Question on gameplay...

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 10

Default Question on gameplay...

Okay, I'm really really REALLY sorry if this has been posted already...

Any ways, what is the game play on FFXI like? I mean fighting wise, how you move around, ect...

I've never played the game before, and I can never find any site that actually describes how the fighting is on FFXI. I really would like to play this game, but I'm not sure if I want to play another game where all you do is click the enemy to swing your weapon or hit F1 to cast a spell.

I don't know why, but I've been thinking it to be similar to the FFXII demo. For some reason that game just felt like an MMORPG to me...

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Voizlex View Post
    Yeah, I've been there before, but it doesn't exactly explain how the fighting plays out. If it does, I must've skipped over it quite a few times...

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

In case your wondering still. Fighting is alot like... Lineage 2 i think. Except you move around with the keyboard(My favorite way to move), and battles are sort of slow paced, but by no means boring. unless you go plain hack n slash. That gets boring because they auto attack. Either way, ninja is by far the most entertaining class in my opinion. I have a 30 thf, 30 sam, 30 war and 30 nin, and i like nin the best, they can use ninjutsu magics, buffs as well as regular fighting, and with a war for a sub class they are the best tanks. With all these traits there by far the most wanted tanks in the game, However thats off topic.

Battle is a scroll through the target interface. (At least how i learned how to play) After you get to the target, you have to open the menu thing (press enter) and select attack/magic ect. Or if your a summoner, then summon and tell the summon to attack. After that you need to walk to the monster (Doesnt do it automatically, Wich can be an advantage) Then if your a pure melee, you provoke and wait while you watch your character go to town. If you have skills or spells then you should cast those while fighting. (obviously) Attacks are slow enough to look like an active battle in the classic FF games, but fast enough that if you dont make a decicion soon, you most definatly will die. Battles rely HEAVILY on parties, and they usually pick off "Incredibly Tough" rated monsters one at a time for the most exp. with a full party of a tank, a damage dealer, a blm whm and a puller (goes and fetches the monsters one at a time and brings them to a camp the party has set up for an ambush) then you should be leveling very easy. Quests are all over. And the auction house is the best place in the world for those who want to find noob gear that isnt in your hometown.

Hope that explained some stuff... My hands hurt.. Ignore the spelling and grammer.. Im a little medicated today o.o

Avatar and Signature both made by me in MSpaint.