Cicret Braclet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Default Cicret Braclet

"Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life.

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 327

At best this is a pipe-dream with no basis in reality - at worst it's a scam.

Here's the thing - your skin is never going to work as a touch-interface by projecting some light on to it.
    It simply isn't going to work.

These people are proposing to make compact the technology of modern cell-phones down to probably 10%(or less) of the usual size (compare the size of the bracelet with a cell-phone, seriously), and then have a screen projected on to your arm (another difficult piece of technology that requires space the bracelet doesn't provide - like where's the lens?), which is supposed to be a projection that is sensitive to touch, despite the fact that there is no physical receivers, and the only way for a device like that to react at that point would be by registering interference to the light-projections (a technology I'm not even sure works at this point, if ever), which would have to vary depending on what is on the screen at the time (which would require tons of memory and processing power, which would require more space).
    Or it would have to similar to motion capture technology (which again takes up a lot of space).
    (think the Xbox Kinect - how is the bracelet supposed to read your finger movement and "button presses" when all similar technology has issues just picking up your individual arm movement with accuracy?)

People wasting their money on this are as gullible as the suckers who invest in the "solar freakin' roadways" and "hoverboards".
    What's wrong with the world? It's like everybody just walk around with their eyes closed, heads bumping of walls, without taking in anything of the information out there that would allow you to build the mental rigor to see through bullshit like this.
    Last edited by hian; 12-14-2014 at 11:47 AM.

The Common Sense United Front
    ZAZAZAZAAAA, DADADADAAAA DAAAA, SHWAMSHWAMSHWAMMMM DUUUU DIIIII DAAAAAAAAAA

I'm not up on the science behind this I admit, but how would this be any different from a virtual keyboard, which already exist?

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 585

well this is the apple newton stage of devices of that sort. Google glass might come back in a proper way in 20 years, things like that, well they are not going to work out,but they might come back in 20ish years.

What they don't show is that using traditional tech, your fingers would produce shadows on the display and you won't be able to create proper black as a color at all.

But hey, the way it's done is sketchy as hell already.
    If everyone just sent me one dollar, I'd not offer any binding promisses too, lol.

@hian:
    I assume it's just a proxy device and only works as a "smart screen" for the phone, that you still need hooked up to it.
    Last edited by Ronin; 12-14-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Stay frosty.

Nick is a wanker. Reputation: 605

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    I'm not up on the science behind this I admit, but how would this be any different from a virtual keyboard, which already exist?
    Virtual keyboards need a flat and clean surface. Your arm is neither flat or clean.
    Anything that can distort the projection on your skin will cause it to respond poorly or even cause it to react without you doing anything.

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwPrincess View Post
    Virtual keyboards need a flat and clean surface. Your arm is neither flat or clean.
    Anything that can distort the projection on your skin will cause it to respond poorly or even cause it to react without you doing anything.
    So apart from there being possible to likely interference due to uneven/unsmooth skin and hair, it's not a totally impossible idea though right? As far as image goes, couldn't they use the same kind of projector technology they used in the Samsung Beam phones? Granted I assume the light would have to be super bright but possible, correct?
    Last edited by Kashis; 12-14-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 327

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwPrincess View Post
    This. Also the fact that virtual keyboards are used together with other devices like computers or tablets. They don't serve a purpose in a vacuum, and the unit that projects the keyboard itself, while being small, is still considerably largely than the bracelet in question.
    The bracelet, if it's supposed to be a standalone device like a smart-phone, would have to have a processor, a hard-drive etc, including the actual projection device. There is no way it would look like the thing on that site.

Even if it looked like a rather large wrist-watch, I'd still be skeptical - but given the current design it's most likely a sham.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    @hian:
    I assume it's just a proxy device and only works as a "smart screen" for the phone, that you still need hooked up to it.
    I got the impression it was suppose to be its own stand-alone device. If it's just an extension, like an external keyboard/screen for other devices, I don't really see the point. So you leave your smartphone/tablet and home and wear the bracelet instead? What's the range? Are they thinking blue-tooth, or internet connection? Both of those solutions would probably require more space to implement than the bracelet can offer.

In either case, I don't think that point came across very clearly on the site, and the design of the bracelet simply isn't compatible with current technology regardless of what their going for, so I'm calling BS on this.

The Common Sense United Front
    ZAZAZAZAAAA, DADADADAAAA DAAAA, SHWAMSHWAMSHWAMMMM DUUUU DIIIII DAAAAAAAAAA

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

The Undead Reputation: 470

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast