View Poll Results: God is dead

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe in God (Theist)

    3 18.75%
  • I don't believe in God (Atheist)

    4 25.00%
  • My position is that I don't know (Agnostic)

    7 43.75%
  • THE GREATEST TRICK THE DEVIL EVER PLAYED IS FOOLING THE WORLD INTO THINKING GOD EXISTS

    2 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: [Serious Debate] Does God Real?

  1. #1
    TOTALFVCKBOY Reputation: 762
    Xenonight2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    www.onrpg.com
    Posts
    14,239
    Rep Power
    33

    Default [Serious Debate] Does God Real?

    I haven't banned anyone in a while and this is a great place to trick some of you fvckers into losing so your cool so you break the ruels BAHAHAH

    I mean seriously let's be respectful of our diverse views on this sensitive subject. No matter how dumb or ill-formed people's reasons are for being an atheist or christian or w/e they are still valid and should be treated with sensitivty and respek.

  2. #2
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 435
    nick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,588
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    i thought this said does god read.

    imma say no because he's supposed to know what everyone is thinking all the time and has like perfect memory right. why would he need to read, i bet he never actually learned how because he didn't need to
    i hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS

    [center][url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdlJ_szMK5I"]

  3. #3
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    the 4th option wouldnt be an option unless god existed, since satan is gods brother, just how cain is abels brother.
    satan was cast down from haven, stripped of his wings because he was pretty perverted according to god, but in reality it was just god being a bvtch because he has a very real superiority complex.

    lucifer was supposed to be the god we all have come to know, but god was jealous and talked bullshit about him to dad so uh yeah

  4. #4
    TOTALFVCKBOY Reputation: 762
    Xenonight2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    www.onrpg.com
    Posts
    14,239
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Potato View Post
    the 4th option wouldnt be an option unless god existed, since satan is gods brother, just how cain is abels brother.
    satan was cast down from haven, stripped of his wings because he was pretty perverted according to god, but in reality it was just god being a bvtch because he has a very real superiority complex.

    lucifer was supposed to be the god we all have come to know, but god was jealous and talked bullshit about him to dad so uh yeah
    the fvck bible do you read, man

  5. #5
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 629

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    [REDACTED]
    Posts
    6,129
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I don't believe the gods we know about are real. Maybe nothing is real. Maybe you're all just a figment of my imagination.

    When I think about something creating us and the universe and w/e, it makes my brains hurt because then I start thinking well what made that thing that made us and what made the thing that made the thing and so on...

    I'll let cleverer people think about that stuff. Maybe when they figure it out I'll be able to like it on facebook or something.

  6. #6
    TOTALFVCKBOY Reputation: 762
    Xenonight2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    www.onrpg.com
    Posts
    14,239
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z0MBiE View Post
    I don't believe the gods we know about are real. Maybe nothing is real. Maybe you're all just a figment of my imagination.

    When I think about something creating us and the universe and w/e, it makes my brains hurt because then I start thinking well what made that thing that made us and what made the thing that made the thing and so on...

    I'll let cleverer people think about that stuff. Maybe when they figure it out I'll be able to like it on facebook or something.
    I mean, I think the whole idea is that there is an infinite being. Always has been, always will.

    To me, in the absence of god, then the universe would also have to be eternal for the same reason; to evade that question of what is the "first mover" that is the first thing to set everything into motion.

    in which case, either one being eternal doesn't edge the "god did it" camp in front of the "just natural world" camp or vice versa.

  7. #7
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 629

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    [REDACTED]
    Posts
    6,129
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    To me the idea of something not having a beginning or end just goes against everything we see around us.

    I honestly think nobody will ever know for sure, and this thread would still be a viable debate in a million years.

  8. #8
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z0MBiE View Post
    To me the idea of something not having a beginning or end just goes against everything we see around us.

    I honestly think nobody will ever know for sure, and this thread would still be a viable debate in a million years.
    onrpg is the beginning and the end

  9. #9
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 829
    Abhorsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    14,954
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    i dont know, nobody knows..
    im pretty sure he doesnt give a shit whether we do or do not believe in him/her/it though. he may even prefer us to not believe in him at all if you see that religion has only caused wars and hatred for eachother in the past thousands of years. if he has a conscious i'm sure he has better things to do than caring for us tiny little ants on this dot in the galaxy. like, perhaps crafting less flawed lifeforms :P
    Last edited by Abhorsen; 03-23-2015 at 04:39 PM.

  10. #10
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    i dont know, nobody knows..
    im pretty sure he doesnt give a shit whether we do or do not believe in him/her/it though. he may even prefer us to not believe in him at all if you see that religion has only caused wars and hatred for eachother in the past thousands of years. if he has a conscious i'm sure he has better things to do than caring for us tiny little ants on this dot in the galaxy. like, perhaps crafting less flawed lifeforms :P
    last i heard god actually left earth because we were all kinds of fvcked up so i dunno
    we were just an experiment with free will and he didnt like the outcome so he up n left

  11. #11
    Banned Reputation: 302

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rainbow
    Posts
    1,073
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    No .

  12. #12
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 829
    Abhorsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    14,954
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Potato View Post
    last i heard god actually left earth because we were all kinds of fvcked up so i dunno
    we were just an experiment with free will and he didnt like the outcome so he up n left
    yeah i can see him beeing that crazy scientist that puts together all kinds of random dna/organs till hes satisfied and be like 'ok that was fun, next planet!'

  13. #13
    Pipster's Punk Reputation: 83
    M1nGs3N4yuk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    2,489
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Have any of you seen that one evolution vs creationism Futurama Episode? Season 6, Episode 9: A Clockwork Origin.

  14. #14
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 317
    Bad Hamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hamsterville
    Posts
    13,717
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Silly xenonight. I only need to post non-serious stuff you'd take serious and see more than there is and you'll infract me

  15. #15
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 366
    hian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    JAAAPAAAAAN
    Posts
    2,966
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Agnosticism deals with whether you think something is knowable or not, not whether you're impartial about god's existence or not.
    An agnostic is a person who believes the(or a) question cannot be answered. Just saying.

    Also, a reminder to the thread in general, if you're one of those people who don't go around actively believing god is there, how are you in any way different from an atheist?
    Saying you don't know whether god exists is irrelevant, because neither does anyone else, theists and atheists included.
    You can hold that you know or don't know whether god exists, and still believe one way or the other wholly apart from that.

    That being said - I am atheist and anti-theist (holding the position that we can know whether deities exist or not, and that they don't, and that we're better off not believing in stuff that isn't real), and a gnostic one at that, when it comes it to every single religious deity I have ever heard of.
    Still, I'm open to the possibility that there might be conceptions of deities that I haven't heard or thought of, which might be logically consistent, applicable to some sort of real-life being, and that such a being might exist.
    The Common Sense United Front
    ZAZAZAZAAAA, DADADADAAAA DAAAA, SHWAMSHWAMSHWAMMMM DUUUU DIIIII DAAAAAAAAAA

  16. #16
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hian View Post
    Agnosticism deals with whether you think something is knowable or not, not whether you're impartial about god's existence or not.
    An agnostic is a person who believes the(or a) question cannot be answered. Just saying.

    Also, a reminder to the thread in general, if you're one of those people who don't go around actively believing god is there, how are you in any way different from an atheist?
    Saying you don't know whether god exists is irrelevant, because neither does anyone else, theists and atheists included.
    You can hold that you know or don't know whether god exists, and still believe one way or the other wholly apart from that.

    That being said - I am atheist and anti-theist (holding the position that we can know whether deities exist or not, and that they don't, and that we're better off not believing in stuff that isn't real), and a gnostic one at that, when it comes it to every single religious deity I have ever heard of.
    Still, I'm open to the possibility that there might be conceptions of deities that I haven't heard or thought of, which might be logically consistent, applicable to some sort of real-life being, and that such a being might exist.
    is this yr god


  17. #17
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 640
    Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hitman Victor
    Posts
    6,309
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    I want to add a thought, as a number of peeps picked the agnostic option:

    Saying you are places you in that sort of limbo that comes from the idea of proving absolutely anything, no matter how seemingly "obvious".
    For example, agnosticism means that just like being unable to prove that god exists (in w/e form), a person is unable to, by the same rules of evidence, prove that an agnostic individual exists.

    Even by agnostic "logic", you can discard agnosticism as nonsense.
    Last edited by Ronin; 03-24-2015 at 02:58 AM.

    Stay frosty.

  18. #18
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 435
    nick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,588
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    but ronin, i'm rly stupid. im not gonna trust my own judgment on whether god exists or not.

    as for whether i exist or not, i eat pizza, therefore i am :]
    Last edited by nick; 03-24-2015 at 03:03 AM.
    i hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS

    [center][url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdlJ_szMK5I"]

  19. #19
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 629

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    [REDACTED]
    Posts
    6,129
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Kind of related, I was just reading an article on Stephen Hawking's views on the existence of a God.

    http://blogs.christianpost.com/confi...nst-god-23109/

    Some of the comments make me cry.

    Steven Hawkings is ungrateful as ever. There are kids who don't even recognize that they exist. they are mentally ill & wheelchair bound...yet they are more happy. He should thank God he is beating this disease and there's a reason for it. God is patiently waiting for him to repent.
    Which got me thinking, A lot of very powerful people are Christians and Jews and w/e other book they like, if someone did disprove the existence of god how do you think they'd react? Would they let this get out and change their ways? Would they try to cover it up? I can imagine a lot of people would just be plain unwilling to believe that god didn't exist after revolving their entire life around trying to get on his good side. So would nothing change?
    Last edited by Z0MBiE; 03-24-2015 at 08:07 AM.

  20. #20
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 640
    Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hitman Victor
    Posts
    6,309
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    A paradigm shift generally leads to a confrontation. The status quo normally reacts agressively and lashes out against innovators. A part of this might be, that people have in considerable numbers become dependent on it for their sustenance. More importantly people attach themself irrationaly to ideas.

    The bible is proven to contain about 90% fabrication. Speak that out publicly and it's numerous believers will at best shun you and try to character assasinate you. The consequences you face go all the way to people trying to get you lynched or attempting murder.

    That's how people react to any percieved active opposition. (People who are passive might just fly under the radar.)
    It's irrelevant to the process, who is right. Ideas do, contrary to popular believe, not change by convincing. They either win, by extermination of the counter-idea, or by attriton, i.e. runnimg out of new converts.

    Humans are acting like pack animals. The cost of switching sides will amount to loosing all social capital. It happens very rarely. People rather submit to their environment.
    Last edited by Ronin; 03-24-2015 at 10:34 AM.

  21. #21
    Banned Reputation: 302

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rainbow
    Posts
    1,073
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z0MBiE View Post
    Kind of related, I was just reading an article on Stephen Hawking's views on the existence of a God.

    http://blogs.christianpost.com/confi...nst-god-23109/

    Some of the comments make me cry.
    Christians are funny.

  22. #22
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 629

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    [REDACTED]
    Posts
    6,129
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    If he's so intelligent why hasn't he found a cure for his own illness. He's the poster child for what God calls a fool
    yeah, fix yrself if yr so clever, stupid hawking


  23. #23
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 366
    hian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    JAAAPAAAAAN
    Posts
    2,966
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I want to add a thought, as a number of peeps picked the agnostic option:

    Saying you are places you in that sort of limbo that comes from the idea of proving absolutely anything, no matter how seemingly "obvious".
    For example, agnosticism means that just like being unable to prove that god exists (in w/e form), a person is unable to, by the same rules of evidence, prove that an agnostic individual exists.

    Even by agnostic "logic", you can discard agnosticism as nonsense.
    The best way to illustrate agnosticism as a poorly thought-out concept is the following way -
    Either agnosticism means you think you cannot know the answer to claim X due to practical constraints, or due to meta-physical constraints.
    If it's practical, you should also label yourself agnostic on every other single thing you don't know for certain.
    If it's meta-physical, then how do you qualify the difference between an answerable question and an unanswerable question? Furthermore, how do you distinguish between a question not being answerable, and simply being a bad question?

    Simply put, we have no reason to assume there is such a thing as meta-physically unknowable phenomenon - and we have every reason to believe that any phenomenon that is supposed to exist, can be investigated and established as true or not.
    If you can't know whether god is real or not, then that simply speaks to the increased chance that he/she/it is, in fact, not real.
    The Common Sense United Front
    ZAZAZAZAAAA, DADADADAAAA DAAAA, SHWAMSHWAMSHWAMMMM DUUUU DIIIII DAAAAAAAAAA

  24. #24
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    8,029
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hian View Post
    The best way to illustrate agnosticism as a poorly thought-out concept is the following way -
    Either agnosticism means you think you cannot know the answer to claim X due to practical constraints, or due to meta-physical constraints.
    If it's practical, you should also label yourself agnostic on every other single thing you don't know for certain.
    If it's meta-physical, then how do you qualify the difference between an answerable question and an unanswerable question? Furthermore, how do you distinguish between a question not being answerable, and simply being a bad question?

    Simply put, we have no reason to assume there is such a thing as meta-physically unknowable phenomenon - and we have every reason to believe that any phenomenon that is supposed to exist, can be investigated and established as true or not.
    If you can't know whether god is real or not, then that simply speaks to the increased chance that he/she/it is, in fact, not real.
    Let me ask this: is it wrong to think that god or gods may exist, but man has no clue as to how exactly? I dont believe in the bible or religions for that matter, but that doesnt mean that they are entirely wrong (even though a lot of it is). Can I outright say god does not exist if the only evidence is flawed to begin with? I dont think having the wrong information or lack thereof, is enough to say that.
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

  25. #25
    Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 76
    imtired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Under the whispering tree.
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    I believe there is a God but as a human i still do not understand him 100 percent. I have a lot of questions and while i follow him in my life i still walk my own path. I don't really consider me part of any religion as i follow God my own way.

    But i do believe there is life after death either it is physical or state of mind i know not.

    I still am seeking answers to what life is and what is right and wrong.

    My self i follow one God and one savior but im not like others who want to shove there beliefs down peoples throats. I judge no one of there faith. If you follow another beliefs its find with me as well all walk a path in life. Seeking answers to our questions.

    I do believe there may be a evil figure some call Satan some call him other names. he may very well be real. I do think so but again another question we have to think about.

    But i believe there is a God i just have not fully understand him yet. only thing i know is he promises me a good after life so i will follow him to be on the safe side. And plus having something to believe in helps me in my mind.
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Rest in peace mum we shall meet again one day. For now i know that you are watching me.

    Be caring and show care to each other. To love an enemy will one day touch his heart.
    The shadowy figures still watch me. Mock me and torment me. With there blank stares i wonder who they are. And what they want with me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •