Thread: question about this tooth pain :its odd:

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 110

Default question about this tooth pain :its odd:

Well its one tooth. It has no signs of damage. No cavities. No chips or any thing. But its got massive pain and this time will not ease off. I cannot sleep at all because of it. And it feels worse when i try to sleep. Nothing i can do will ease it off. So what the hell could it be? Ive looked and looked at it but nothing seems wrong with it but yet the pain is crazy.

Pain has never bothered me before but meh this tooth is killing me.

I will make a dentist appointment monday but that will be i think two days from now and hell two days with out sleep is trouble for me.

Help me out guys and gals ><
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rest ✞ in peace mum we soon meet again.
    Let our hearts meet so we can mend them.A broken heart is a feeling of such despair.
    Life is all chaos with out any order. When will there be a time for peace?

Trapped between the world of life and the world of the dead. Woe is me for i must walk forever in this fog.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 749

sounds like what i went trough last week, had to make 2 emergency apointments for it too. in my case it was a root cannel infection, felt like horrible pain going from the teeth to my ear and finally to my brain.

they had to open the tooth, clean it, then close it again. but thats when the real pain started :s swollen face, fever, multiple bumps inside my mouth with crap inside of them, which is why i needed that second emergency apointment.(to open + clean and close once again) after that i had to take antibiotics and thankfully its better now. i still have to go back for the rest of the root cannal treatment but they couldnt do anything because of the infection.

ive had a root cannel treatment before and usualy its not this extreme but chances are you are dealing with the same problem since u are unable to see anything wrong with it.
    Last edited by Abhorsen; 07-25-2015 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    sounds like what i went trough last week, had to make 2 emergency apointments for it too. in my case it was a root cannel infection, felt like horrible pain going from the teeth to my ear and finally to my brain.

they had to open the tooth, clean it, then close it again. but thats when the real pain started :s swollen face, fever, multiple bumps inside my mouth with crap inside of them, which is why i needed that second emergency apointment.(to open + clean and close once again) after that i had to take antibiotics and thankfully its better now. i still have to go back for the rest of the root cannal treatment but they couldnt do anything because of the infection.

ive had a root cannel treatment before and usualy its not this extreme but chances are you are dealing with the same problem since u are unable to see anything wrong with it.
    Thank you Abby for the reply. I will most def going to make a dentist appointment and see whats up. I sure as hell hope i need not a root canal thingy

Any chance you know what causes them? I brush my teeth and try to take care so what makes this happen?

:Small edit: No pain in ear or brain yet:
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Let our hearts meet so we can mend them.A broken heart is a feeling of such despair.

Trapped between the world of life and the world of the dead. Woe is me for i must walk forever in this fog.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 312

This is what you get when you don't brush regularly and drink too much sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Hamster View Post
    This is what you get when you don't brush regularly and drink too much sugar.
    I brush everyday.

Super Moderator Reputation: 424

Sounds like you have a tooth infection. There's not a lot you can do by yourself, you have to see a dentist and will probably be prescribed antibiotics. Amoxicillin is common and I believe you take one or two daily. It's pretty effective though, pain will probably ease over the course of the first day.

In the meantime, you can try strong painkillers. Paracetamol and ibuprofen might not do much. Co-codamol (codeine) worked for me, but only for a few hours.

You're probably in for a rough weekend dubs.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 749

Quote Originally Posted by thankyou View Post
    Thank you Abby for the reply. I will most def going to make a dentist appointment and see whats up. I sure as hell hope i need not a root canal thingy

Any chance you know what causes them? I brush my teeth and try to take care so what makes this happen?

:Small edit: No pain in ear or brain yet:
    im not sure, i think its bacteria that slowly made their way to the roots of your teeth. with some luck its just a mild form of gingivitis, which will go over by itself. try flossing the teeth that hurt.

good luck

(you may want to be careful if u take ibuprofen as painkiller, it doesnt go well with other medication like sertraline)
    Last edited by Abhorsen; 07-25-2015 at 09:05 PM.

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 248

try flossing regularly as well to avoid gum probz

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Sounds like you have a tooth infection. There's not a lot you can do by yourself, you have to see a dentist and will probably be prescribed antibiotics. Amoxicillin is common and I believe you take one or two daily. It's pretty effective though, pain will probably ease over the course of the first day.

In the meantime, you can try strong painkillers. Paracetamol and ibuprofen might not do much. Co-codamol (codeine) worked for me, but only for a few hours.

You're probably in for a rough weekend dubs.
    Thank you man. I will just have to deal with it until i can see the dentist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    im not sure, i think its bacteria that slowly made their way to the roots of your teeth. with some luck its just a mild form of gingivitis, which will go over by itself. try flossing the teeth that hurt.

good luck

(you may want to be careful if u take ibuprofen as painkiller, it doesnt go well with other medication like sertraline)
    ibuprofen and other stuff never eases off any pain i have. Its odd but that and other over the counter meds never rid me of my migraines so im sure it can't fix my tooth pain Thank you for the reply and the answer to my question Abby.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kamilla View Post
    try flossing regularly as well to avoid gum probz
    I don't floss as one reason the string seems to not fit in between my teeth well oO and plus i did that in the past and it pulled a feeling out >< Thanks sweetheart for the reply.

Thought i would add a small update. I am getting two operations. First one going to be to extract three wisdom teeth. Second is for other stuff.

As of now i am still in super pain and my teeth will not ease off. I got a low pain killer and amoxicillin for the infections. But neither will ease me off. I got to wait two weeks for the first part and i prey that God will ease this off. Pain has never bothered me in my entire life but having pain that is never ending and at this level of hurt is killing me.

Barely getting sleep and my pain has moved to my entire right side from a front middle tooth to the other areas. Ive no clue as what else to do.