Condor Hero Zero OBT, CH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1
    Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Condor Hero Zero OBT, CH

    Heya folks. Friends and enemies alike-I came to bring you news that "Legend of the Condor Hero Zero" is going into OBT on the 25th. Unfortunately it's in Chinese and who knows if it'll ever be brought to the states BUT ANYWAYS! The game is loosely based off of the many great novels written by Jin Yong. In this game you can join the beggar sect, shaolin, quanzhen. Um lastly, there's a class called Ji Ying? Translated as "disease shadow", it's a dual blade wielding class. So I guess that's the dps for the game. Beggars use their fist, Shaolin use their staff and fist? Quanzhen use sword and Malaria uses two blades. Yep. If you guys want to test the game out you guys should try it. It's not region locked and no keys are needed. It's non-gender locked. BUT I can be wrong so I stand to be corrected because all I have to go off on was google translate

    The battle system is similar to Vindictus or Dragon nest but better? It's non-target but the sucky thing is it's not open world so it's a bit similar to DN and Vindictus. So yeah, you guys should give it a try. I got somes links up for those who might be interested. One is the main site and the other is the download page. IF any of you do play and have already finished downloading the client you guys should upload via torrent or by other means. The downloading is ridiculously slow. So please help out those who are unfortunate? So yeah, I hope to see some fellow english speakers in the game. I'll check back and give updates in this thread when I'm up for it.

    Main Page:
    http://sd.wanmei.com/main.htm

    Register: If you need the ID just make up a random one and if that doesn't work google it.
    http://passport.wanmei.com/register/email.jsp

    Download:
    http://sd.wanmei.com/download/index.htm

    Class:
    http://sd.wanmei.com/ccb/info3-1.htm
    Last edited by shuyukoukin; 09-19-2014 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Class link failed..

  2. #2
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 13
    shion1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shuyukoukin View Post

    The battle system is similar to Vindictus or Dragon nest but better?
    not at all. This game combat system is a direct clone of Kritika derp

    played CBT, this game sucks bad, i'll give it a 5/10

  3. #3
    Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shion1 View Post
    not at all. This game combat system is a direct clone of Kritika derp

    played CBT, this game sucks bad, i'll give it a 5/10
    How gracious of you to give this game a 5 but unfortunately I don't think other people care and this thread was never a "rate a game" thread to begin with. You're entitled to your opinions but please refrain from giving non relevant comments on the game. By doing this you can actually turn potential players away from the game. I would like the new players to arrive at their own conclusion instead of seeing negative comments and only to drop this game because of some "connoisseur" on mmos. Be mature, yah? If you don't like it stay away from it but don't ruin other people's chances to try a new game. Peace.

  4. #4
    Game Journalist Reputation: 407

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,581
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Didn't Perfect World just release Swordsman? Basically set in the same Wuxia universe?
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  5. #5
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 13
    shion1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    ^
    ^ tldr, make it short man... i would give it a 6 because of the Moba pvp but there was many horrible bugs and the graphics is a big minus point for a 2014 MMO

    Didn't Perfect World just release Swordsman? Basically set in the same Wuxia universe?
    yes, same universe, same novel writer, different timeline, different story

    swordman original name was 九陰真經, said to be the strongest martial book which divided into two parts, in the novel/movie Zhou Batong tricked GuoJing (the main character of SheDiao, condor hero) and teach him the 九陰真經 while GuoJing had no idea what he was learning

    if you guys like chinese novel, i suggest reading 天涯明月刀, English name is Tianya Mingyue Dao or moonlight Blade, freaking awesome blood intrigue plot twist. Idk if there are any English translation tho...there is a movie of it but was made badly
    Last edited by shion1; 09-20-2014 at 10:36 AM.

  6. #6
    Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shion1 View Post
    ^
    ^ tldr, make it short man... i would give it a 6 because of the Moba pvp but there was many horrible bugs and the graphics is a big minus point for a 2014 MMO...
    I did what had to be done. If you want to play that game then sorry I can't oblige you. Either read or stay ignorant. Not my lost.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Didn't Perfect World just release Swordsman? Basically set in the same Wuxia universe?
    I'm not sure if they were set in the same universe because I've never heard of any of the series mentioning the other in the story. Swordsman was probably during Ming dynasty and Legend of the Condor Hero is around Song or Yuan? So if they did refer to one another it should be similar to how they talked about the sword and the saber from Heaven Sword Dragon Saber that was made by Guo Jing's daughter or whoever it was. No connection was ever made from LOCH to Swordsman from what I've seen or read.

    One thing for sure is Jin Yong was the writer for both story though.

  7. #7
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 13
    shion1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    no matter what you say a bad game remains bad, if you think stating the truth = ignorant, u mad bro

  8. #8
    Game Journalist Reputation: 407

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,581
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    To me, I felt like Age of Wushu was the perfect Wuxia-set game. It did the combat in a way that required skill and reflex above all else, had interesting non-combat related content, had a lot of factions and classes to participate in, and a lot of other awesome Wuxia-centric content that made the universe come alive in a way that Swordsman couldn't even scratch. That's me, anyways.

    The only downside is that the company running it squandered something great. If the company running it hadn't done things the way their did, I would still be playing it to this day as it's also (in my opinion) one of the most amazing MMOs ever made - one of the few that actually fulfills the expectations that one has when coming into an MMO - a living, breathing fictional world for you to participate in.

    I don't know how I feel about these other games coming out with the same/similar setting. It feels like they're basically shoddy attempts to cash-in the re-surging popularity of this setting.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  9. #9
    Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    6

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by shion1 View Post
    no matter what you say a bad game remains bad, if you think stating the truth = ignorant, u mad bro
    That conclusion is quite off but, sure? I'm not mad at you.

    Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    To me, I felt like Age of Wushu was the perfect Wuxia-set game. It did the combat in a way that required skill and reflex above all else, had interesting non-combat related content, had a lot of factions and classes to participate in, and a lot of other awesome Wuxia-centric content that made the universe come alive in a way that Swordsman couldn't even scratch. That's me, anyways.

    The only downside is that the company running it squandered something great. If the company running it hadn't done things the way their did, I would still be playing it to this day as it's also (in my opinion) one of the most amazing MMOs ever made - one of the few that actually fulfills the expectations that one has when coming into an MMO - a living, breathing fictional world for you to participate in.

    I don't know how I feel about these other games coming out with the same/similar setting. It feels like they're basically shoddy attempts to cash-in the re-surging popularity of this setting.
    I agree. I really did liked AoW but dropped it for the same reasons as you. But hey, there are rumors of the graphic update so I'm looking forward to that if they ever implement it. But if it was me I would've made the combat more like Tera or BnS or even Black Desert. I like action rpg systems.

    I don't actually play most of the games that I posted on the thread for a long time. It's more of a try out phase for me and since I'm trying it I just thought it's nice to let others in on the news-if they haven't heard of it yet. I also wrote the news for Echo of Souls Thai. I dropped that game around level 21? Yeah so since I didn't join the cbt for this game I want to try it when it goes live.

  10. #10
    Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shuyukoukin View Post
    That conclusion is quite off but, sure? I'm not mad at you.



    I agree. I really did liked AoW but dropped it for the same reasons as you. But hey, there are rumors of the graphic update so I'm looking forward to that if they ever implement it. But if it was me I would've made the combat more like Tera or BnS or even Black Desert. I like action rpg systems.

    I don't actually play most of the games that I posted on the thread for a long time. It's more of a try out phase for me and since I'm trying it I just thought it's nice to let others in on the news-if they haven't heard of it yet. I also wrote the news for Echo of Souls Thai. I dropped that game around level 21? Yeah so since I didn't join the cbt for this game I want to try it when it goes live.
    Anyone that can read chinese and speaks english playing this, created a char got to lvl 26 but i'm stuck at a main quest that as far as i can tell wants me to buy an item (google translate says a mirror) from some npc but the npc isnt where its marked.
    FW CN Open Beta: Human Assassin 45+
    RageQuit we know drama!! wanna join pm |Kinetic for invite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •