Chaos Heroes Online closing

Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 57

Default Chaos Heroes Online closing

As I expected,early closure:
    Dear players,

As most of you probably already guessed from the long silence on our side, this will be our last message about Chaos Heroes Online. Everything must come to an end, and for some the end is closer than we would have liked. Chaos Heroes Online will close on the last week of February. For those of you out there that are still having fun on the game, we're sincerely sorry that we could not support the game any longer and hope you will keep some good memories of your time shared with other players.

All AP spent on the game will be fully refunded to your account and can be used on any of our other games. We hope to see you again among our community, and remember that the community will be there for you on our forums if you wish to talk about Chaos Heroes some more.

Best,
    Myzzrym

Sigh... Alright so that was for the official message. On a personal note, I'm really sorry I couldn't do more for the game. From the early beginning to the very end, Chaos Heroes just never reached enough players to be sustainable. Even Steam couldn't help us make it. The game was also too hard for most people, so most of the new players would just leave after a day.

As for why this announcement was delayed so much, let's just say there were some legal implications that prevented me from disclosing any information earlier. It sucks big time, I would have like to give you guys the info earlier, but that's just the way it is.

If you have any questions or wish to discuss any further about Chaos Heroes, feel free to shoot me a PM on the Aeria forums.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/290830...8195167023046/
    Last edited by Gforce97; 02-17-2015 at 07:16 AM.

Game List Master Reputation: 175

Not surprised it is Aeria Games after all they probably close more games than any company

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 27

There's a Brazilian server if anyone cares.
    http://chaos.ongame.com.br/

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235

"The game was also too hard for most people, so most of the new players would just leave after a day."

Jesus, that's their excuse for clunky as shit controls, poor optimization, and just downright awful ping problems all around the board? Aeria really has been getting shittier and shittier over the years, only wished I had noticed before I had invested all that time in the past into DWO, now if only a good publisher would get their hands on that.
    THE DREAM IS DEAD
    2008-2015

Forum PvPer Reputation: 386

Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    "The game was also too hard for most people, so most of the new players would just leave after a day."

Jesus, that's their excuse for clunky as shit controls, poor optimization, and just downright awful ping problems all around the board? Aeria really has been getting shittier and shittier over the years, only wished I had noticed before I had invested all that time in the past into DWO, now if only a good publisher would get their hands on that.
    DWO in the west is dead.
    flourishing in japan though.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235

Quote Originally Posted by Whirwulf View Post
    DWO in the west is dead.
    flourishing in japan though.
    It died in the west due to AG own faults and own stupidity when it came to talking to Koei about handling updates and bug fixes. Instead of responding to the devs by asking for more frequent updates and more stable updates, they screamed and hollered demanding more of both and ended up getting shit on because of it. It's the same reason GunZ didn't even last a year under them.
    Last edited by Jermatoo; 02-17-2015 at 04:55 PM.
    THE DREAM IS DEAD
    2008-2015

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 207

Quote Originally Posted by chaoscauser View Post
    Not surprised it is Aeria Games after all
    Ninja'd. I think GamesCampus may possibly close more though.
    ... That moment when you Google "labor camp".

General Manager Reputation: 358

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    Ninja'd. I think GamesCampus may possibly close more though.
    Bingo. Though worth noting that Aeria has become much more financially cautious since being bought out by the Germans.
    I’d rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Innovation is now having games play themselves? I don't want to live on this planet anymore. - Blackomen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research