life, look deep at that for a while.

It took me a lot of time (read I was 30 years old) before I figured that out).

Also about student loans: I had pretty shoddy credit and was $5k in debt, and I was able to get the $20k I needed to get my A.S. at a private school, split through subsidized and unsubsidized loans from the Gov. Avoid private loans, look into grants and gov' loans, you should be able to get the money you need to get yourself some extra education (if that's what you want).

The Undead Reputation: 448

unlucky m8 .

Pellet Eater Reputation: 16

Times like these don't last forever. Time will change things. At this moment, you should prepare to embrace the baby. Just remember, you're not the only one will have felt this way before. Good luck and may the force be with you.

Edit: Also if you feel like you're going to be homesick, call some of your buddies over to hang out with you. That will help keep you in good mood hopefully.

Edit: Also, are you religious? I wrote some stuff down that helped me through hard times.

"The Lord created us individually to create our own paths rather than to create us through a series of fate, determining our outcomes. He has done so because he knew he wouldn't have created you the way he did if you were created not strong enough to live the way he had imagined, through his own image. "

If you're not religious, I also wrote something else down.

"Nothing lasts forever, things will change through time. Just let fate carry you forward when you are lost, and eventually you'll find your place in time."
    Last edited by LeDave; 08-30-2014 at 01:39 AM.

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 229

Quote Originally Posted by woxoeoweo View Post
    Baby is the gift from the God. When you see its little cute face, you will have motivation. You will be willing to do anything for him/her.
    Be happy, cheer up, you can make it and get used to this changes.
    This is something you should never say to anyone, ever. Babies are not gifts, they are a person and a huge life-changing responsibility. Bringing religion into the situation is selfish, especially when you don't know the religions of the parents. I work in medicine and people do not suddenly become selfless individuals willing to sacrifice anything for a sudden mewling infant, not even the mothers who usually have a such a strong initial biological imperative to do so. Even if people love their newborns, they might hate their infants, their toddlers, their children, their teens, or the adults that spawned from them, it is not a given that you're going to know what to do or that you will love this addition unconditionally. People have lived their entire lives hating their kids, and hating what it has forced them to abandon, and to them to do otherwise is work. Having a child is work, an incredible amount of work, especially when it is an infant. You may experience joy, pride, or satisfaction, but it isn't constant, and the rest is work, unpaid, unappreciated, and potentially unwanted work. Your life WILL change, and you may not enjoy the changes. You are adding someone to your social circle who you would have never added otherwise.

How this individual develops is in, at least part, on your ability to parent. You are going to shape a life, how you shape it depends on what you're willing to do.

You are in for a challenge, some find it rewarding, some find it soul-destroying, the only thing I can offer is a quote from someone who I can't recall said it.

"Days happen, if they are good days, or bad days, is for you to decide."
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    sorry for you have the evil heart in the universe. your type are just destroy are world
    The battle of science vs. religion ended when churches started putting lightning rods on their steeples.

Olpah's Object Reputation: 323

I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Eternal Cowboy Reputation: 649
    Jacksonville Jaguars: 2018 Superbowl Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Pok View Post
    This is something you should never say to anyone, ever. Babies are not gifts, they are a person and a huge life-changing responsibility. Bringing religion into the situation is selfish, especially when you don't know the religions of the parents. I work in medicine and people do not suddenly become selfless individuals willing to sacrifice anything for a sudden mewling infant, not even the mothers who usually have a such a strong initial biological imperative to do so. Even if people love their newborns, they might hate their infants, their toddlers, their children, their teens, or the adults that spawned from them, it is not a given that you're going to know what to do or that you will love this addition unconditionally. People have lived their entire lives hating their kids, and hating what it has forced them to abandon, and to them to do otherwise is work. Having a child is work, an incredible amount of work, especially when it is an infant. You may experience joy, pride, or satisfaction, but it isn't constant, and the rest is work, unpaid, unappreciated, and potentially unwanted work. Your life WILL change, and you may not enjoy the changes. You are adding someone to your social circle who you would have never added otherwise.

How this individual develops is in, at least part, on your ability to parent. You are going to shape a life, how you shape it depends on what you're willing to do.

You are in for a challenge, some find it rewarding, some find it soul-destroying, the only thing I can offer is a quote from someone who I can't recall said it.

"Days happen, if they are good days, or bad days, is for you to decide."
    r u the type of person that gets upset when ppl say merry christmas

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

I am not religious but understand that people are and accept positive comments and advice offered as such. Thank you.
    And many thanks for all the replies. It has given me a bit to consider.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast