Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ArcheAge "Ship Customization" patch coming soon

Game Journalist Reputation: 474

Default ArcheAge "Ship Customization" patch coming soon

Here is the source.

Quote Originally Posted by - Mudskipper Captain Rumi
    “You’ve got yer Halcyona Pirates, yer Growlgate Pirates, yer Bloodhands, Blackbeards, and all manner of traitorous privateers. Not to mention the giant seabugs, jellyfish, and gods-forsaken Kraken poppin’ up whenever he gets peckish. I’ll tell ya, friend: if you don’t have a stout ship and a brave soul, you don’t stand a chance.”
    is bringing a wave of changes to life-at-sea in ArcheAge, starting with a completely new ship customization system that lets you tailor your vessel into a high-powered destroyer, cloaking speed-trader, or anything in between.

Read on for a leg up on customizing your ship in Update 1.7A, and stay tuned to Friday livestreams and the ArcheAge website for the latest news and Q&A!

New Ship Interface

Soon every captain, pirate, and wind-beaten smuggler with a sea-worthy vessel will have access to the Dread Prophecies ship customization system via a new button on the ship info window. Opening it will reveal a diagram of your vessel and its slots for custom components.

The new interface displays your ship type along with its base stats and the amount and type of custom components it can support. Each of the slots are interactive, showing which items and upgrades you’ve equipped to your ship. (Just mouse over your hull slots for more info!)

Of course, the new UI is just a shell to hold the heart of the new system: the custom components themselves. With access to armaments, sails, masts, boarding equipment, special abilities, and more, you can create the Kraken- (or player-, or treasure-, or fish-) hunting ship of your dreams.

Ship Components

With the launch of Dread Prophecies, all existing ships will be outfitted with default-level components, and nearly 100 additional components will be added to the Machining Proficiency for you to craft and collect. These include:

• Armaments*: Armor, Harpoons, and Cannons used to deal damage to enemies and ships.
    • Sails*: Foresails, Mainsails, and Rigs that improve your ship’s speed and turning capabilities.
    • Figureheads*: Sculptures mounted on the front of your ship that provide unique abilities.
    • Masts: Sail supports that improve your ship’s durability and resistance to damage.
    • Steering Gear: Rudders used to improve your ship’s turning speed.
    • Navigation: Telescopes, Compasses, Fish Finders, and Sonar that help identify your immediate surroundings.
    • Lighting: Lanterns; Shroudlights that provide detection avoidance when enabled.
    • Storage: Trade Pack Containers, plus an Explosives Workbench that allows mid-sea ammunition crafting.
    • Boarding Equipment: Boarding Planks that prevent unwanted entry to the sides of a war vessel.
    • Miscellaneous Apparatus: Breathing Devices, Portable Harpoons, and Decorations.
    • Sound Equipment: Bells and Drums you can use to warn an opponent of their impending doom

* Can be regraded with a Ship Component Regrade Scroll.

Customizing Your Ship

Before adding or swapping components, you must summon or sail your ship within range of one of your faction’s Ezi’s Light towers. These beacons rise from the sea off the coast of major ports:

• Austera (Harani and Firran)
    • Ezna (Nuians and Elves)
    • Growlgate (Pirates)
    • Diamond Shores (All Factions)

To equip a component, simply drag it from your inventory to the slot you’d like it to fill, and watch as your stats, gear, or abilities are augmented on the fly. Note: Equipping a ship component will bind it to your character.

Regrades, Weight, and Top Speed

Certain components can be regraded with a Ship Component Regrade Scroll obtained from ocean-dwelling creatures, Shipwreck scavenging, and specific quests. Note, however, that ship components regrade differently than Weapons, Armor, and Accessories!

• During the regrade process, a component either increases in grade or is destroyed.
    • A higher-grade ship component provides a stat increase and also increases the weight of your vessel.
    • The weight of your ship determines its top speed – so ships that support grand-heroic components will travel more quickly than ships with celestial and higher grade parts – as well as the maximum collision damage you can deal when ramming an opponent’s vessel.

In addition, each ship will be rated with a maximum number of players it can carry before reaching its crew capacity.
    • Over-burdened ships will lose momentum and begin to sink during travel.
    • Enemy players who board a vessel also contribute to the ship’s maximum occupancy.
    • This is an important mechanic to consider when dividing your infantry across multiple ships in a fleet!

Machining & Multiple Crests

Machinists are perhaps the most eager to embark on Dread Prophecies adventures, excelling as they do at building components and making (new) mid-sea repairs.

• Anyone can use Shatigon’s Sand (available from General Merchants) to repair ships at sea, but highly-skilled Machinists will enjoy the best results.
    • Certain ship components have minimum Machining Proficiency requirements to craft.
    • Note that ships which are completely destroyed must still undergo the normal repair cycle.

Custom Crest stamps that have been applied to ships will be also be removed with the Dread Prophecies release to make way for a new and improved system:

After the update, you can apply images directly to your ship’s sails rather than using a scroll.
    Ships that support multiple sails will also support multiple images!

More than anything, we look forward to seeing how you end up customizing your ships. Will they become massive traders, nimble warships, or something completely different?

ArcheAge forum discussion on this upcoming release.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

1.7 is actually a cool patch for archeage, but people are stuck in their ways and wont try it unfortunately

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 278

not gonna try it
    game sucks
    bad sandbox
    bad themepark
    even worse combo

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by onrpg sucks View Post
    1.7 is actually a cool patch for archeage, but people are stuck in their ways and wont try it unfortunately
    Does the patch remove the ebola RNG and cash shop and hacks/botting? No? Ok. Instead we seem to have MORE stuff to regrade and suffer the RNG with
    Last edited by Grable; 04-22-2015 at 07:10 AM.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 11

So last I knew the developers let bots and gold sellers run the place. Buying up all land to sell at outrageous prices and basically running the economy, meaning it was destroyed because they exploded prices across the board.

Has this been fixed? I doubt it has... Game seems cool but I have no interest in investing time if the game is run by bots and gold sellers.

Isn't it upsetting though? That these bots and gold sellers can ruin a game so quickly. Like, its really upsetting. You just wonder what kind of people are behind them that they are so OK with this life choice they made.

Game Journalist Reputation: 474

Quote Originally Posted by Bawnawgwa View Post
    So last I knew the developers let bots and gold sellers run the place. Buying up all land to sell at outrageous prices and basically running the economy, meaning it was destroyed because they exploded prices across the board.

Has this been fixed? I doubt it has... Game seems cool but I have no interest in investing time if the game is run by bots and gold sellers.

Isn't it upsetting though? That these bots and gold sellers can ruin a game so quickly. Like, its really upsetting. You just wonder what kind of people are behind them that they are so OK with this life choice they made.
    I'm not sure, but I haven't heard my guild complain about a gold seller grabbing a plot of land in a while. I think they also may have fixed the issue with players using macros to place their house super fast before anyone else gets a chance. Can't confirm that, though. Most of the house grabs my guild has gone to lately have been fair, and there seems to be a decent amount of open space on some servers.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I'm not sure, but I haven't heard my guild complain about a gold seller grabbing a plot of land in a while. I think they also may have fixed the issue with players using macros to place their house super fast before anyone else gets a chance. Can't confirm that, though. Most of the house grabs my guild has gone to lately have been fair, and there seems to be a decent amount of open space on some servers.
    You can still get land with macros and such. They just limited the range of land grabs from infinite to not infinite.

They can't do much about people using hacks and stuff since apparently most of Archeage is done client-side and rarely makes checks to the server. Combine that with the terrible cash shop, the pay to play service, and how bad the labor point system is and you've got yourself a bad game.

no land hacks (not like land is important anyway, another whiny nitpick), little bots, gold is worth something again, its easy to gear up, even easier to gear up in 1.7

dunno why people cry about rng when thats literally the only gold sink in this game, people played lineage2 for years and it was crazy popular and it had just as bad rng. i dunno, gamers have grown soft.

also what is wrong with the cash shop? absolutely nothing, lol. nothing that gives u an edge can even be purchased

I'm fine with RNG but the amount of RNG in Archeage is ridiculous. Trying to craft a decent piece of gear when I played took a month's worth of labor. Every day I'd spend labor gathering mats and crafting gear, even using labor pots most days, and it still took a month to get one decent piece of gear.

And wealth in the game is RNG as well, when I played it was all about Thunderstruck logs. They were 200 gold a piece which was pretty decent at the time. And how do you get them? get lucky to have a tree struck with thunder. Luckily we had a guy in our guild get super lucky with them. He got one on one of the beginning days of the game, sold it for land and planted more trees. He just repeated the process almost guaranteed to get like 2-3 a week with all his land. All luck though other people in my guild had trees planted for an entire month on all their plots of land getting none. It's a stupid system.

Quote Originally Posted by LastDemon View Post
    I'm fine with RNG but the amount of RNG in Archeage is ridiculous. Trying to craft a decent piece of gear when I played took a month's worth of labor. Every day I'd spend labor gathering mats and crafting gear, even using labor pots most days, and it still took a month to get one decent piece of gear.

And wealth in the game is RNG as well, when I played it was all about Thunderstruck logs. They were 200 gold a piece which was pretty decent at the time. And how do you get them? get lucky to have a tree struck with thunder. Luckily we had a guy in our guild get super lucky with them. He got one on one of the beginning days of the game, sold it for land and planted more trees. He just repeated the process almost guaranteed to get like 2-3 a week with all his land. All luck though other people in my guild had trees planted for an entire month on all their plots of land getting none. It's a stupid system.
    thats because trion listened too much to the playerbase and gave labor potions cooldown due to feedback rofl. fvcking retard kids.
    on ru labor potions cost like 10 ruble and have no cooldown.

wealth used to be rng, it's no longer rng. ts trees used to go for 1k+ g, and it was a very easy way to farm gold (plant lots of hidden overworld trees and swim in gold, even better if u have friends to help plant). archeage is all about abusing current trends, if u don't know how to do this then u deserve to be poor. just like in real life.

im not saying archeage is a perfect fvcking flower, but 1.7 made the game a lot less of a shitfest and its easy to gear up etc. the only rng lies within regrading, which also happens to be the only fvcking gold sink in this game.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast