Thread: any highly populated mmo- mmorpgs?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default any highly populated mmo- mmorpgs?

Im looking for a highly populated mmo ,preferably a mmorpg with a fantasy theme (warriors and wizards...nothing high-tech or futuristic) A good f2p FPS shooter would be also nice...tho its really hard to find one without hackers of some sort...or a $shop that pretty much makes you useless as a f2p player, or makes you stuck at lvl-rank 4 out of 10 for half a year...

The reason why im asking for a high populated one is cause i wish to find some buddies and actually play with other people together instead of soloing the entire leveling content with players running around and doing the same, and then repeating dungeons over and over again in end game where nobody talks with anyone...

Currently from the games i have :

-Guild wars (for nostalgic purposes)

-Guild wars 2 (currently just hopping in once per day for 20minutes...)

-Path of exile (had tons of fun with it...but im looking for a mmo that i can play with other players around me instead of a single player game with a global chat...)

-Tera EU (haven't played it yet... im trying to download and install it for 3 days now....checks my patch,installs manifesto whatever ,gets stuck ,turns off and starts all over again....)

-Neverwinter (great game, loved it....but it felt like PoE. I soloed the entire thing but the only real interaction with other players was global and zone chat.....nobody interacted with each other in dungeons and skirmishes cause everyone wanted to get it over asap...also to beef up their points on the dungeon score boards...

-Minecraft (something i find my self playing offline for 6 hours straight....and then again in a month or two....

Other games i played/used to play (ages ago):

Requiem, La Tale, Runes of Magic, Aion, Dekaron, S4 League, Operation 7, League of Legends, Jade dynasty, Perfect world, Grand Fantasia, Eden Eternal, 12 Sky 2, Maplestory, Combat Arms, Lord of the Rings Online...and a ton of others

The biggest reason why i stopped playing those games is that the player population has gone unbearably low. Dont get me wrong...i am still able to solo most of the content, and joining a guild or using a LFG tool still helps with dungeons.... its just that most of the time i get the feeling im playing a Single player game...with a few other people running around me that also play a single player game...

Other reasons for quitting/not playing those games would be:
    -Cash shop offers ridiculous OP stuff
    -Some of the core game systems have been made to work with the cash shop it self (removing HP/Mana regen completely from the game, and adding health/mana flasks from the cash shop that have a capacity of 100 000 hp/mp that refills your hp/mana by 1000 each time you are missing 1000 hp/mana....)
    -Hackers, boters and nobody doing anything about them
    -progression (leveling, gearing up, or at least being able to defend your self in a pvp situation) has been horribly tuned down as a f2p
    -The entire game has been turned in a Freemium game....its either grinding the same boring low lvl content for months...or pay a few $ to unlock 1 part of the game..and then pay to unlock another part of the game....and then another one.....or just keep paying a monthly sub and have everything unlocked..till your sub expires.

So, any suggestions? Tbh...i was looking forward trying out Tera....but i cant seem to make it install....

Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 143

just play FFXIV

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

any particular reasons why FFXIV?