Desperately looking for a MMORPG

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Desperately looking for a MMORPG

Hello!

I've started to look for a game in the past two weeks but couldn't find something.

Not every aspect has to be covered but most of them.

It would be awesome if you could name a game and list which of the following criterias apply to the game.

Criteria:

* Free-2-Play without heavy Pay-2-Win + MMORPG (not turn-based & no Shooter elements)
    * Auto Loot or Loot Pets in the Cash Shop (max. 15€)
    * Highly prefer PVE (no forced PVP)
    * 3D with view from above (no 2D side-scroller, no isometric graphics)
    * Client-based (no browser games)
    * Tab-target for relaxed grinding/farming (no crazy action fights)
    * Events with special drops (Halloween, New Year's Eve, Christmas, Easter...)
    * Auction House and/or player shops
    * Vanity/Fashion items in the Cash Shop (no time limit)
    * WASD-movement, no time-limited Mounts, warehouse (some games don't have that...)
    * Auto-pathing or an indicator on the map, where the quest mobs/items are
    * enough inventory space without spending money (one inventory instead of multiple bags)
    * no account/character bound items (especially for equipment/vanity)
    * no/not many cutscenes (not interested in lore)
    * obtaining skill points after quests/fights instead of level ups (like in Rappelz)
    * rare items that make grinding/farming more interesting (like Pet cards in Rappelz)

I also appreciate games which are currently in Alpha / Closed Beta or soon to be released. Thanks in advance!

Game Journalist Reputation: 421

Quote Originally Posted by kingFruut View Post
    Hello!

I've started to look for a game in the past two weeks but couldn't find something.

Not every aspect has to be covered but most of them.

It would be awesome if you could name a game and list which of the following criterias apply to the game.

Criteria:

* Free-2-Play without heavy Pay-2-Win + MMORPG (not turn-based & no Shooter elements)
    * Auto Loot or Loot Pets in the Cash Shop (max. 15€)
    * Highly prefer PVE (no forced PVP)
    * 3D with view from above (no 2D side-scroller, no isometric graphics)
    * Client-based (no browser games)
    * Tab-target for relaxed grinding/farming (no crazy action fights)
    * Events with special drops (Halloween, New Year's Eve, Christmas, Easter...)
    * Auction House and/or player shops
    * Vanity/Fashion items in the Cash Shop (no time limit)
    * WASD-movement, no time-limited Mounts, warehouse (some games don't have that...)
    * Auto-pathing or an indicator on the map, where the quest mobs/items are
    * enough inventory space without spending money (one inventory instead of multiple bags)
    * no account/character bound items (especially for equipment/vanity)
    * no/not many cutscenes (not interested in lore)
    * obtaining skill points after quests/fights instead of level ups (like in Rappelz)
    * rare items that make grinding/farming more interesting (like Pet cards in Rappelz)

I also appreciate games which are currently in Alpha / Closed Beta or soon to be released. Thanks in advance!

Dragon's Prophet would probably fit for you. It's got just about everything you want. The combat is a mix of tab-targeting and action combat. Quite fun, but doesn't require you to be completely paying attention for most fights. Also, there is no auto-pathing. The last 5 or so items on your list also don't exactly match, I think. There are dragons all over that you can capture. A lot of the people in the game play because they enjoy the monster-capture/battle aspect it provides. There's regular dragons, special boss dragons, Elder dragons, different types (flying, gliding, ground, swimming, etc...). So I guess that would fall under the last item on the list?

For inventory space, I believe you can expand it using real money. Also, you can expand your dragon storage using real money. That's honestly where most of your money will probably be going - expanding inventory and dragon slots. You don't need to get a premium service or anything (And I think it uses the SOE thing where you subscribe for $15 and get premium on all their games, if you do want to premium).

It's got an awesome housing system with lots of decorations and furniture to make use. There's also lots of seasonal content that comes out. For example, last Halloween they came out with a cash shop dragon (not that great of a dragon, but looks cool) with a halloween theme, and a pumpkin house you could get that was awesome. Plus a ton of halloween themed decorations and costumes. A lot of it came from the cash shop, but some of it came from the special Halloween dungeon, too.

There are auto-loot pets, and the game is mostly PVE with optional PVP.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Thank you! Are there only dragons in the Cash Shop?

How do you obtain the Loot Pets?

I might give the game a try.

Edit after doing some research:
    Sadly the player base seems to be quiet low.
    People call it pay-2-win.
    Last edited by kingFruut; 11-22-2014 at 02:29 PM.