Thread: New found Addiction.. need help choosing a superhero MMORPG

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 25

Default New found Addiction.. need help choosing a superhero MMORPG

My new found addiction is anything superheros.
    Like Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, etc. Thanks to watching The Avengers movie and striking a huge interest in all superheros now.

So, which superhero MMORPG would you choose and why?
    I'm hoping to find one that isn't so pay to win and don't have to spend a lot of money on.

(There's ads on the left and right of this New Thread page showing me Marvel Heros 2015. Might be what I'm looking for?)

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 35

Try DC Universe and Marvel Heroes. Try all the interesting ones you could find they're not that many anyway (good ones atleast)

Game List Master Reputation: 251

I played quite a bit of Champions before it went freemium and then it was just meh in my opinion so I quit. Although that might of changed since I last played I don't know.

DC Universe is good I play it sometimes when I have time.

Marvel Heroes I have yet to play but it does look great.

Game Journalist Reputation: 490

DCUO, Champion's Online, and Marvel Heroes are about all that's in the market now, I think. There's a couple of indie projects in the works, but no idea how far away that is.

DCUO takes place in (obviously) the DC universe and allows you to fight along/against DC superheroes and villains. You can create your own unique hero/villain and choose a powerset (which includes a movement power such as flying). It's a really fun game due to the nice graphics and combat system.

Champion's Online takes place in a unique-to-champion's universe. You also get to create your own character and choose power sets (And movement powers). Combat system is more typical point-and-click. Don't think you can play villain in Champion's.

Both have awesome customer character creators. Lots of freedom and choices. I think they're both equal in complexity, though Champion's might be a bit more complex. I created an astroboy clone in Champion's that I played a lot. Also a few other unique heroes.

Marvel Heroes is a lot like Path of Exile or Diablo III in terms of gameplay style. Instead of making your own hero, you play heroes/villains from the Marvel universe. This isn't what I look for in a superhero game, so I've never really gotten into it. Just played a few minutes in I think open beta.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 80

I miss City of Heroes T_T