Any1 agree that Archeage Has Clunky Movement ?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    A Shrubbery Reputation: 76

Default Any1 agree that Archeage Has Clunky Movement ?

Any1 agree that Archeage Has Clunky Movement ?

The movement feels bad, it is all other than a high quality no Movement
    I mean Everquest 2 feels much better ? No ?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 278

archeage has some of the best movement since wow, so no.
    yr smoking crack.

eq2 has horrible movement.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    archeage has some of the best movement since wow, so no.
    yr smoking crack.

eq2 has horrible movement.
    Maybe he means Nui movement? Play wise it's the same time but they just always look like they're walking faster than they really are.
    But yeah I agree movement is fine, plenty responsive.

Game List Master Reputation: 165

The combat feels a bit like that for me not the movement but still find it enjoyable somehow

Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 10

I'm trying to play as a daggerspell and honestly it just is not working for me... My mana regen is absolutely horrid and I can barely pump enough DPS to survive a 2 on 1 fight, most of the times that's my fault as I attack a group of mobs on accident with my one AOE skill that I've got so far. Any tips guys? I really want to give the game a chance but this is destroying the game for me.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 293

i know that many will not agree with me ... but i really dont like the graphics of this game ... its not that they are bad or anything but i somehow don't like them ... they looks really strange to me... Whole UI and everything looks half assed ... the movement is indeed quite bad ... and well i don't like how the farther terrain looks at all ... i don't like many things about this game but i guess its only me.
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Quote Originally Posted by gextor View Post
    I'm trying to play as a daggerspell and honestly it just is not working for me... My mana regen is absolutely horrid and I can barely pump enough DPS to survive a 2 on 1 fight, most of the times that's my fault as I attack a group of mobs on accident with my one AOE skill that I've got so far. Any tips guys? I really want to give the game a chance but this is destroying the game for me.
    you're not supposed to fight more than 1 mob unless you are specifically built for aoe
    generally fights as a daggerspell go like magic circle > arc lightning > fireball spam and they should die in ~5-10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    i know that many will not agree with me ... but i really dont like the graphics of this game ... its not that they are bad or anything but i somehow don't like them ... they looks really strange to me... Whole UI and everything looks half assed ... the movement is indeed quite bad ... and well i don't like how the farther terrain looks at all ... i don't like many things about this game but i guess its only me.

i really don't see how the animations in this game are anywhere near bad
    that's like saying wow has bad animations lol

games like ffxiv, everquest 2 etc. now THAT'S bad animations. holy shit ffxiv movement is so ****ing pisspoor i vomit.

oh well

ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 10

Quick question... Is physical combat viable in this game? I've heard that rangers and casters will wreck you unless it's the right class, and if it's a viable combat profession, which class should I roll with for PVP? Also, any other better caster classes than the daggerspell? I just feel way too weird with this choice of caster.

A Shrubbery Reputation: 76

Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    No Its not only you

Cry Engine is a good but not for MMORPG games,it looks plastic.I Prefer Rift/Swordsman Engine for MMO games

The general problem with the movement is the bad feeling between the character and the Ground,Lineage 2 has much better stability

Theres no Hope for new MMOS
    Last edited by Senseos; 10-06-2014 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Senseos View Post
    No Its not only you

Cry Engine is a good but not for MMORPG games,it looks plastic.I Prefer Rift/Swordsman Engine for MMO games

The general problem with the movement is the bad feeling between the character and the Ground,Lineage 2 has much better stability

Theres no Hope for new MMOS
    what
    the

are you seriously saying there is a discrepancy between yr character and the ground? completely ignoring the fact that your character reacts to terrain and movement isn't hardcoded?

are we even playing the same game? i can understand not liking the aesthetics, or thinking that it looks plastic (yr opinion) - but saying that the characters are 'floaty' or 'disney on ice' is simply not true and quite an arrogant thing to say tbh. i'm almost on the verge of making a gifset for you so you can actually see how the characters react to running and encountering obstacles / running uphill.

i'd really like to know what you personally think has 'good movement' if archeage doesn't cut it for you.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast