Critique my new Browser Based RPG

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Default Critique my new Browser Based RPG

Hey guys! Here are some screens below: Item looting after monster kill:
    http://i.imgur.com/Nz6opVl.png

User will beable to click on each item that dropped after the monster is killed. That item will animate to their inventory. The HP Bar's will be updated per attack sequence with no page refresh. (Currently using Jquery with some Ajax). All the items are draggable to each inventory slot and the position is saved server side. (In fact, mostly everything is)

Blacksmith: http://i.imgur.com/PkH1iMc.png

This is a one man show and I'm still trying to finish things and have a lot of tweaking left to do. I'd love your opinions and any criticism at this point can only help me. I removed the name of the game as I don't really care for advertising at this point, nor want to be seen like I'm shamefully promoting myself. I'm honestly looking for some genuine replies. Appreciate it.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 72

everyone bandwagons the automated turnbased or just turnbased on browser so its really old

action rpg is where its at so I don't dig this game, also browser mmos tend to lack any customization even the cash shop doesn't have any customization its so sad that we can only hope for a client mmorpg because they're so lazy to do simple customization or make it a hack&slash. but client mmos take a lot of money to develop so we won't see much of them.

just wish for once a non-automated browser game with decent 2d graphics like Zelda or Secret Mana / Chrono trigger is released eventually.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukiri View Post
    everyone bandwagons the automated turnbased or just turnbased on browser so its really old

action rpg is where its at so I don't dig this game, also browser mmos tend to lack any customization even the cash shop doesn't have any customization its so sad that we can only hope for a client mmorpg because they're so lazy to do simple customization or make it a hack&slash. but client mmos take a lot of money to develop so we won't see much of them.

just wish for once a non-automated browser game with decent 2d graphics like Zelda or Secret Mana / Chrono trigger is released eventually.
    That's one thing I fear the most. The combat.

I would LOVE, absolutely LOVE to do some type of hack n slash system with the mouse and the mobs are moving around to make it atleast a little more action orientated, but it's still nothing. But to do that in a secure way is very tough and hard on the server as well.

Thanks for being honest, appreciate it. I do agree with you, I am trying to figure out a cool way to do combat as we speak More of a programmer than a designer, but if I get an idea or design I can program it. (if that makes sense, and well, ofcourse if it's possible and safe)

Edit: Btw, here is the video showcasing the loot explosion animation. (not really an explosion, but you get the idea).

Last edited by OTN; 11-25-2014 at 11:08 AM.

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Hey OTN! I think the game looks pretty alright, for an early stage! There still seems to be a lot of work ahead of you before the game is finished, but what you showed looks nice.

Also, I disagree with the post from Ryukiri claiming that "action rpg's is where it's at". Develop what you like and put your best ideas into it and you are bound to find people who will like it too. I personally find your screenshots pretty interesting.