Thread: HEX: Shards of Fate entering public beta

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 22

One very important thing to mention about HEX: It's a TCG, not a CCG. You get basically nothing past your starter cards for free. You can have plenty of fun with the starter cards but you must invest money if you want to get new cards. The game has an actual market for trading/buying/selling cards. This is not like Hearthstone where you can theoretically get every card for free, you simply can't do that in Hex.

Just a heads up is all. I enjoy the game but it's a bit of a surprise if you're expecting to get lots of stuff without spending anything.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167

If you do the starter fights you gain cards per win, a booster, and then 5k gold. You just got to get through all the matched to get all this. First few matches gives you various cards designed for your starter. Then you get the booster . After the booster win, you get the gold battles. 2k the first and 5k the next.

If you used the 5k right you can build you a fun deck from your starter. From what I see there will be a campaign mode. What features or prizes it will have, i dunno.

Also, the point cost for boosters is not bad. 200 plat per booster. A booster will have 11 c, 3 cu, 1 rare or legendary, 1 chest. 15 cards per booster.

500 plat $4.99
    1000 plat $9.99
    2000 plat $19.99

Then the others higher priced ones. But if you just spend @10.00 you got 5 boosters. IRL its been a long long time since I have seen prices like this for boosters.

I dont know if you earn gold on random PvE, but the start fights will earn you 5K total when its complete. If you need to know where it is, it's under the home button at top. You'll have Hex Tutorial and the Starter fights. You know when you complete the starter fights, when the button is no longer there. Then you are on you own.

I will look into AI fights and see if the do reward you. I like playing my Harey deck. I just need to figure out a good way to multiply quicker. Overall the game feels like Magic: The Gathering in it's alpha, beta, and unlimited age (1993 -1996), but streamlined and tweaked for online use. I enjoy it a lot and I can see this game going places if they make it friendly to PvE and PvP players.

IGN Auktinu

Add me...

UPDATE: If you play the AI in Proving Grounds, you will not earn gold.

I haven't tried PvE to see how much the earnings are.

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 22

Purely out of curiosity since it's been so long since I've been to a hobby store, in real life I remember buying MTG boosters for ~3.95. What do they got for now? Just wondering since you mentioned the in-game prices being better than real life prices (Which at ~$2.00 per booster, they certainly would be).

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167

LMAO, I just discovered you can use subway gift cards on this game.

I am quite surprised who is creating this game. It seems that Cryptozoic Entertainment has their hands in a lot of IRL TCGs and Board games. Gonna keep an eye on this company.

The good thing I thought about is, get some friends on and PvP with them. Gold earned between friends is much better than some random that you dont know if he is a beginner or someone who has a god deck. But God decks are easy to kill, you just need the right cards.