Disney's PKNA (Paperinik New Adventures) and MMMM ( Mickey Mouse Mystery Magazine)

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 349

Cool Disney's PKNA (Paperinik New Adventures) and MMMM ( Mickey Mouse Mystery Magazine)

As most Scandinavians, I was raised on Donald Duck and Co. comics, and although I've never been a real fan of Disney apart from the Donald Duck/Mickey Mouse universe (they inhabit the same city in Scandinavian releases, but I am no expert on how the universe and the comics fare abroad), I was a real avid reader of these.

Among, all of the comics, there are two series that really stood out to me, and I really enjoyed and those are the PKNA, and the MMMM series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PKNA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MM_Mick...stery_Magazine

Both, are more "adult"(still pretty tame by any reasonable standard, just "adult" compared
    to what Disney usually does with these characters) takes on the Disney characters of Donald Duck (who's
    turned into this Batman-esque night-time vigilante) and Mickey Mouse (who's turned into this Dick Tracey-esque private eye).

Until yesterday, I had actually completely forgotten about both of these comics (don't usually read comics at all, except for the occasional seinen manga like "Berserk", "Claymore", or "Gantz"), but they just sorta popped into my head, and I decided to look them up and *erhm* acquire all the issues once again, and read through them.
    Still good entertainment to my mind.

Anyone else here familiar with these works? Ever had similar experiences with rediscovering forgotten, but
    greatly loved, childhood media?
    Please do tell - Also, if your heart isn't too twisted to enjoy the occasional lighthearted comic, be sure to check these ones out.
    They're relatively easy to *erhm* buy online... (that being said, they are no longer in print
    as far as I know, so you're not actually hurting anyone economically if you do decided to "buy them online")
    Last edited by hian; 06-11-2015 at 10:53 AM.
    The Common Sense United Front
    ZAZAZAZAAAA, DADADADAAAA DAAAA, SHWAMSHWAMSHWAMMMM DUUUU DIIIII DAAAAAAAAAA

Forum PvPer Reputation: 406

have you ever read any of the Asterix comics? they're about two Gaulish warriors in occupied Gaul (where France is now, basically) under Roman control. All of them up to Asterix in Belgium (after which the writer died) are really good. They were originally in French, but I think they've been translated into a lot of different languages now.

Last edited by nick; 06-11-2015 at 11:07 AM.
    i hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 349

Yeah, I used to read those as well as a child, and really enjoyed them. I think I had pretty much every issue released.
    Another good comic I completely forgot. Also, read a lot of Tin-Tin.
    The Common Sense United Front
    ZAZAZAZAAAA, DADADADAAAA DAAAA, SHWAMSHWAMSHWAMMMM DUUUU DIIIII DAAAAAAAAAA