Thread: Everquest 1 - New Server, Relive the the old days!

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 15

Default Everquest 1 - New Server, Relive the the old days!

So, EQ1 is opening a new server called RAGEFIRE which is a time locked progression server. Basically, it is gonna start back from DAY 1 of release when EQ came out in 1999.

It is not 100% authentic to the original classic EQ, there are a few difference but it is mostly 90% of the original EQ.

Some of the major difference:

No HELL LEVELS - While leveling in EQ is extremely LONG and Hard, no more Hell levels though, basically it was the equivalent to 5 levels rolled into 1 and it SUCKED when you die (exp loss)

No Corpse Run - While I am sad that they are not including this feature, it may be good as well. The amount of rage and hatred I had for EQ when I died and had to run an hour back to ATTEMPT to retrieve my corpse was a pain, but looking back, OH MAN THE STORIES, the experience!!! I loved it.

Several skills, spells can't be reverted back to the original day since it is hard coded across all servers and current ive up to date servers.

But basically, it's gonna be the original EQ release for 6 months before they open up their 2nd expansion Kunark.

So do you guys think you can handle a REAL MMORPG??, the grand daddy of them all, and one of the co-founder of MMORPG (Ultima Online being the Orignal Gansta who started it all).

for more info, just google Everquest Ragefire and look up Everquest Reddit to get a better feel of it if you never had experience EQ in 1999-2001.
    The Crack is back, EVERCRACK - It ruined teenagers lives back then, now it will ruin marriages (EQ did a Poll and shows the playerbase tends to be 25-45 who intents to relive the experience)

I will probably be rolling a Warrior (IGN Grizaje) or a Bard (IGN Zalaster). Hit me up in May 20th!

Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

game is too archaic to play didnt age well lol

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 31

Man, Final Fantasy XI needs something like this..

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 15

the first 3-5 expansions were the best of EQ and you get to relive it. 6 months of the first EQ followed by a vote to open up the next expansion. 3-6 months another vote to open the 3rd expansion, so on and so forth.

compared to nowadays MMO, EQ is still awesome and way better than all the generic mmo crap that has come out for the past few years.
    EQ and ragnarok are doing it right. All other fails. Hopefully, oneday WoW does it too and have a server that takes us back to Vanilla WoW and relive all the raids and dungeons with it's original XP gains, not fast acceleration BS.