Which of the following games are worth the time?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Which of the following games are worth the time?!

Hiyas! A newbie here just wanting to ask a question that's been bothering me for so long! Which of these 5 games would you recommend the most and please state why!!! Guild Wars 2, Tera, Aion, Neverwinter or Rift? These games caught my attention the most and I would really like to try out 1 or 2 of them.

1) Guild Wars 2 I heard is probably the more popular game with more players and I know you have to buy the game first. But the negative I heard was that it's a game solely revolved around parties most times and end game is kinda boring.

2) Neverwinter Is the newest game of the 5, and its action combat and also pretty popular game on steam. And it's also mostly instances based so lots of soloing unless playing with friends right? But I'm worried that it's kinda p2w (bummer if true!) with PvP and all that from what people complain about.

3) The character costumization in Aion looks really pretty and I like that you have wings to fly to places. I also heard it has great end game pvp. But it seems everyone talks down about the game because of the long grinding. And it also seams this game is the least recommended of the 5 but why? D;

4) Tera looks the the neatest game with the amazing graphics and the action combat system. Though one thing I noticed is sometimes the combat is a big turn off after a while for people. And that its end game pvp isnt that good like Aions or Rifts or Neverwinter right? Btw of all these games does Tera have the best graphics? Or is it Aion or GW2???

5) I dunno much about Rift except it's kinda like WoW and it's the least p2w market game of these 5 after GW2. I'm looking up more videos on it to learn more about Rift

So... Could you guys please help suggest which game or 2 games here to try out and why? I really don't want to try all 5 out since that would take ages, plus it defeats the purpose of me asking you guys for help on which one or two to tryout lol! Btw please don't mention other games like Archage, WoW, Dota , PoE or Bless or etc.. Because I have checked out so many of them and these 5 I've mentioned are the ones that truley intrigue me the most!

Sorry for the long post and thanks for any suggestions!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 302

My issue with GW2 is that warriors were basically the best class in PVE and PVP. no idea if it's been fixed.

Neverwinter, i didn't play much of it, but if it's like other PWE games than it most likely is P2W for pvp.

Aion is actually one of the more Fair mmos in terms of F2P, never got too far as i got tired of playing alone.

Tera is decent, but the Jailbait race kinda ruins it for me.

Rift is pretty neat as you can actually level to cap via Rifts so it's solo friendly with the public party feature.

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by WerewolfX View Post
    My issue with GW2 is that warriors were basically the best class in PVE and PVP. no idea if it's been fixed.

Neverwinter, i didn't play much of it, but if it's like other PWE games than it most likely is P2W for pvp.

Aion is actually one of the more Fair mmos in terms of F2P, never got too far as i got tired of playing alone.

Tera is decent, but the Jailbait race kinda ruins it for me.

Rift is pretty neat as you can actually level to cap via Rifts so it's solo friendly with the public party feature.
    I can get behind these (save for AION, since I don't support PVP). If you plan to go healer in GW2, you need to choose elementalist, and go water. There's also a perma-buff you get by doing a very out-of-the-way quest/place underwater for increased healing. But as a note, GW2 has changed a lot, and you can no longer go ahead of quests / areas now due to some patches they put in. (I tried going to a skill point place before I actually earned my first skill point, and it wouldn't let me do it, it was annoying. The new way weapon skills are acquired is also unsettling, and the fact they made certain dynamic events and quest areas "easier" by reducing the content available to them. IE: You can't feed the cows anymore in the farm in the human starting area, nor do you need to pick up buckets of water to use them on things on fire.)

And yes, Underwater battles are still stupidly annoying and unbalancedly hard in GW2.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: FFXIV:Heavensward, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior · Saving For: An Epic Computer

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 11

I played NW0 and yet it's fun with new scourge warlocks (very OP and soon new specs are coming in shortly) yet still P2W though but alot of farming in AD though unless you have other stuff from other games on Perfect World then u can trade em into NW0

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfang99 View Post
    I played NW0 and yet it's fun with new scourge warlocks (very OP and soon new specs are coming in shortly) yet still P2W though but alot of farming in AD though unless you have other stuff from other games on Perfect World then u can trade em into NW0
    Any MMORPG that allows you to trade cash shop items on like an auction house or between players, basically auto-makes the MMORPG pay2win. Key word though: "Basically", it really depends on availability of player items are on the auction house/etc. if you do it in this manner, and how expensive those cash shop items are in the first place.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: FFXIV:Heavensward, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior · Saving For: An Epic Computer

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

i played Guild wars 2 once before. so thats it, for it's one of the best game worth a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubia View Post
    Hiyas! A newbie here just wanting to ask a question that's been bothering me for so long! Which of these 5 games would you recommend the most and please state why!!! Guild Wars 2, Tera, Aion, Neverwinter or Rift? These games caught my attention the most and I would really like to try out 1 or 2 of them.

1) Guild Wars 2 I heard is probably the more popular game with more players and I know you have to buy the game first. But the negative I heard was that it's a game solely revolved around parties most times and end game is kinda boring.

2) Neverwinter Is the newest game of the 5, and its action combat and also pretty popular game on steam. And it's also mostly instances based so lots of soloing unless playing with friends right? But I'm worried that it's kinda p2w (bummer if true!) with PvP and all that from what people complain about.

3) The character costumization in Aion looks really pretty and I like that you have wings to fly to places. I also heard it has great end game pvp. But it seems everyone talks down about the game because of the long grinding. And it also seams this game is the least recommended of the 5 but why? D;

4) Tera looks the the neatest game with the amazing graphics and the action combat system. Though one thing I noticed is sometimes the combat is a big turn off after a while for people. And that its end game pvp isnt that good like Aions or Rifts or Neverwinter right? Btw of all these games does Tera have the best graphics? Or is it Aion or GW2???

5) I dunno much about Rift except it's kinda like WoW and it's the least p2w market game of these 5 after GW2. I'm looking up more videos on it to learn more about Rift

So... Could you guys please help suggest which game or 2 games here to try out and why? I really don't want to try all 5 out since that would take ages, plus it defeats the purpose of me asking you guys for help on which one or two to tryout lol! Btw please don't mention other games like Archage, WoW, Dota , PoE or Bless or etc.. Because I have checked out so many of them and these 5 I've mentioned are the ones that truley intrigue me the most!

Sorry for the long post and thanks for any suggestions!
    I might as well choose TERA, I've been always playing this game and I don't remember having any trouble playing this so far. Yes! It’s really worth a time, well at least for me. So far graphics are good details are precise.This game really worth a time.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Default Aion Failed!

Try to check this reasons why you won't go for aion.

PvP-oriented Gameplay

A major draw to the game for some, but likely a deal breaker for many others is the way PvP is handled in Aion.

There are no PvE servers, most zones are fully PvP enabled with random portals ensuring entirely unpredictable clashes and the end-game mostly consists of PvP (or PvPvE) content. This is an aspect of the game that most people have yet to come into contact with, which means today’s positive comments could turn sour very quickly once carebears start getting ganked.

While I think this is a major draw to the game, I also know that I’m hardly the average player right now. Most of the people who’ve flocked to Aion are World of WarCraft players, and many of them will be in for a shock once they hit the halfway point and head on to the Abyss.

Flight is a Gimmick

Oh sure you can fly for a couple of minutes once you’ve got things maxed out and you can float mostly everywhere else. Great.

Unfortunately it is capped to only a couple of minutes and to a number of zones. Many zones, including the – floating – capitals do not support flight, only floating on air currents (or: downhill). A great way to ruin your prime distinctive gameplay feature.

In-flight combat seems like a cool gimmick, but with flight capped to roughly 3 minutes it seems unlikely to become an actual commonly adopted play style.

Indistinctive

The previous point brings me to a more important reason why Aion might stand to lose some of it’s customers: it’s not very distinctive.

Aion may have flight implemented in a way that’s never been seen before in a MMORPG. And it does offer a beautiful world and every feature you’d expect of a modern MMO game. But it doesn’t bring a whole lot new to the table.

This will not matter to a majority of players, who’d rather play something familiar, but it will cost NCSoft some subscribers in the long run.

Server Population Balance

Actually the population balance across the servers in Aion is excellent right now, thanks to NCSoft’s overly harsh server policy.

The problem lies in the fact that you’ll have a hard time meeting up with friends on a popular server. You may know a lot of people who play the game, but if you just joined and see that their server of Perento (or Spatalos) has a 2500 player queue, then you’ll be going for Kahrun. Or your friends might stop playing before you even make it through the server queue!

It can also fracture guilds that were formed prior to launch but contain some members who’d rather actually play, whereas others insist on staying on a specific server. This means players who know each other are less likely to play together, which decreases the likelihood of their subscribing for further months of play.

Balanced it might be. But the community is not as happy as it could, or indeed should, be.

Server Queues

And that brings me to the topic of the … err … month: server queues.

‘First impressions are everything’ is not an idiom known to NCSoft. I can hardly play with my friends on the Perento server at all, because it translates to a 2+ hour wait. I only have a few hours every evening to actually play this game, which means I’m not going to sit around and wait to get in for a few hours.

A lot of people are voicing similar complaints about the ridiculous server queues, which have lasted for more than a week and are actually getting worse again. NCSoft has responded by launching a single server, which hasn’t helped the queues on other servers at all.

- You can still try to play Aoin. But I suggest to try other games.
    Last edited by kyz-02; 11-05-2014 at 07:14 AM. Reason: incomplete message
    I'm a Gamer not a PLAYER!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 142

kyz-02, you haven't played Aion for years, have you? There is now a rookie server that is PVP protected and the population is pretty low, there are certainly no waiting queues anymore, you can be happy if there are more than 1000 players total on the server. =p

Anyone to the OP:

1. Guild Wars 2
    - good for the quick fun
    - you might like PVP or not, depends on taste
    - not really designed for endgame content
    - PVE isn't as good anymore as it was at launch, see coldReactive's post, and also there simple aren't as much PVE players anymore

2. Don't know much about Neverwinter, but if it's anyway near as good as Dungeons and Dragons Online, then it's probably great. Play with party of friends.

3. Aion - Solid game. Well polished. Nothing special, though. I enjoyed it for a while but then got bored.

4. Tera - What makes it unique is that it managed to combine action combat with open world. But that's about it. Action combat isn't as good as in instanced action MMORPGs (e.g. Dragon Nest) and the remaining gameplay is just your super generic quest-driven MMORPG.

5. Rift - Also pretty solid and well polished. I'd most likely rate is slightly higher than Aion. Again nothing too special, though.

Thumbs up

this thread is a good source of information for those gamer who wanna try other games like me..
    to be honest i don't have any experience playing these games: Guild Wars 2, Tera, Aion, Neverwinter or Rift but because of your comments and opinions in each game it catches my attention and become interested to try to play one of these games..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast