Dismal Destined: The Hunt For The Epitoria

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Default Dismal Destined: The Hunt For The Epitoria

(( OOC: This is my coming back RP; To show all of you how I do things, what I expect in an RP. The quality I expect, and the fun I intend to have with it. If after reading you find yourself wanting more, or wanting to get in on the story. PM me with your intro post, no character sheet just written description. Write as if you were writing a book. Once more PM ME IF YOU WANT TO JOIN. I'll explain more after the intro which I will now give to you... ))

Sails Set For Uncertainty...
    A soft chilling wind pushed the sails of a small humble ship that drifted slowly in the Grette sea. Standing rigid at the bow of the vessel stood a tall figure. Most of his body was hidden by a jet black cloak which fluttered lightly with the wind as did his shoulder length show white hair. He stared out into the sea; his vibrant amber eyes seemed to hold a firy hue within them as the suns brilliant golden rays shown down upon the beings tanned skin.

(( Boat Image: http://axelnelson.com/skepp/nao.jpg ))

He sailed North though he was unsure of where exactly he was going he knew any place was better than his homeland at the moment. He raised a hand up towards his face and stroked his pointed ears for a moment, and then let it drop back down to his side. The ears made it quite obvious that the man was an elf, and thus whenever he was in crowded areas he would always wear his hood up to escape scrutinization and racism against his kind.

Upon a glance, and judging only by the beings physical features he looked to be a young man around the age of twenty two. He was tall in height, and of a toned muscular build, his mere presence emitted a strong, youthful, wise auram. Their was certainly much more to this being than met the eye, but he kept it all well protected in the confines of his mind.

A sudden rumbling noise snapped the being out of his meditative like state. Quickly he whipped his body around and drew his long sword that had been concealed beneath his cloak strapped around his waist. The crimson blade that obviously held magical properties shimmered in the sun as the being made his way towards a small crate on the main deck that was wobbling about. He held his blade up and ready in a defensive position as he kicked over the crate causing a small creature to come rolling out muttering soft groans of pain as it did.

"Kermu?" The being sheahted its sword, walked over to the small creature and kneeled down beside it.
    The creature was no larger that the beings head. Its small round body was covered in a short fluffy white fur. It had two small paws that looked to be of little more use than providing the ability to hobble about. As well as two short claws that looked equally un-impressive. The creature had two large piercing blue eyes, a pudgy red nose and though his fur concealed it; a slim mouth.
    The creature slowly rose to its feet, and as it did it shook himself causing a pair of angelic like wings to protrude from its back. It flapped them a few times shaking off some dust, and then lifted off so it was eye level with the being.

"Jadilus! What a strange coincidence meeting you here. I didn't know you were on this boat too? Wow, this is really something I mean..." The tiny creature apparently named Kermu spoke in a rather loud jubilant sounding voice.
    "Kermu..." The being apparently named Jadilus interrupted it. "Kermu what are you doing here? You know you shouldn't have come it will be dangerous...you could get hurt." Jadilus spoke in a soft, kind, almost melodic sounding voice.
    "Exactly!" Kermu excalimed as he flapped his wings a bit more and shook his little claw. "If their is danger your going to need my help. With Kermu the brave at your side you will have nothing to fear!" Kermu puffed up its small chest and beamed with pride as he hovered in the air.

Jadilus chuckled lightly at Kermu's words. "Kermu the brave huh? Is this the same Kermu that once alerted the town guard over a 'terrible monster' that in turn ended up being an adorable little rabbit?"
    Kemu's chest immediately deflated and he dropped to the floor. He then quickly got back to his feet and flapped his wings vibrantly until he was eye level with Jadilus once more. "Adorable my wings! You should have seen the size of that thing! And its teeth! They were like little razors, the thing was quite obviously a minion of evil!"
    Jadilus simply shook his head quite amused by the little creature, and though he wished he wouldn't have come he was glad that he did now, for atleast he would have some company.

"Either way...you shouldn't have followed me Kermu. Once they found out you have left with me you will never be allowed to return...you are aware of this aren't you?"
    Kermu hesitated for a moment before speaking and then puffed up his chest once more. "Of course I am, and its a sacrifice I am willing to make for my best friend Sir Jadilus Lutrian. Besides...not only am I an expert fighter, but im also quite the lady killer if I do say so myself." As Kermu spoke he thrashed his little claws about in the air demonstrating his fighting skills and then flapped his wings and puffed up his chest a final time at his last comment. "Your going to need me just as much as I need you."

Jadilus shook his head, and chuckled all the more at Kermu's jovial carefree attitude. "Don't call me Sir anymore...I was banished remember?" Jadilus sighed softly as his eyes drifted and he thought about past events. He then shook his head and looked Kermu in the eyes. "Well since you're here now, I suppose their is no turning back...im glad you came Kermu." Jadilus scratched the creature behind its small fluffy ears and it murred softly in affection.

Jadilus then turned his body to face north and stared out into the sea as he spoke softly. "It's going to be a long, and difficult journey from here on out Kermu...are you ready?"
    Kermu flew over towards Jadilus and landed lightly on his shoulder. "I was born ready!"
    Jadilus smiled and nodded then returned to his previous spot on the bow and stood rigid once more.

(( OOC: If you can't tell what the story is about by what I wrote...then I don't blame you, but I hope you grasped some of it? Something happened back at the elven kingdom...something bad...that's all you need to know for now.
    Their is turmoil, and anarchy on the rise, most people of the land are on edge for they hear news of war just beyond the horizon. I'm going to keep most of the story facts hidden for now, I'm going to let those who are permitted to join make up much of what they want. Since much of the story is untold for now I'll accept ideas of how things could unfold, how things might have already happened etc. etc.
    This is fantasy obviously, swords and sorcerry and all that good stuff. My character is currently on a small ship headed towards wherever the sea may take him.
    Take what I've written, take your imagination, and go with it, write, and write well. ))

~~~~~~~~
    Some Character Rolls to Fill (( Not necessary but you may use if you want to try something different ))

The cold hearted, battle hardened enchantress:
    Role: What great story doesn't have the typical femme fatalle role in it? This story isn't any different and thus requires this role to make it great. You can get creative as you like when creating this role so long as you keep in mind that you are a vicious killer who feels no remorse for her enemies who turns out to be not quite as evil as she makes herself out to be.

The smooth talking, beer drinking, womanizing warrior:
    Role: Your typical smartass warrior who talks big, and has the talent to back it up as well. He's certainly a drinker but not a lush, and loves woman almost as much as he loves fighting. Although he hasn't been known to stay faithful to just one woman. He is a gentleman none the less...though secretly he searches for a woman that would be somewhat of a challenge. He's a bit hard to predict, and a loose cannon, but if befriended he would make quite the irreplacable ally.

The innocent yet powerful sorceress: ((Note this role my also be filled as a male ))
    Role: A young woman who has not yet experienced the cruelties of war, and has had little battle experience, but she has extreme potential. Her powers are above average to start with though once she unlocks her full potential they will become near god-like. Her beauty is angelic, and thus she is often times pestered by the opposite sex, and thus she learned how to use the staff to better defend herself.

~~~~
    (( Any questions? Comments? PM me. No posting here unless I've given you the go. Thanks for your time, and I hope you enjoy ))

THANKSOBAMA Reputation: 534

Owyn Grey was not handsome, and never had a way with words. He didn’t have enough coin to buy fine wine, and whenever he picked flowers his rough hands broke the stem and the petals flew away. So the type of women he could get was very narrow – those that liked big, tough, men who could defend them. He knew his best chances of that were at an inn, or a tavern where drunkards picked on the beautiful women there. Nonetheless, his luck ran low. When he did try to rescue them, it would almost always end up in a brawl, and the woman would slip away without him noticing; when it went like it was planned, the woman thought he too was trying to harass her, and kicked him in the scrotum.
    So either way, Owyn was alone, and, because all the money he spent on ale eventually caught up with him, poor. However, he did enjoy his job as a butcher, and loved using his hands. But the pay of his work was just barely too small to support himself, so he always ended up doing the odd-job for a kind person.
    Anyway, there Owyn Grey sat upon a stool at some normal tavern in the small town he had lived his entire life. He ordered an ale, and tapped his foot on the floor until it arrived. Although he was tempted to gulp it down quickly to wash away the memories of his past failings, he was always careful to sip it slowly. Women didn’t like drunks, because drunks couldn’t support families. The tavern door creaked open, and Owyn glanced to his right towards the entrance. The most beautiful woman Owyn had ever laid eyes on walked into the room – she was stout, and her arms strong. Her brown hair was long, and her bosom large. She wore a simple shirt with a lengthy brown skirt.
    This wasn’t a petite girl that most of the drunks in the tavern went after, this was a woman. Breaking the promise he made earlier to himself, Owyn guzzled down half of his ale, and walked towards the woman with confidence evident in his stride. Owyn was a large man, with huge arms almost as wide as a leg, but his face and limbs were scarred from too many accidents at the butcher shop, and several too long brawls. A rowdy tune began to play at the podium, and his strong arms offered the woman a dance. She complied.
    Owyn couldn’t dance, but thankfully, neither could she. But he didn’t care – he had a woman, and he was dancing with her. When the song was over, Owyn was panting because he was dancing so hard. The woman, however, wasn’t panting at all. Owyn smiled, and offered her a drink. He liked women with lots of stamina.
    They introduced themselves; her name was Bella, and she was also the neice of the butchering shop’s owner, and was visiting the shop to be with her uncle. When she found out that Owyn worked there, she was especially pleased.
    “Say, Bella, do you like sausage?” Owyn asked, his voice was rough, but after months of practice, it was somewhat softer.
    “I love sausage,” her voice was deep, but still feminine “But I haven’t had some good sausage in a long time.”
    “If you’re still here at this wretched town tomorrow, I could make you some sausage. I’m very good at making sausage.” He smiled. She smiled, too.
    Finally, Owyn thought, a woman I don’t have to hurt someone to get. Ironically, his usually strong gripped failed on his ale mug, and it fell right upon a large drunk man’s foot. Naturally, a brawl broke out. This time, however, his woman didn’t run away – she stood right there by him, breaking arms and noses.

Reading: Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
    Last read: You Just Don't Understand!: Women and Men in Conversations by Deborah Tannen (A MUST READ), A Child Named "It" by Dave Pelzer (NOT BAD), A Dance With Dragons by GRRM (4.5/5)

Interested in why I picked these books, or want to recommend me some more? Just pm me. I love books.

Moderator Reputation: 27

Rina sighed, as she sat down upon her backside in the beach, tired of her attempts at causing a sandstorm. There were light winds which blew her waist-length brown hair, she wore a loose robe, it was coloured red, knitted an all, adorned with little stones sowed into the knitting.

The clean, blue sea was calm, relaxing one could say if stared into. Although failing to do a sandstorm, Rina did not really doubt her magic power, not very connected to the earth side of magic, but rather good with the three elements, fire, ice and poison. Earth was necessary to be a qualified, "sorceress" something she never really liked. Although it was a useful element to be an expert with, she hadn't really liked it at the age of seven, when she began learning the long process of magic, now twenty, she hadn't progressed much. Of course, Rina did not care much if she was not listed as a mage in her town, she already is one, just not in-tune with all elements.

"Stupid senate... Making me learn earth, send a fireball up their..." Rina's thoughts stopped, she blushed, standing up. "Tripus!" she shouted, waving her hand vicously from left to right once... Nothing happened. Rina groaned out of anger and tiredness from the power it was sucking out from her body as she shouted out that word, "Not working... I'll continue tommorow I guess... Can't go on for much more." she mumbled to herself. She wiped the sand off her robe once standing straight, at a good five feet and a bit, one would estimate. "... I give up." Rina mumbled to herself. "The senate will just have to do with plain old non-mage Rina Trinkle" She said, as she attempted to joke to herself, but she did not smile.

Rina took one last look at the sea, ready to depart from the beach, but she stopped in her tracks as she saw an approaching ship, "Hm?" she said to herself in a suprised manner, going forwards to the sea edge, her poorly-made leather shoes in the water.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 12
    In purgatory with an invisible snowman...

Delerin Verte spun around and just barely dodged a blade coming his way. Seems the town guards were after him again. He was hesitant to retaliate, and it nearly cost him his life. As he drew his dagger, another came in on him from the other side and he had just enough time to roll and parry the blow. The two guards smirked at him and slowly stepped forward. Delerin looked to his right and noticed the wall of the house next to him was old and deteriorating. He had one chance to do this, so he took it. He ran to the left to fake the guards out and took a sudden turn back to the right and slammed into the wall, instantly bringing it crumbling down. It came down a lot easier than he had thought it would, but it still hurt his shoulder.

He quickly regained his balance and started running. Good thing the house was abandoned, or someone would have been pissed. Even though he didn't look it, Delerin was a thief. He had only just moved to this town to find himself a new and better life, but it seems that old habits die hard. He looked roughly around seventeen years of age and had a small thin face. His body was thin as a childs, probably from starvation, and his arms were frail. He wasn't the strongest person alive, but he made up for that in his speed and the intelligence his mother had gifted him with. When he was a child, his parents were naturally poor, and so, they were thieves as well. He always remembered his mother's last words. "Take care of your brother, and just know that I will always be watching over you." was the last thing she said before her head went toppling to the ground. Luckily, he was able to escape the guards that day, but it was only him. They had taken his baby brother and probably killed him.

No matter, he had to lose these two goons. He looked around for something useful and found only one item of use, a piece of rope. The guards were yet to come into the house, so he grabbed the rope and tied one end to a chair that was bolted to the ground, and the other end to the hinge of a door on the other side of the room He made sure it was tight before moving down the hallway of the abandoned house.

When he was about halfway down the corridor, he heard a grunting noise and then the clatter of things falling. They had tripped over the rope, so that bought him time. He ran past an open room, but something caught his eye. A single rusted hatch was laying open, connected to a tunnel underneath the house no doubt. He neared the hatch and climbed down the small rope ladder to the bottom. It was pitch black, but he was used to that. Soon his eyes would adjust and he would take his share of the stuff down here.

((I get to RP with some of the best here, I feel honored. ^_^))
    Last edited by Deaths_Legion; 09-26-2006 at 08:30 AM.

^Oblivion rocks you^

An AIM conversation between Jakuza and me:
    xelpherpol (12:10:44 AM): Like...friends with a little more thrown in ^_^
    Azn Boi E L i X (12:12:58 AM): friends with benefits
    Azn Boi E L i X (12:13:00 AM): as they say.
    xelpherpol (12:11:26 AM): Yeah, but that's a manipulative phrase, I like to refer to it as "We're friends, but I want sex now *****"

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 41

The small canoe creaked and croaked as Jermia (Jer-Me-Uh) paddled the pitiful craft downstream. He barely had escaped, the pursuit was heavy. If he hadn’t had known the river as he did his own palm, he wouldn’t had survived.

A shuffling to the side of the stream caught his attention, a slight flicker of the bushes. A small deer, hardly the size of a large dog, has stepped onto the bank. What a fickle creature, carefree, not a worry in the world. If only I could go back to those days, whenever I was but a boy. The long days in the fields, chasing deer, picking corn and other crops. The days of my childhood were well spent, with friends and family alike.

Jermia looked over the side of the canoe, looking at his own reflection. His once handsome face was now scarred. Physical scars and mental scars shown upon his face, years of sadness and hatred could still be seen. His deep brown eyes shown worry, despair of what was to come. His long, forceful arms bulged with each stroke, his once long sleeve shirt now torn to tatters. He donned a small, plaid hat, now old and dusty with age. He looked down at his tattered pants, holes ridden in the knees and the cuffs ripped. His pitiful sandals looked as though they may snap at any second.

He had never been this far downstream, he had no idea of what was to come ahead.
    “Only time will tell,” his father always told him, “good or bad, you take it as it comes.” Wise words that nearly killed him. You don’t always “take it as it comes”. Sometimes you need to change what happens, change it to survive. If only his father had listened to him, he may be sitting in this very canoe with him.

“Oh, but that’s behind me. Now I have to find where the hell this river goes.” Jermia thought aloud, trying to pass the time and kill some boredom. Jermia glanced over his shoulder, his long sword sheathed and his Short Bow lay atop it. A quiver of arrows was sitting beside the former, all of it ready to be used. “Hopefully,” he said, “that won’t be necessary.”
    Playin:
    LoL: Purpler41n
    WoW: Murgol- Farstriders US RP

Retired Staff Reputation: 246

Abner was sitting at a table in front of a local inn. He was quiet and unobtrusive. His table lay under the shade of the canopy, but he wore a faded dark red cloak and hood that covered most of his face. A mug of beer sat in front of him, but it was untouched.

Occasionally, as the inn was crowded that day, one of the other patrons would come over, meaning to sit down. Abner pulled his hood up slightly, revealing a pale, harshly carved face, and his pale blue eyes, like ice.

"This table is taken," he said quietly, and they all moved away quickly, murmuring appologies.

Finally, Abner saw, without seeming to, coming in through the door of the inn, a small boy in ragged clothes, one of the many street urchins who infested this city.

Abner waited, impatiently, as the boy struggled, elbowing and squirming, through the crowd of people, until finally he stood, slightly out of breath, in front of Abner's table. He held in his left hand a small piece of parchment.

"You have seen him then?" Abner said quietly.

"Yes, s-sir," the boy said, stammering slightly.

Abner nodded. "Tell Issac that his promised reward will be delivered tomorrow. I have pressing things to do today."

"Yes, sir. I will." The boy still waited, his eyes expectant.

With a sneer, Abner raised himself out of the wooden chair. He flipped the boy a silver penny.

"Th-thank you sir." The boy bowed slightly, and handed Abner the piece of parchment, then scuttled quickly away.

Abner carefully placed the piece of parchment in a hidden pocket. With a last look around to see if anyone had noticed, Abner left the inn.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

((OOC: Sorry for taking so long to post again, but I've been busy...now that I think just about everybody who wants to has joined. Here's my next post, towards the end it got kind of rushed so sorry if the quality suffered. I'm tired though and wanted to get it done before I went to sleep. I'm breaking my own rule here but please try to refrain from OOC posting here, if you need to PM the respective person if it's important. If necessary I'll make an OOC section of the RP...anyways...here's my next bit which sheds a bit more light upon the story. ))

The ship sailed swiftly, shimmering across the open sea like a shooting star in the night sky. The sound of small waves throwing themselves upon the craft created a rhytmic sort of rhapsody. It was a soothing sound with a tempo so constant one could tap their foor to the beat of it.

Jadilus had not budged an inch from his position. Kermu respectively stayed perched upon Jadilus's shoulder, though he was not as steadfast and began to doze off. His small body would rock back and forth, eyes slowly shutting only to be awoken once more by the crashing of the waves.

They had been sailing for over a days time now and Jadilus had yet to stop for a rest. He could not sleep, not in his current condition, not with so much running through his mind. What had happened back at the Elven Kingdom; what was happening, was something that would mean tragedy for more than just the elves if something was not done about it soon.

Treason, betrayal, lies hidden behind more lies. So much deceit and so much corruption was leading the kingdom to it's doom and it planned on taking down the rest of the land with it. Jadilus had been one of the few still faithful to the oath made to the King of old: "Videlsi osos vin Victrum, Frenda vex Feriot, eyn Kintra vin Hea n vex Kendras." Translated into the common tongue meaning: "Triumph over the tyrants, Liberate the living, and Squelch the flames of the sinister."

Those times have long since passed, a new king now reigns with a new order. Conquest and domination are all that he has set on his mind. Not for the good of the people, but for the good of himself. He has turned the kingdom into a war machine, and it's people into mindless soldiers with the sole purpose of serving the Vile Kings wishes.

Some tried to fight the change, to stop the way things were going and get back to the once prosperous peaceful ways...they are dead now. Assasinated by the kings men, or executed by the king himself. Their had never been a king more ruthless, and power hungry than the one present. He had attained far too much strength through manipulation of the forbidden arts. None could stand before him, none even dared challenge him...None that is, except for Jadilus. He brought about his theories of the new King's malicious ways to the high council, but it was too little too late. The king had reached the council members before Jadilus had time to bring them his word...they now served under the King's control as well. The king saw Jadilus as a threat, and rather than having him executed which would cause in uproar in the kingdom for Jadilus was a highly renowned knight. The king had him secretly banished, and gave news to the kingdom that he was found plotting against the kingdom; he labeled him a traitor, and a coward. Rather than just kill him outright he ruined his life, his reputation, forever...

"Something must be done Kermu..."

Jadilus muttered the words softly as he rested his hands upon the woodwork of the ship, allowing his upper body to lean slightly over the edge. He stared blankly down into the water, his hair covering most of his face so that only his mouth could be seen.

"The...King" Jadilus found it hard to speak the word while referring to such an evil being.

"No...the Tyrant...he must be stopped. Their must be a way...but he's just so powerful...too powerful."

Jadilus continued to speak and as he did his grip on the railings tightened and his teeth clenched. He wanted so badly to have the power to make things right, and the fact that he did not ate at him inside and caused a burning flame within him to burn even brighter.

Kermu leaped off of Jadilus's shoulder and landed on the railing beside him which Jadilus now hunched over. The small, but wise creature made a sort of purring noise like that of a cat, and then spoke in it's normal chipper tone.

"Their may be one way Jadilus! It's a longshot, but it just may be what we need to make things right again!"

Upon hearing this Jadilus raised his body and stood firm in place, he looked over at Kermu with uncertainty. His ears twitched slightly in anticipation as well as doubt.

"What could we possibly do Kermu?" Jadilus paused a moment and took a few steps away from Kermu staring out into the sea with his back facing his companion.

"We have both been banished and labeled traitors...if we show our faces anywhere we'll be killed..."

Kermu was hit hard by the words and the creature hung it's head and sighed.

"Even so...if their is a chance, just a chance, wouldn't you want to take it Jadilus?"

Jadilus thought upon the words, and then slowly turned to face Kermu as he spoke solemnly.

"What is your plan?"

The two conversed for a long while, arguing points and exchanging ideas. The sun was beginning to fade away, and stars were becoming present. The two spoke of something very few knew about. Something which many argued to be just a fairy tale, something that could change fate...Kermu spoke of the fabled Epitoria. It was uncertain exactly what the thing was. Some say a divine weapon that could grant it's wielder the strength to slay any foe. Others say it's a magical essence, that if absorbed would give the being god like power. Though uncertain exactly what it was and what it did. It was their only hope for saving the kingdom, and the only chance they had...thus the hunt began as the ship began to dock onto a small pier outside of a humble village. White sandy beach lay before them, and after that, cliffs that had been battered by the oceans high tide...atop the cliffs green grass, and a variety of flowers grew lavishly as far as the eye could see. Beyond those cliffs lay the village of Merula; it's sentry tower torches could be seen beginning to be lit.

As Jadilus finished tieing up the ship, and going about other duties which needed be performed before leaving it unattended he turned to Kermu and spoke.

"It's settled then...we quest for the Epitoria..."

Kermu puffed his chest, flapped his wings, and murred satisfied as he perched himself upon Jadilus's shoulder. The two then casually made their way for the village; each step Jadilus took causing a slight creak in the old rotted wood of the pier. He began to blend with the shadows nicely as he tossed his hood up and over his head concealing his entire face. All that could be seen were two amber eyes which shimmered bright with determination...

((OOC: If you all want to you can make Merula the village your currently in, if not that's fine it's up to you guys. Let's just say Merula is big, but not too big, small, but not too small. A medium sized village filled with merchants, occasionally a festival or two, nothing too big, but nothing ghetto. You can get creative with the town if you want I don't care this is pretty free if you've any questions PM me. ))

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 28

It was always best to avoid the back alleys of Merula, when one was walking alone at night. Those who made the small town their home knew it was in their best interest to keep to the well-lit main road, or gather in the local inn. Unlike many of the larger town, Merula was not home to a boisterous gang of bandits, or cutthroats who liked to torment the civilians. Instead, it served as a stop for the night, for travellers inbetween destinations. During the day the merchants set up their wares, eager to sell provisions to whomever walked by.

It was because of its location near the wide Grette sea did the citizens take caution. With so many strangers drifting in and out of the town, who knew what kind of villains could turn up. On top of that, there had been rumours lately, of a local barkeep finding mutilated bodies of sailors that had washed ashore. "No human could have done this, it had to be some kind of beast," he told anyone who asked. Most believed him, but even those who were skeptical didn't want to take the chance of encountering the predator.

The shops had long since closed, the street vendors had gathered up their tents and left for the night, safely asleep in their homes. The streets were quiet, save for the faint sound of music and laughter wandering from the nearby inn. Two figures were behind a tall building, empty silhouettes to anyone who passed by.
    One was a man, of slightly muscular build, he had been drinking at the pub and felt the perfect way to end his night was to bed with a mysterious woman he met on his way out. He had her shoved against the wall, breathing in her sweet scent, her pale blonde hair brushing over his face.

"I know you want me," she said quietly, her voice was odd, almost inhuman. He grinned and put his hand up her skirt, looking into her eyes. She was staring intently at him, her light green eyes piercing. He was unnerved and hesitated, looking instead at her luscious curves, feeling a stir inside him once again. "Don't you want me?" she said, angered by his hesitance, almost spitting the words. She gripped his face with surprising strength and made him look into her eyes, "I thought you wanted to play with me."
    Frightened at the sudden change in this woman, the man tried to back away.
    "I- I think I should go.." he stammered, his eyes wide. He tried to turn and look for an escape but her grip was too hard.
    "Touch me!" the woman said, her voice rising in pitch, "or I will kill you." She let go of the man's face and pulled out a dagger, twisting it into his chest. He let out an anguished cry and pawed at her chest in vain, all he managed to grab was her necklace, when he first saw it he thought it was pearls... but now that it was in his hand he saw that it was made of human teeth.
    "W-what the hell are y-you!" he gurgled, pushing himself away from the woman and falling to the ground.

"My name is Ophelia," she said quietly, wiping the blade on her bustier, "but you will never know..."

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 12
    In purgatory with an invisible snowman...

Delerin's eyes had no trouble adjusting to the dark recesses of the tunnel. He worked his way around the tunnel, glad that it was going one way. He was confused as to why the tunnel was here in the first place and where it led, or how long it actually was. It seemed as though the place was built just recently, but there was no way of telling for sure. The lantern's candles had long since burnt out, and there was no source of light in the tunnel.
    He came across a crossroads in the tunnel and he sat down to ponder his choices. He took this time to rest as well, for he didn't know what he was going to encounter.

Only minutes after he had sat down, a scream was heard. It came from the path to his right, so he started off in that direction. There was no light, so the scream must've been from inside the tunnel, unless he was right under Merula. His running came to a stop when he hit a dead end. A single rope ladder lay on the ground. He picked it up and the twine nearly fell apart in his hands. It wasn't sturdy, so why was it here? A thought struck him and he looked up. A closed hatch! It wasn't too high, but he wasn't going to be able to get up there without something to climb on. Lucklily, the crossroads wasn't too far from here. He ran back and started on the other path, reluctant to find something to use. He came to another dead end, which seemed to be used as a storage space. Broken boxes littered the dirt floor, and the contents were already gone. The boxes wouldn't be able to support his weight, but maybe he would be able to find an unused rope in one. He got right to work, searching the boxes, and soon found a sturdy rope he could use. He started back to the hatch to get out of the tunnel.

((SO sorry for the OOC, but I've been having writer's block lately, so if my posts seem a little off, inform me please. I'm trying to cope with it and I promised Jadilus that I'd post today, so I just improvised this.))

^Oblivion rocks you^

An AIM conversation between Jakuza and me:
    xelpherpol (12:10:44 AM): Like...friends with a little more thrown in ^_^
    Azn Boi E L i X (12:12:58 AM): friends with benefits
    Azn Boi E L i X (12:13:00 AM): as they say.
    xelpherpol (12:11:26 AM): Yeah, but that's a manipulative phrase, I like to refer to it as "We're friends, but I want sex now *****"

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 23

"Blast!" Markov shouted. "I told you we should have gone the other way." The man's voice was ripe with old age.

The strange bird perched on his shoulder shouted to his ear. "Zis is all your fault from ze start! YOU forgot to get ze potions, YOU lost ze ones I retrieved YESTERDAY!"
    "Clam that accented beak of yours," Markov replied ", After that beast has been chewing the sailors like beef jerky, I'd prefer not to stay out in this Godless street in the middle of the damn night!"

Markov was the local crockpot wizard of Merula. The strange man behind the back alley selling potions, trinkets, and what not to travelling adventurers at the most ridiculous of prices. But he was a wizard, and captured the look of one quite well. Who could resist buying a glowing green potion from a wizard? Now he was trudging through the night, heading to a backwater shop many steps from his home. A medical potion was near due for the Baron of Merula. Markov didn't want to think what would happen if he didn't come up with the cure for his ailment. A day in the stocks, eating tomatoes and vegetables thrown at him, if he's lucky maybe just one night in the dungeon. He shuddered at the sudden thought and quickened his pace, his gray cloak tossing in the breeze. Markov seemed very healthy and good looking for his old age. His face bore only a few wrinkles, and carried a long, pointy, gray beard. His pet bird Ivan was a mystery in every way. He's nears the same age as Markov, they've been around so long both dont remember where they came from, and he seems like a cross between a parakeet and a hawk. Colorful feathers, sharp eyes, large beak, and a slim, majestic body. Years of companionship with Markov eventually taught Ivan how to talk just like a regular person. The strange accent is just one of his many unsolved mysteries

As Markov neared his destination, he saw a figure walking down the pier. The jetblack cloak over it didn't allow Markov's old eyes to see it's face.
    "Quite the suspicious fellow eh Ivan?" Markov whispered as he stopped to straighten his pointy wizard hat.
    "Oh, of courss an old wizard with a talking bird on hiz shoulder cant be az suspicious az tha-"

A scream brought their conversation to a halt. They stood there, wide eyed, not knowing what to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast