New game in Alpha: Albion Online

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Thumbs up New game in Alpha: Albion Online

I found Albion Online while playing Torchlight II. I have registered as a Founder member for early access. In this game you can equip whatever you like and learn any skill you want. It is full loot PVP, fun and scary! A lot of the ideas are like EVE Online, but set in olden times and on the ground

The next Alpha test is in December 2014. Get in early!

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 26

Pay in alpha for a UO clone. No thanks.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 23

I anticipate the game will be p2w just like Archeage. I don't trust devs that make you pay for early access and neither should you.

Mark my words.

Why can't we have more game companies like Grinding Gear Games and Hi-Rez and Stunlock Studios.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 72

gets kickstarter funds > makes people pay for alpha =

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post
    I anticipate the game will be p2w just like Archeage. I don't trust devs that make you pay for early access and neither should you.

Mark my words.

Why can't we have more game companies like Grinding Gear Games and Hi-Rez and Stunlock Studios.
    Why do people keep saying that ArcheAge is P2W? You can get enough money to purchase Patron by simply leveling your character to 50...

If you mean cash shop items, you can buy all of them on the auction house. Labor Pots go for about 5.5g on most servers, with occasional spikes that take them closer to 6g. You can do a trade run in less than seven minutes and make 8g - you could buy all the materials for said tradepack and still make 3g profit, or more if you work the auction house a bit.

There is literally no advantage you can get from pouring money into the game, as making gold is incredibly easy. I don't know why some people even bother selling cash shop items on the auction house as they can make more gold from easier, cheaper, and faster methods in a majority cases. I'm guessing people just have a lot of money to throw around and don't mind buying 5.5g for $2. But in the end, it doesn't hurt the completely f2p players at all. Hell, the richest person I know in the game has never even spent a cent. Which means that yes, he wasn't a founder.

That all being said, I recently got to play for a few days during Albion's latest alpha test. I unfortunately didn't get far into the game (if I still have access during next alpha/closed beta, I plan to put a lot more time into it). The article should be published sometime in a week or so. Jame's video on it was put up a few days ago and is definitely worth a watch if you want a quick overview of the current game (tho the developers have said that a lot of the systems will be expanded upon greatly, to the point that a lot of the current systems could even be considered "place holders").

About buying into Alpha... yeah I'm getting annoyed with that. Alpha should be a time where developers search for "qualified" gamers to actually test their product. A privilege that is earned through experience, or at least a lottery. I miss those days.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 10-16-2014 at 02:16 PM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Quote Originally Posted by Otakun View Post
    Pay in alpha for a UO clone. No thanks.
    The real UO clone, or more like its spiritual successor, would be Shroud of the Avatar. Which has ridiculous rewards for people that pay for alpha. Seriously, the founder tiers are ridiculous.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 278

Mark my words.

I anticipate you're a troll, no wait I know you are.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 23

Lol, the archeage fanboys are so mad. And brainwashed.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 278

Lol, the archeage fanboys are so mad. And brainwashed.
    By your logic, WoW is p2w because you can buy lv. 90 boost.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 44

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    By your logic, WoW is p2w because you can buy lv. 90 boost.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast