Looking for an MMO with a fun to play support class/job/race

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Looking for an MMO with a fun to play support class/job/race

Something thats not TOO modern..but does not look ugly as hell either (My cpu is quite dated), Im looking for an MMO that is fun, active and has a fun support class/classes, some games, such as Eden Eternals support classes..feel very heal botty..I dont really want that....

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 12

Well, Final Fantasy XI is still around and last I recall, Bard and Corsair were still wanted for things.

La Tale's Maestro and Pop Star (I think that is its name) provide heals and damage.

Maplestory's Beast Tamer has two summons (skill sets) devoted to supporting a team.

Aura Kingdom also has a nice support class, being able to cross class essentially helps a lot.

If I can think of anymore non-machine intensive mmos with support classes I'll post em' here.

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 52

The best support experience I have ever had was with the bard class in Forsaken World. By comboing skills you can achieve nice short-time buffs.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 11

I am also looking for something that can do more than just sit there and heal. I was thinking of trying Forsaken World out again but was wondering if it even had any kind of population anymore? (Haven't played since their closed beta)

But If you ever find anything to play I would gladly join you!
    Nobody is born in this world to be alone! -Jaguar D. Saul

Game List Master Reputation: 165

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDivider View Post
    Well, Final Fantasy XI is still around and last I recall, Bard and Corsair were still wanted for things.

La Tale's Maestro and Pop Star (I think that is its name) provide heals and damage.

Maplestory's Beast Tamer has two summons (skill sets) devoted to supporting a team.

Aura Kingdom also has a nice support class, being able to cross class essentially helps a lot.

If I can think of anymore non-machine intensive mmos with support classes I'll post em' here.
    Maple doesn't really run well on old computers now the game has had a memory leak for some time now.

Try Priston Tale most classes have support skills but Shaman and Priestess mainly

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Ragnarok Online!
    - runs even on very old computers
    - cute graphics
    - has really incredibly fun heal classes

Priests for example can not only heal, but can give a large amount of buffs you often need to know which ones to apply in which situation as well as being able to create protective walls. Sometimes you even heal exorcising the undead (or if you play solo). In certain party constellations they can even take the role of a tank.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 72

I recommend you three mmorpgs that I really enjoyed that has fun support classes.

RO is more pve based, you can pvp in a arena but its not that populated, weekly castle siege is fun, early levels are boring, few quests.

Legend of Edda lets you duel people anytime outside the field (you must accept) its 3d but low specs, Realm vs Realm content every 30 mins, lv.20+ area is a pk area but only players from another realm could damage you. has quite a few instances. a lot of quests.

Graal Online Zodiac - openworld pvp game, low playerbase but has a rich gear farming content with various dungeons, endless customization, feels like a mini world of warcraft.

Ragnarok Online has a priest only customization are the head styles, and some colors but the game in general is really interesting and priests wear prettier robes as they advance classes, they are one of the most wanted classes in party play and woe like the other games http://playragnarok.com/

War of Emperium video with archbishop, it's a weekly castlesiege content where you attack the crystal or protect it (if you're in the defending guild alliance) check out more LumniaRO videos if you want to see more.
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

this is an archbishop leveling video with a partner, you can find some bishop videos soloing bosses on youtube as well.
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Legend of Edda has cute characters, lv.20+ areas have a pk zone that allows you to kill the opposing realm players, you start out as a mage and advance into cleric (you have heals at lower levels. you can quest grind, or monster grind (I prefer doing quests atleast eventually) the way the camera angle is set up reminds me of final fantasy 7. there isn't that much customization but I feel that it's enough.
    https://edda.jcplanet.com/

the characters look very small because she zoomed out, you can play zoomed in if you want, the other players appears in hoods to prevent lag, you can turn this option on/off if you're computer can handle it (it should) this is a Realm vs Realm content called the sacred wars, it's held every hour or thirty minutes with different level ranges such as 1~20 20~30 30~40 all or something like that.
    YouTube Video

you could do instance runs with a party or solo once you're high enough (yeah clerics can solo these dungeons) I wanted to show you lower dungeons but I can't find a party run on youtube. so if you ever get to this point of the dungeon, "it may look better"
    YouTube Video

https://edda.jcplanet.com/Guides/Skill?cno=5

Graal Online Zodiac which is completely free with two type of healers, unlimited customization (you can create your own head,body or find it off of gfxblogs, or sites like www.graaldepot.com and upload it ingame to look different.) this game has 60-70 on peak time perhaps a lot more on holidays it solely depends on how well the staff are doing, if they don't balance the overpowered classes

1- Priest the usually healer has single target heals halo, minor heal, major heal and party heals restore, lifestream, uncloaking shadows heals around you, energy freeze is a bind but can be used to heal your party members (not many does this though) there are class masteries at lv.60 (max level) that allows you to heal others when you cleanse your allies debuffs, they have a spell called absolution that freezes your ally but grants invulnerability to damage for a several seconds, during this state, your heals are increased greatly, this is good to use when the tank is about to die or shield them from incoming burst damage. find the guy in a pirate hat and a big yellow rod, he's priest. (he shows up at the bottom right and moves top left)
    YouTube Video

2- Druid - burst heals or heal over time, very comfortable to use and less gear reliant, you got Mend, Regenerate that heals a target over time, in some dungeons these hot (heal over time) are enough but in harder dungeons you've got Sacred Flora for area heal you must be inside it while you cast Nourishing Blossom to heal everyone but yourself (it is a channeled heal that increases as you hold it but it only heals your allies) the blue guy with a brown rod with green cast effects is the druid (he's shown at the top of the screen in the beginning)
    YouTube Video

the heals are rather more visible than this when you're actually playing the game.

also here is a overworld pk video to know what it's like
    YouTube Video

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so to clean it up

Ragnarok - more of a monster grinder, if you got a good partner then you could level quite quickly, you need a bit of zeny to class advance has weekly castle siege, priests are loved! there are MVP (a field boss that give the best drop to the highest dps and such) instances exist but people seem to solo it more than party. (or use warp portal points = real cash) it's quite grindy when it comes to money making and getting gear.

Legend of Edda - Quest Grinder, my usual method is level first and get quests later because there is a certain level range where quests don't show up. the next zone is lv.20 so I would first get around lv.15 and finish the quests in the first zone and advance from there. you got 5 tokens to do instances daily, and you can join RvR every once in a while

Graal Online - there are hardly any quests here and the no grind, like I said before you can use pretty much any head/body as long as you upload it or have it in your folders. I have a sailormoon head/body code xD I've seen some sesame street characters too. the gear farming is at max level so unlike tera you visit every dungeon (there is a instance cool down so you can't enter the same dungeon for 30 minutes)