Looking for feedback on the racing game that I'm developing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Looking for feedback on the racing game that I'm developing

Hello everyone!

First let me introduce me since this is my first post at ONRPG Forums:

My name is Javier, I'm a guy from Spain who's always loved and played games since the 80's. I worked as a QA tester at EA for two years, and finally joined an indie videogame studio. We're 11 people team currently working on our first game.

The thing is that we really care about our first game and want to make it as good as we can. Since we're an indie studio and also got tired of how big studios care more about hyping their titles, rather than hearing to gamers, we've decided to do right the opposite thing.

We are very interested in hearing people opinion on our game, suggestions, ideas....everything! and take them into account while we develop the game. We're showing our game at an early stage, no tricks! even though we're aware that some people would say that it sucks, cause unfinished games usually looks like crap. We don't care, we think that's the price we gotta pay if we really want to hear gamers opinion from the start.

Besides, most gamers here at OnRpg are used to playing free to play online games, and that makes your opinion very valueable!

Don't hesitate to ask anything you feel like, I promise to answer everybody. We are also open to hear any idea, doesn't mind how crazy it might sound. In exchange, we can offer closed-beta access to people interested, just let me know if that's your case.

So, regarding our game:

Our game is called Formula Wincars, it mixes two close genres: Arcade racers and Karting games. We also implemented lots of online gaming features, specifically inspired by those from MOBA games. That means that strategy and tactics will be important too.

It will be available for PC.

We are really excited about our co-op mode TEAMS MODE It's gotta be a cornerstone of the game. 4 vs 4 players teamed up into two different teams, where players will be able to share driver's special skills and where the choice of a common strategy between thousands of possibilities will be a must! These are MOBA games features implemented in the racing genre. The strategy and tactics will be the key.

Our latest trailer so far:

But I must say that in fact it's pretty old and the game looks much better now, it's just that we don't have enough time to make another trailer without stopping the developing of the game. And the game is the priority now. Our closed beta relases within two months approximately so we're working hardly to fulfil that deadline. (not sure if we will be able to do it or finally delay it a little bit)

Our game is intended to be totally oriented to online competition with some features like up to 4000 players tournaments. These tournaments will have real life prizes to winnners, and virtual goodies like car skins to every participant.

We're also running a development blog at our site where we make updates on a weekly basis and try to share everything we learnd and how we solve the problems we encounter www.formulawincars.com

This is our latest promo picture (I'm not allowed to link more images since I'm a new user )

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 15

To be honest its hard to say an opinion if people dont know how the game looks.
    As you mentioned yourself that the video is old and game looks much better now?!
    Well that doesnt matter if you want people say opinion about how game looked back then when the video was made. :P

Il be honest, it doesnt look like anything special. Looks like many kart racers out there.(I suggest you guys make new video so we can see what it looks like now.)
    Also steering looked kinda sensitive. I personally as player would like to have an option to adjust the sensitivity.
    Starting at 1:51 in video maps look kinda nice

PS: Welcome to OnRPG.com!
    PS2:
    Level/rank system?
    Tuning available?
    Buying cars available?
    Story mode or just pvp mode?
    Last edited by desterten; 01-09-2015 at 03:12 PM.

www.swagbucks.com/refer/Rieksts
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Can win some good stuff, dont have to use my link thought.

Hello desterten,

Quote Originally Posted by desterten View Post
    To be honest its hard to say an opinion if people dont know how the game looks.
    As you mentioned yourself that the video is old and game looks much better now?!
    Well that doesnt matter if you want people say opinion about how game looked back then when the video was made. :P
    Yes I know, you're right here. We wish we had more time to do a new video showing the progress we've made, but we're at one point when we had to choose between doing promo stuff or keep on developing the game. We'll have a new video soon!

Il be honest, it doesnt look like anything special. Looks like many kart racers out there.(I suggest you guys make new video so we can see what it looks like now.)
    Also steering looked kinda sensitive. I personally as player would like to have an option to adjust the sensitivity.
    Starting at 1:51 in video maps look kinda nice
    You won't have exactly a way of adjusting the sensitivity, instead the car models will have way too different driving settings, which also will be altered depending on which driver you choose in each race. This is the way the player will have to find the combination he prefers, and try to master it. In fact, you'll need to master different combinations for each circuit
    PS: Welcome to OnRPG.com!
    Thanks!!

PS2:
    Level/rank system?
    Tuning available?
    Buying cars available?
    Level/rank system?

Sure. It will affect the match making and our bet is to put a lot of competitive feeling into the game

Tuning available?

Yes indeed. Lots of different skins, and also stickers and custom license plates.

An example of the skins: (there will be many more!)

Buying cars available?

Yes. Two ways of unlocking cars: Progress or money.

At first pvp mode. But we've crafted a story and every driver has his/her own plot lines. Our intention is to implement unlockable pieces of the story as the player progresses through the game. We also consider taking into account our community suggestions to develop the story all together.

Thanks a lot for your comment!

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 15

Looking forward to next video.
    Car skins looks nice.
    Necessity to master different driving styles? I like that.
    Most likely i will try this game.
    Mostly playing low spec games. My pc isnt too good so this game lists in games that im able to play. Deffinetly will try it, just make sure you always post updates here so i and other people willing to try it can see and follow updates
    What i see at video is, you are able to hit other player? If so then that really cool.

www.swagbucks.com/refer/Rieksts
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Can win some good stuff, dont have to use my link thought.

Rock Man Reputation: 57

Judging from the video,it looks very good.Will you pitch the game to Steam Greenlight?

Game List Master Reputation: 175

We need more online racing games in my view looking good so far.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 71

I suggest you should of followed this line of path
    what is on the front of the Dead Kennedys Frankenchrist

would make a much better game..

Answers!

desterten

Hello desterten,

Looking forward to next video.
    Car skins looks nice.
    Necessity to master different driving styles? I like that.
    Most likely i will try this game.
    Mostly playing low spec games. My pc isnt too good so this game lists in games that im able to play. Deffinetly will try it, just make sure you always post updates here so i and other people willing to try it can see and follow updates
    What i see at video is, you are able to hit other player? If so then that really cool.
    We're currently working on the specs. Our intention is to have the minimum system requirements as low as possible, but I must admit that we're having some problems trying to achieve this.

At the moment, we've got this specs defined, but please take into account that they're not final:

Minimum System Requirements:

CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 5600+ or Intel Core 2 Duo or better
    RAM: 4 GB RAM
    VGA: Radeon HD 3850 or GeForce 8800 GT or better
    DX: 9.0c

Recommended System Requirements:

CPU: AMD AFX-4300 or Intel i3 or better
    RAM: 8 GB RAM
    VGA: Radeon R7 240 or GeForce 540 or better
    DX: 9.0c

Regarding hitting other Racers....Yes!

All racers will share a common skill named Stomp, which will allow to hit the floor at any moment affecting every player around you. We're also working on actual hits like the one shown in the trailer (we've got the animations done) but haven't finished yet its programming side, so yes, you will also able to directly hit other players, but it will surely will be implemented wth our first major update.

GForce97

Quote Originally Posted by Gforce97 View Post
    Judging from the video,it looks very good.Will you pitch the game to Steam Greenlight?
    Hi GForce97,

Well, our plan is to consider doing it after releasing the game by ourselves. We'd really like to be in Steam, but it's a lot of work (implementing their system, doing a Greenlight campaign, etc....) and our priority now is launching the game and fix all bugs that surely will appear.

chaoscauser

Quote Originally Posted by chaoscauser View Post
    We need more online racing games in my view looking good so far.
    Thanks a lot for your comment chaoscauser, we'll keep you updated on our progress!

Darklight

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLight View Post
    I suggest you should of followed this line of path
    what is on the front of the Dead Kennedys Frankenchrist
    would make a much better game..
    Hello Darklight,

Lol, I didn't noticed this. In fact, I'm a Dead Kennedys fan, I've always like Hardcore Punk and both DK and Jello Biafra solo stuff! This LP contains the Giger banned poster!

I'm not sure if you didn't like our game at all, or if you just wanted to point out this funny resemblance.

Anyway, thanks for your comment!
    Last edited by DragonJam; 01-12-2015 at 11:24 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 207

More jumps imo
    ... That moment when you Google "labor camp".

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    More jumps imo
    Mmmmmm, maybe you're right. We didn't want to look too similar to other karting games where huge jumps constantly appear your way.

We'll take it into account if more players share your opinion. Thanks a lot for your comment!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast