I'm on the lookout for an immersive MMO. You know, the opposite of the korean-WoW-like drudgery.
There are plenty of these, however, most have some sort of fatal problem.
My criteria are essentially:
- Regularly have 400+ concurrent players
- No serious botting/hacking/multiboxing issues
- Can be played enjoyably in a couple of hours as well
- "Has hotbar" shouldn't describe the entire game.
Some games I've checked out but failed are:
- Face of Mankind No players
- Runescape Absurd amount of botters, incredibly intrusive cashshop, bit cheesy
- Ultima Online No players
- Mortal Online No players
- Entropia Universe No players, time sink
- Minecraft Few players (per server), little immersion, bit cheesy
- EVE Online Very little immersion, time sink
You get the idea. I'm just curious if there are any multiplayer games that live up to these criteria.