Wildstar going F2P or B2P?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 100

Default Wildstar going F2P or B2P?

Saw this article
    http://games.on.net/2015/04/wildstar...ames-jb-hi-fi/

A move to F2P could be on the cards for MMO WildStar, with major Australian retailers instructed to take their stock off shelves and return it to the distributor.

games.on.net understands that both EB Games and JB Hi-Fi, who between them control the majority of the Australian retail gaming market, have now removed WildStar from sale.

An EB games employee, speaking to games.on.net, said that the stock had been withdrawn “a few weeks ago” and suggested that it might now be free-to-play. As of the time of printing however, the official WildStar website still offers the game for purchase starting at USD $40.

A similar phenomenon was observed earlier this year when retail copies of The Elder Scrolls Online disappeared from retailer shelves. TESO then re-launched itself as “The Elder Scrolls: Tamriel Unlimited”, ditching the subscription fee and moving to a Guild Wars-style “buy to play” model.
    I hope it goes F2P, every time I play I enjoy what's there but there is nobody to enjoy it with so I quit quickly.
    Do what you wanna
    Do what you will
    Just don't mess up
    Your neighbor's thrill

Forum PvPer Reputation: 508

the game sucks, should've been f2p from the beginning and maybe they would've had a playerbase lol
    i hyped it up hard, rushed to lv 50 in a week then found out the end-game content is ridiculous as fvck and very elitist, with nothing to do outside raiding for shinies

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 104

I went back recently to do the 10 day free trial and I have to say that the game is absolutely fantastic now. All the issues at launch that the game had were fixed from optimization to experience gains, etc. Tons of stuff happened and I have to admit, the game is finally going in the right direction.

ONLY PROBLEM:

They did a mega server merge by giving 2 servers for both the US/EU regions. US has Entity (PVE) and Warhound (PVP). The problem is that Warhound is an absolute ghost town and it's not worth going to, while Entity has the majority of the player base.

The game can thrive and be incredibly successful if they ever went F2P/B2P. In my opinion, with the current state of the game now, it's worth playing. It should be B2P with a cosmetic cash shop since costumes are a big deal, not F2P. The quality of the game now is too good to be F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by €€€ View Post
    found out the end-game content is ridiculous as fvck and very elitist, with nothing to do outside raiding for shinies

Yeah, it was dumb as hell at launch and they realized it. This dude made a good video about it sometime last week as he went back to check up on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5wLrti0G10" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5wLrti0G10"> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5wLrti0G10" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Last edited by The Great Beyond; 04-15-2015 at 03:18 PM.
    The man formerly known as KREVA

Pellet Eater Reputation: 31

It's been clear for awhile that it wouldn't be able to keep going with a sub fee imo.. not sure which route it will go though, F2P or B2P.
    Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/daeoc
    Come and stop by sometime, I stream mainly JRPGs, WRPGs, Shooters, Horror, MMOs, and MOBAs. Currently, the focus is on JRPGs with a mixed bag of everything else.

The official forums are pretty much in an uproar right now like the sky is falling. But here's to the B2P!

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 10

It needs to be free to play or its dead.

Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 15

Quote Originally Posted by €€€ View Post
    the game sucks, should've been f2p from the beginning and maybe they would've had a playerbase lol
    i hyped it up hard, rushed to lv 50 in a week then found out the end-game content is ridiculous as fvck and very elitist, with nothing to do outside raiding for shinies
    ^^ this

I was in the same hype train, but in the end it tried too damn hard to be funny and weird and different... and guess what? it failed! I didnt even like the leveling process with all these weird quests, paths etc.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 303

Game is pretty bad. Also pretty damn empty. It never had any p2p potential, especially since they took like half a year to release one small update.

AND THIS POST JUST CAME OUT TODAY!

THE FALL OF THE P2P HAS COME!

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...ery-box-promo/

Forum PvPer Reputation: 508

this mount is amazing lol

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast