Help bring back Wizardry Online?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Help bring back Wizardry Online?

About 10 months ago, It was announced by SOE that Wizardry Online was set to shutdown its server officially on July 31st, 2014. This game really didn't get the run that it should have gotten due to the publishers lack of management. Wizardry Online would of still been alive if it wasn't for SOE, but now there is a chance that Wizardry Online can be revived, and brought back to the NA&EU market under a new publisher.

What is Wizardry Online?

Wizardry Online features five races (human, elf, porkul, dwarf (male-only), and gnome (female-only)) as well as four classes (fighter, priest, mage, and thief). Similar to previous Wizardry games, a new character will receive a random number of bonus points they can assign to attributes. Each class has a requirement for a number of points in a one or more attributes in order to select that class. Throughout the game, characters will be able to change their class.

Open world player versus player (PvP) is also a large part of the game. Players can attack any other player in town or in dungeons at any time and the same permadeath consequences also apply should a player fall victim to a PvP death. Player characters that have been slain (either by monsters or by other players) can be looted of their belongings by other players.

Wizardry Online uses microtransactions to support itself; players can access premium items through the Royal Shop where the currency for items is Station Cash. Mostly outfits and some consumable things.

Here is a gameplay video of WO.

It would really mean a lot if people could help get this out there by sharing this thread, but also help by posting here

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 619

i love wizardry online but why would subagames pick this up on request? is there any reason for this, or are you just trying to get their interest at random?
    if its the latter then i dont think its even worth the energy trying to revive this. as long a company cant see profit in it they wont even look at it no matter how many people beg for it, and sadly the only way i can see this game become profitable for these greedy company's is by turning it completely pay to win. graphics arent its strongest side so cosmetic items wont work too well so its gonna have to be like SOE's version, paying cash for protection on dead, for upgrade stones and xp boosts and such. meanwhile newbies will keep getting ganked by the p2w elitist drama queens. and scared of which makes the game slowly die out again. the game is amazing but some of the stuff is executed so poorly that no company would probably ever pick this up again.

edit: speaking of elitist drama queens, heres a little story that made me quit wizardry.
    /rant_mode_on
    once there was a man named garrett, he played this game a lot in beta and had a great guild which i was part of. however slowly he became more inactive nearing the wipe, and when the release came. he was nowhere to be found even though we solid members were rushing as hard as we could to get the money to re-form the guild. i contacted all the old members from prewipe and made a list of who to invite once the guild was remade. since garrett was still waiting for his computer parts which aparently had to be shipped from another solar system cause he was already waiting weeks for it. so i decided to re-form the guild myself and make the other core members sub-leaders.

everything fine and all, we grew every day and i made walktrough videos and gave people advice on how to handle things while progressing trough the game with those who were near my level. however after a couple weeks some of these drama queens started talking shit about me on vent (which i never felt the need to join, so they were just talking around my back) that i didnt do my job as leader well. aparently next to giving advice all day i was expected to spoon feed all the newbies trough the game which i refused to do so..
    so one of these ****s demanded leadership of the guild after a while which ofcourse i refused. i felt i earned the right to lead the guild and did a decent job at it too, garrett still didnt return either, that is until before mentioned **** contacted him trough vent and this time he, mister ****, and some other people from pre-wipe demanded me to give the leadership not to garrett, no, instead they wanted me to give it to drama queen ****.(i forgot his ingame name, it was raysomething)

anyway.. short story long. everything was going fine and everyone was happy until all this bullshit started and i got tired of it. i did what i never should have done and gave up the leadership and quit the game shortly after. a month or 2 later i returned to see what became of "Pulse", and it seemed everyone had either quit the game too, or left to other guilds. even these assholes who demanded leadership from me.

anyway, that little incident ruined wizardry online for me. but it was also a valuable lesson.. to never give up anything i worked for. my second option would have been refusing to give up the lead and then the 5-7 core members threatened to leave and make a new guild and become my enemy. looking back now i think i should have went with that to teach them a lesson what happens if u mess with a pint sized thief who will sneak up to you and surround you with a massive ammount of traps made of spikes and death.

still.. i miss this:
    Last edited by Abhorsen; 11-21-2014 at 04:33 AM.

Currently Playing: WoW

>Screenshot Collection 2013-2014<

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    i love wizardry online but why would subagames pick this up on request? is there any reason for this, or are you just trying to get their interest at random?
    if its the latter then i dont think its even worth the energy trying to revive this. as long a company cant see profit in it they wont even look at it no matter how many people beg for it, and sadly the only way i can see this game become profitable for these greedy company's is by turning it completely pay to win. graphics arent its strongest side so cosmetic items wont work too well so its gonna have to be like SOE's version, paying cash for protection on dead, for upgrade stones and xp boosts and such. meanwhile newbies will keep getting ganked by the p2w elitist drama queens. and scared of which makes the game slowly die out again. the game is amazing but some of the stuff is executed so poorly that no company would probably ever pick this up again.
    Well, I mean any good publisher really should pick Wizardry back up and revive it, it was just posted as a suggestion to Subagames, and I can see from what your coming from with the P2W, but our previous NA version was way different than the JP version of Wizardry Online, and you can also sign this petition here instead.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 17

I loved the atmosphere in this game. One of the best MMO I've ever played. I'm signing for sure! Too bad I never got to be a Samurai...
    Last edited by Blade; 11-21-2014 at 04:42 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 619

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Well, I mean any good publisher really should pick Wizardry back up and revive it, it was just posted as a suggestion to Subagames, and I can see from what your coming from with the P2W, but our previous NA version was way different than the JP version of Wizardry Online, and you can also sign this petition here instead.
    signed it.

Currently Playing: WoW

>Screenshot Collection 2013-2014<

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 72

this game was really interesting hope to see it back instead of those boring asda story revivals...

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 13

i wanted to play it, but they announced it was shutting down so i never did

This game is HUGE in japan, Just needs a U.S publisher, fingers crossed someone sees this, it was never closed because of any failure or a dying community, it was closed by SOE shortly after they released 2014 promises and all the new content ideas, it was closed along with 5 other games and with absolutely no explanation for any of it, was really sad way to treat there loyal customer's, This game just needs a publisher who understands how to properly promote it , the game will do all the rest of the work, it is 1 of a kind

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

Quote Originally Posted by Kano60 View Post
    This game is HUGE in japan, Just needs a U.S publisher, fingers crossed someone sees this, it was never closed because of any failure or a dying community, it was closed by SOE shortly after they released 2014 promises and all the new content ideas, it was closed along with 5 other games and with absolutely no explanation for any of it, was really sad way to treat there loyal customer's, This game just needs a publisher who understands how to properly promote it , the game will do all the rest of the work, it is 1 of a kind
    what, no it's not, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 31

Never played it, I'd try it out if it came back.
    Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/daeoc
    Come and stop by sometime, I stream mainly JRPGs, WRPGs, Shooters, Horror, MMOs, and MOBAs. Currently, the focus is on JRPGs with a mixed bag of everything else.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast