Entropia Dev Notes #10

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Entropia Universe Journalist Reputation: 55

Default Entropia Dev Notes #10

Developer Notes #10 - Galactic Transport

In the upcoming Entropia Universe Version Update 15.1 (currently scheduled for early December), planet-specific auction sections will be removed. This change will result in a single unified auction, something that many participants have requested and something that MindArk believes will result in a more efficient and dynamic interplanetary economy.

After VU 15.1, buyers will have three options when winning an auction that was listed from a planet that differs from that of the buyer:

1. Pickup at Origin - Items won from auction will be placed into the buyer’s inventory on the planet of origin (the planet where the auction was created). Buyer must then travel to the planet of origin to retrieve the items from storage.
    2. Normal Delivery - Items won from auction will be transported to the buyer’s storage at the buyer’s current location after a specified period of time (TBD, approximately 1-4 hours). This option will incur a small transport fee, based on the weight of the items to be transported.
    3. Instant Delivery - Items won from auction will be transported immediately to the buyer’s storage at the buyer’s current location. This option will incur the same transport fee as Normal Delivery, along with an extra convenience fee.

The transport fees collected for the Normal and Instant Delivery options will be held in a special transport fee pool. In a subsequent Version Update, transport missions will be made available that can be claimed by spaceship pilots via a queue system that incorporates the available transport fee pool, pilot skills, time limitations, and ship cargo capacities.

Those missions will take the form of cargo boxes which must be delivered to a destination in return for a PED reward funded by the transport fee pool. Cargo boxes are at risk of being looted by other participants in cases where the transporting ship is defeated in space combat; the looted cargo boxes can then be delivered to the assigned destination by the looter to claim the original transport mission reward. Note that the cargo boxes will correspond to the value of the transport mission reward rather than the actual items traded via auction sales. In this way piracy of cargo boxes will not negatively impact interplanetary trade.

It will still be possible to transport goods and resources through space in the current manner, though changes will be made in upcoming Version Updates to address currently existing issues and loopholes that allow for risk-free transport of goods and materials through space.

MindArk believes that this new Galactic Transport system will result in increased activity and efficiency in the interplanetary market for goods and materials, along with more accurate and informative market history data that will benefit participants on all planets. It will also make for a much more exciting and engaging gameplay experience in space and pave the way for further development of space systems including combat, hunting, transport and resource gathering.

Originally Posted Here

1 week after I sold my ship too.... Not sure what I think of it yet and if I sold at the right time or will regret it.

EntropiaPlanets - Fan Site I am involved with
    Entropia Wiki

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by Narfi Hungry Willem View Post
    1 week after I sold my ship too.... Not sure what I think of it yet and if I sold at the right time or will regret it.
    Well this is a big nerf to mothership transport since you can basically transport lightweight items for auctionhouse fee.

... Now to get them to release taming... Is taming already out?!
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    Well this is a big nerf to mothership transport since you can basically transport lightweight items for auctionhouse fee.

... Now to get them to release taming... Is taming already out?!
    Yep first stage of taming is out, I have gone and tamed 100+ pets from each planet. (except rocktropia, i took a break from taming for halloween mayhem but back on rock now so will start back up.)

Entropia Wiki

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Narfi Hungry Willem View Post
    Yep first stage of taming is out, I have gone and tamed 100+ pets from each planet. (except rocktropia, i took a break from taming for halloween mayhem but back on rock now so will start back up.)
    Narfi, I apologize for asking, but your progress fascinates me. That said, has your net worth increased within the game? Can you put a numerical value to it? Also, how much progress are you making on a monthly basis?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by BetaGods123 View Post
    Narfi, I apologize for asking, but your progress fascinates me. That said, has your net worth increased within the game? Can you put a numerical value to it? Also, how much progress are you making on a monthly basis?

Thanks in advance.
    That is a really tricky question.....
    The simple answer is I just initiated a withdrawal for 10k usd. (will show up in my bank in 50+ business days)

A more convoluted answer:

On average I have deposited 50$ a month since fall of 08, but some months I have done more (100$ once in a while) and others I haven't at all (I haven't deposited anything for the last 3 months)
    This is only my second withdrawl, the first was for 3333usd

Lets call it 75 a month for 6yrs (its been less than this but for the math its simple) = 5400usd
    13333 - 5400 = ~7900dollars 'profit'

7900/6 = 1316usd per year or just over 100usd per month.

It certainly hasn't been a steady progression though and if graphed would have highs and lows and be all over the place.

It is a RCE but my goal has not been to make money (I am confident I could support a family if I lived in a 3rd world country and that was my focus), instead my goal has been character progression and development for as cheap as possible while maintaining some sort of a role play in my own mind. In that I think I have been very successful.

A break down of where that profit has come from (counted in ped which is 1/10th of a dollar)

100k from the Mothership I just sold which I won in a 6 month hunting competition.
    42k from a lucky loot I got several years ago (was only 16k but sold for a high mu that made up the rest)
    ???? from the mothership buisness which I ran with the ship for 3yrs (was quite profitable but I didnt track, and spent alot of it skilling)
    ???? from Crafting to sell (ran a shop and was a main crafter on rocktropia for a couple of years)
    20k+ from Gamble Crafting to loot high value BPs (I only did this a couple of times for hard fast profit before the opportunity window closed)
    ???? from mining for markup (probably my most profitable non-jackpot activity over my carrier, but isnt very exciting)
    ???? hunting... excluding jackpots and events I really dont know if I have profited or lost at hunting over time, but for sure not a large amount in either direction.
    15k+ trading.... I used to transport weapons and mining supplies when Rocktropia was first introduced, but haven't done much trading in recent years.

I have done 'well' but I have worked hard at it as well esp. for just a game. For instance last week I clocked 40hrs in the Halloween Mayhem competition instances + the time preparing before and after each 1hr run. (I came no where near the winners list and will only get a 50ped participation prize + some creature control capsules (lets you be a creature for X amount of time and attack other players in anonymous creature form) for breaking 5000pts (i was 300pts shy of 10k) (Winners haven't actually been announced yet)

For the last year or more I have been running a team with the goal of owning land areas, and we have our first one so far and having fun trying to make it profitable. (time will tell how we did) And we will likely get more in the coming years.

I organized a group of investors that bought two of the stables recently released, hopefully that turns out as well as some of my former projects.
    None of the stables have been released yet so we purchased them site unseen. But i theory I believe they will allow added functionality to the pets and be the pet battle arenas as well as the medium through which Entropia players can sell their pets to the Android players.
    Will all depend on how it is implemented though.

When it gets down to progression though, I have decent unlimited gear for my level and believe I will continue to do well as long as I don't get greedy.
    Just bought an Adjusted Hadoc Mayhem healing tool today which I am pretty excited about, it will replace the two healing tools I was using before as well as provide a higher heal/sec AND higher heal/pec
    Last edited by Narfi Hungry Willem; 11-13-2014 at 11:54 PM.

Entropia Wiki

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 31

Thank you for that thorough analysis. Keep up the good work, as usual.

Til' we meet again, my friend.

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 5

On a similar note I'd like to ask this, I'd say there's a pretty defined line between where you're "playing" instead of "working" and I will generally quit a game if I'm spending more time in the latter than the former, are you still mostly spending time playing? I realize this is a bit objective, but I'm asking because transporting/mining/harvesting and trading to a degree isn't exactly what I'd consider fun, though I'd enjoy hunting.

Anyway, I've been thinking about giving the game a shot. I did try it a couple years ago (maybe 4?), but at the time it wasn't very beginner friendly and I pretty much quit when I got lost in an area/base where I saw like no one else.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroleTheUntamed View Post
    I'd say there's a pretty defined line....
    I realize this is a bit objective....
    I think I tend to side with the objective view of this.
    That said, I currently hunt about 50-90% of my logged in time. (I include preparing for before and storing stuff after w/ marginal amounts of auction/p2p selling of my loot)

It all depends on what you personally think is fun, I know people that trade full time because they think it is fun and it stimulates their minds. I know people that will only hunt, or only mine, or only etc......

I enjoy variety, and have done extended periods of different activities to challenge myself to become as efficient in it as possible.
    My avatar is well rounded in all skill sets excluding the beauty profession and taming and I am currently working on taming since it has just been reintroduced.

There are advantages to specialization and there are advantages to dabbling in everything. Ultimately it is a sandbox though, so it is up to what you want to do and what you think is fun.

Remember however that it revolves around a Real Cash Economy, so the most 'fun' activities will be more popular and therefor harder to 'profit' at.

Entropia Wiki

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 9
    Down that one road. Beside that big tree.

I think i will finally give this game a shot. I love the fact that you have to do each individual skill in order to progress in it. One of the reason i have played Tibia for so damn long. Is there a certain race or something i should start with as a beginner? And do i get all skills to work with from the start? Also what is the best planet to start on? With lots of people to chat with? If there is not a world chat.
    Last edited by Crazedkilla; 11-14-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazedkilla View Post
    I think i will finally give this game a shot. I love the fact that you have to do each individual skill in order to progress in it. One of the reason i have played Tibia for so damn long. Is there a certain race or something i should start with as a beginner? And do i get all skills to work with from the start? Also what is the best planet to start on? With lots of people to chat with? If there is not a world chat.
    You start with basically nothing and no skills, but there is low level equipment for basically every profession that you can start without skills to build up with. So no, there is no race, or option choices at the beginning that limit or effect later game play.

*You can choose the planet you start on, however they are starting to move towards starting everyone on Calypso as it is the most populated planet, so I would probably recommend starting there.

Once you have done all of the starter missions, and got a little experience under your belt, then you can travel around to the planets and do their starter missions and get a feel for the different cultures to decide where you want to call 'home' (my favorite is Rocktropia)

There is a Rookie chat which lots of veterans leave open to help with questions, so location will not limit your access to communication. (since it is an all universe chat, there does end up being periods of time you want to turn it off or shoot yourself from idiots spam and chatter though)

For anyone starting out I can not stress enough to really make sure your mind is focused on it being a RCE (real cash economy).
    You cant just kill 10 rats over and over and over to get money to buy cool gear with.
    The economy is scaled to every level of play, and you need to figure out the niches where you can loot resources or items that you can sell for more than their game set value (TT Value = Trade Terminal). The game takes its 'cut' from everything you do, so you need to interact with the economy and other players to keep from loosing your money too fast.

You can play for free, or for a set budget, but the rules still apply at whatever level you choose to progress at so be careful

I love the challenge, and the difficulty is what has driven me to obsession for all these years, but I feel it is still fair to warn anyone starting

you will love it or hate it,

GL starting out, and let me know if you ever need advice, I love helping out when I can.

narfi

*Each planet is developed and maintained by a different development studio under the umbrella of Mind Ark who develops the platform.
    By choosing a planet when you start, you are tagged as from that planet, and a greater portion of the money earned from you goes to that development studio.

Calypso, FOMA, and Crystal Palace - Owned by Mind Ark out of Sweden (a portion of profits from Calypso also go to *CLD holders in the game)
    Rocktropia - Owned by NEVERDIE a legendary gamer from Entropia who sold all his game assets to fund the studio in Hollywood.
    Arkadia - Also owned by another former Entropia gamer out of Australia who started his studio in Singapore. *see notes about AUD
    Next Island - Owned by David Post an investor out of New York who has pretty much abandoned the project. (I would avoid starting here as it is not currently being actively supported)
    Cyrene - Owned by Creative Kingdom Animation Studios, I am not sure where they are developing it, but they have faculties in UAE, USA, Philippines, Thailand and China.
    Toulan - Owned by Beladcom a Jordanian game developer
    Monria - a planetoid 'moon' owned by a player consortium with profit sharing but developed and maintained by Mind Ark the parent company.

If you have studied these all before starting, and If you feel you want a larger portion of what they make off of you going to one or the other, then you should choose them when you start. The income from you will still be split up depending on where you are and what you do, but a larger portion will go to your planet of origin. (most people wont really care about this, but you did ask about what planet to start on so figured I should share)

*CLD, AUD, and the upcoming ComPet Deeds are 'stocks' or 'deeds' to shares of partial ownership to different segments of the game. They are bought and sold between players within the game and dividends are paid out daily or weekly depending on which ones you posess.

Entropia Wiki

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast