Bring back one of the most fun PvP oriented side-scrollers, WindSlayer!

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Bring back one of the most fun PvP oriented side-scrollers, WindSlayer!

I really enjoyed playing Windslayer back in grammar school. Rumble Fighter, (another PvP oriented MMO) and Windslayer were my first MMOs. I love PvP games; I've had mostly PvP games on my PS2. When it broke, that meant the end of that. I then turned to the PC, which in the early years of my MMO playing; did not have a large selection of PvP oriented games (excluding Pay2Play). There was only KwonHo, (a poor mans Tekken), Rumble Fighter, Splash Fighters, and Windslayer. Out of those 4, I only found interest in 2; Rumble Fighter and Windslayer. Windslayer was amazing to because of how simple it was to pick up and play. It was hard to master, but it walked you through it when farming to level and gain more skills. It wasn't painful to farm, because one would know that all that hardwork would play off in PvP. It was so gratifying. The PvP was far from shallow. Think of Street Fighter without the lows, but mids and overheads. Canceling, combo linking, buffing; this was a pretty cool system of combat for a side scroller.For people who wanted to play in teams, Windslayer had an answer to that. If you weren't a team player in a team oriented match, you were punished for it. Working in teams was great, and fun. For an MMO in general. Windslayer is like Virtua Fighter. At it's core, Virtua Fighter was a solid game. What did Virtua Fighter not have? Shine. Pleasing aesthetics. I'm saying Windslayer was a solid game, in need of a face lift. The interface was terrible, and the combat didn't really look all that cool. It was the gameplay that kept people. Aesthetics that made the players leave. I'm forgetting STORY. There was hardly a story to the game. The story doesn't need to be all complex, but I believe there should be some basic story telling elements to the game. A fleshed out story, just really basic in how it presents it. One more thing before I state what I am trying to achieve. There was an extreme lack of PvE. The mobs were fun to catch and kill, but it was for no purpose other than to level for PvP. Maybe it should just get rid of PvE all together, and do something like lobby based combat, but something needs to be done with Windslayer. I am writing this because I would like to see Windslayer have another chance. If you all would please, support this post. Here is some gameplay of PvP in WS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKb2...vqmFNTsvjwvJ7S

PS: I know the quality is terrible, but this is the only clip I can find highlighting Windslayer's PvP.

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Quote Originally Posted by soljahh View Post
    Maybe it should just get rid of PvE all together, and do something like lobby based combat, but something needs to be done with Windslayer
    A thousand times yes.

PvE wise Windslayer was a pain in the buttocks but the PvP was without a doubt its most redeeming attribute for a 2D sidescroller. Other sidescrollers like LaTale had PvP that used to be good but then they lost it completely with class balance.

So yeah, PvP in Windslayer was actually lots of fun.

Game List Master Reputation: 165

One of the games I would definitely like to see come back. Some of the music in the game was awesome likewise the boss battles.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 12

Windslayer, that was the game that got shut down and brought back by like 5 different publishers right?

I'd certainly love to actually have been able to play it :v

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 14

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDivider View Post
    Windslayer, that was the game that got shut down and brought back by like 5 different publishers right?

I'd certainly love to actually have been able to play it :v

um no, just 2. but ws1 had the best pvp system, ws2 was a casual spam fest,
    Currently playing :Grand Fantasia(yet again...)

IGN: Neclord