Massive Rift Expansion On the Way

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 41

Default Massive Rift Expansion On the Way

So, with all the hype over Arche Age and everyone dogpiling their servers and making the que go upwards in the quadruple digits, i decided to return to an oldy but a goody, Rift. I'd taken a long break from the game as i'd become a bit dis-enchanted with the typical MMO gameplay, though i occasionally get bitten with the bug to play games like it. What i came back to how ever was quite impressive! Not only had their been a flurry of updates (and buffs to my Warlock build >), but rift 3.0 was well on its way.

From the looks of things, 3.0 is going to be a gigantic expansion, offering everything from little minion cards that will go on their own adventures and bring back treasure to new raids, dungeons and more. Personally, though i'm interested in FINALLY getting to play Arche Age, the expansion to Rift, and the old game in general, has caught my eye once again.

Features:

Journey to the Plane of Water and quest through three vast Zones filled with new dangers, enemies, and Nightmare Rifts. Summon Aquatic Mounts and explore new environments from sunken lairs to spires soaring into impossible skies.

Wield new Mastery Abilities amplifying the power of each Calling as you ascend to Level 65. Take your crafting skills to new heights with Expansion Recipes. Power up with new equipment and even new Equipment Slots!

Battles through 6 new Dungeons, plus a Chronicle, Sliver, and Raid that will test even the mightiest Ascended. Wage war against the queen of fire, lord of nightmares, and the malignant avatar of the plane’s sleeping god!

Recruit and command a host of Minions to seek out hidden treasures, quest with friends of any level using our expanded Mentoring system, and so much more!

As well as a new soul for each of the sub sets, from sword/board mages to vengeful blood priests.

http://www.riftgame.com/en/
    http://www.riftgame.com/en/nightmare-tide/
    Last edited by Dave!Yognaught; 09-23-2014 at 09:08 PM.

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 70

Do they plan to upgrade the graphics anytime soon? :V

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 22

Whats wrong with the graphics? .. They are superior to WoW's atleast. And I think the graphics are fine. That shouldn't be an issue in video games that look the way they do. RIFT's graphics are fine the way they are, they need to focus on gameplay .. not visuals.

Also .. I should add this is my opinion. Not facts.

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 41

I'm thinking Cold prefers flashier armor, where Rift is suuuper subdued. I think the only magical-looking-staves in the freaking game are Exotics ; . ;

I'm level 43 and still wearing like... red...robes. They, and my single-shoulder-piece are super dull to look at :s
    Side not though, i'm like, THIS close to being able to make 18 slot Spellspun bags, and each piece of Spellspun cloth is like, 1g 56s and the bags are about four plat

Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    I'm thinking Cold prefers flashier armor, where Rift is suuuper subdued. I think the only magical-looking-staves in the freaking game are Exotics ; . ;

I'm level 43 and still wearing like... red...robes. They, and my single-shoulder-piece are super dull to look at :s
    Side not though, i'm like, THIS close to being able to make 18 slot Spellspun bags, and each piece of Spellspun cloth is like, 1g 56s and the bags are about four plat
    Yeah, plus I'd prefer more... clutter to my environments. (See FFXIV.)

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Yeah, plus I'd prefer more... clutter to my environments. (See FFXIV.)
    FFXIV had very nice looking environments. Rift does too, just not as many.

Quote Originally Posted by ZSharpes View Post
    FFXIV had very nice looking environments. Rift does too, just not as many.
    That doesn't mean I don't want huge areas of free roaming though. (See TERA.)
    Last edited by coldReactive; 09-24-2014 at 04:34 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

I've been playing Rift on and off ever since I started playing Trove a month or so ago. I'm diggin the revamp they gave the Stormbringer class.

Game Journalist Reputation: 75

This post got me downloading Rift again... Going to see how it is. I still think it's the best F2P MMORPG.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

The combat in Rift doesn't seem fun. It doesn't satisfy me ;( I think mostly it's the animation. You know, some games, each blow you land on the target, each warhammer swing you make, it feels good. You can see the impact. In Rift, it feels like the only thing to look at is the HP bars...
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast