Thread: Massively team go Crowdfunding for Independence!

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 102

Cool Massively team go Crowdfunding for Independence!

First note:
    I am not being told to do this.
    This thread is purely information as its what I like to do.

So, As you know Aol axed massively.com, ( A gaming media news & information site )
    Its the old scenario, over paid executives given high bonus's for killing sprees of real workers.
    This practice has gone on for century's not even a stock market crash can curb this practice.
    Rich companies get richer by filling executive pockets who leave real workers in the street!
    But, some axed Underdog's rise!

The team at Massively.com went onward by not losing their big fan base changing their name to a Massively Overpowered one, Creating an Independence by launching a crowd fund campaign.

Ouch!, now you know I hate crowd funded games.
    I feel an exception though, its more important to help these guys/gals who are the grit & teeth of game reviewing.
    Just as Onrpg.com is. We need these people back doing great gaming things, In the process they become Independent, the icing on the cake.
    The pleasure for them I think once its all achieved is, A .... Up yours AOL!

In One day they got 25k! half their money!

Updated..
    So far
    backers
    $46,904
    pledged of $50,000 goal
    days to go

Here's some Web links:
    Massively Overpowered Website

Massively Overpowered Twitter page

Massively Overpowered Twitch

Lastly, their old site for your reference if you don't know them. <----
    Last edited by DarkLight; 02-08-2015 at 02:45 AM.

Updated thread,
    They are storming ahead which is cool to see, as usual though, now, crawls in the Dreaded
    stretch goals!!

Yeah I know once these pop into the equation its gets a bit iffy..
    but if this is their one and only "stretch goal"
    I'm ok with it.
    If they go on and on, I think they become hypocrites, as they themselves do no like kickstarter just like I don't
    but because this seems warranted & really this is made for this market. I'm ok for now.

Anyhow here's their Stretch Goal.
    75K STRETCH GOAL: CONVENTION COVERAGE
    We'll have travel budget to send writers to several major cons in 2015, including PAX East, PAX Prime, BlizzCon, and E3 (assuming E3 will recognize us as press again by then). Those of you who followed us at our old site know we took cons seriously and delivered our coverage to you quickly. We'd like to ensure we can do it again.
    If they ask for more Stretch Goals. they really are begging like all the others,
    but if they stay at that last Stretch Goal. I will give them pass and move on as they should.

P.s.
    After some thought I have to say this..
    Honestly why do people today always want more more more, just a greedy society, not happy with one present around the tree the process of humans is I also want his and her one too! + that one as well.
    It's friggin sad..n..sucks to see this sort of thing happen to the human race,
    Its why I don't like Kickstarter and at times I wish I never gave to help greedy people if they were to go overboard like 99% do.
    Last edited by DarkLight; 02-08-2015 at 03:13 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 257

Eliminate the competition! OnRPG must rise to dominance!

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    Eliminate the competition! OnRPG must rise to dominance!
    lol yeah
    I believe in here far more than over there.
    I never thought they'd become money parasites I really thought they'd be satisfied with a amount that they set.
    So I totally agree with you ONRPG is the place to be.
    Although those guys have done a lot of work in gaming research I fell for it and one thing had passed me.... GREED!
    It seems its the decease of today.
    I'm glad I never got to give them any money as I only use PayPal. which thank god they never catered for.
    So far this year I have not donated to anyone and this thread just proves a point, I was going to give for this, but, even the people you think you can trust are just the same as all the other beggars out there.

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 30

It will definitely be interesting to see how this plays out. I won't accuse them of greed because running a large-scale videogame website with a paid staff and sending writers to game cons isn't cheap, I mean just sending 1 writer to a game con, putting them in a hotel, food expenses, paying them, all that can quickly add up to thousands.

Its like how people wonder why more fighters from Asia don't compete in the UFC, but don't realize that if they get paid $20,000 for 1 fight, probably 70% of that is going towards travel budget, paying their training camp, etc. Weird comparison but yeah.

Currently Playing: Achaea