Thread: First Assault( renamed Ghost in the Shell Online) NEXON America

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 67

Default First Assault( renamed Ghost in the Shell Online) NEXON America

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Play as an elite augmented soldier, where your unique skillsets and weaponry make you faster, tougher and more lethal than any human combatant in the urban battlefields of the future. Combine unique abilities with your team via SkillSync, to decimate your enemies and turn the tide of the battle. Fight on the front lines of a dark, dystopian cyberpunk world in this intense first person shooter inspired by the critically acclaimed franchise.
    http://firstassault.nexon.net/en

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 27

I like GitS but I hate FPS, I'll pass.

Olpah's Object Reputation: 61

Nice signed up for cbt didn't expect it to come so soon.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

I'm not holding my breath here with how bad things were with Combat Arms' management and server.
    Last edited by Acreon; 09-16-2015 at 11:53 PM.

Hoshigami Reputation: 427

hell, I'm signing up.
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

"Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 26

Wow, idk if it's just me but the combat kind of don't look very smooth for an fps.

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    I'm not holding my breath here with how bad things were with Combat Arms' management and server.
    I'll agree I don't really trust them with this but hey, it might be fun for a while. Combat arms was pretty nice when it had just released :o

Game List Master Reputation: 239

In my view they would be better off bringing over MapleStory 2 first..... They have so many shooters now.

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 67

Quote Originally Posted by chaoscauser View Post
    In my view they would be better off bringing over MapleStory 2 first..... They have so many shooters now.
    Yeah, they have too many

Nexon: LawBreakers/First Assault/Dirty Bomb
    Nexon EU: WarRock/Combat Arms(moved from Nexon NA to EU fully)/Combat Arms Line of Sight/CS Zombies/Final Assault

Final Assault will be released on both Nexon NA and EU.
    Link for EU http://firstassault.nexoneu.com/en

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 16

Just got my beta key for tomorrow. I have no idea what to expect of the game, I've literally done 0 research apart from reading this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoscauser View Post
    Yeah I'm honestly surprised how long it's taking, considering how big it was and still kind of is.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 41

Am I the only one who thinks that this looks very
    similar to call of duty? (shooting wise movement wise and so on).
    Some animations are exact the same lol. Sure they got some other things too but this is strange.

I like Ghost in the Shell. Still own the VHS of the first movie but this + nexon hm..
    http://www.onrpg.com/boards/avatars/fenix40k.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1268643051

"That's why I love OnRPG, we can spend two pages
    about arguing about swimming."

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by fenix40k View Post
    Some animations are exact the same lol. Sure they got some other things too but this is strange.

I like Ghost in the Shell. Still own the VHS of the first movie but this + nexon hm..
    Kind of does to me but also seems clunkier for me.

Think Ghost in the Shell would of been much better off as an SMMORPG than just a fps. Either way both can ruin the title.
    Ghost in the Shell 1995 and Innocence is the best versions than the arise and stand alone.

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by fenix40k View Post
    Looks like more a complete reskin of Combat Arms (rigid animation,giant cloud of blood when you shoot someone, no hp/armor regeneration)

Fat Bowser Reputation: 15

Quote Originally Posted by TychusX View Post
    Looks like more a complete reskin of Combat Arms (rigid animation,giant cloud of blood when you shoot someone, no hp/armor regeneration)
    Yep you are pretty much correct about the game being a reskin of Combat Arms. Not much of a difference except theres some "RPG" elements to the game where you gain exp to unlock more characters and you play games to gain TP to unlock slots to upgrade that character.

Let me tell you, the grind is ****ing real for this game lol... you only gain TP for that specific character you played to unlock slots (Or Sockets) so your character becomes stronger. Stronger as in, you can lower the costs of your character abilities (invis, heat sensor, etc), reload faster, more efficient character abilities, etc.

The biggest issue with the game atm is we are all forced to Toggle ADS! :O There is no option for hold ADS... GG!

But yeah there isn't anything special about this game... its just another generic shooter with a popular anime branded on it.
    Theres some-what a heavy recoil (Rifles and smg) and an extremely small bullet travel time for SR.

Theres plenty of other great shooters coming out, so if you have something better to do dont bother with this game at the moment. No offense :O

EDIT: Forgot to add in those chips that you put into your socket to make your character stronger, they have a TIMER THEY HAVE A TIMER! GG.
    Last edited by vitadrink469; 10-02-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by vitadrink469 View Post
    Theres some-what a heavy recoil (Rifles and smg) and an extremely small bullet travel time for SR.
    THIS. I played yesterday when then server opened, I did good in the first match, then I started getting raped. Got killed in no time most of the times. I mean, I'm not the best FPS player in the world, but I wouldn't consider myself to be a really really bad player. I couldn't even keep up with these level 1-2 guys. Couldn't figure out how to make the best out of the ADS, and my aiming was terrible.

I mean, I could try today again, but I think the result's gonna be the same. I'm just waiting till I get FIFA16 for the X360 to be honest. That I'm really good at.

Olpah's Object Reputation: 61

Same problem here getting raped so fast first 2 matches wen't well. Then i noticed I kept getting so fast in 2 seconds when I saw a enemy and it wasn't even head shot.

The thing with this game is, if you start late i honestly think you'd get rekt in most 1v1 matches if your opponent has played it longer than you, or has good sockets.

Reason being, Sockets have a big impact in this game. There are socket chips that increase strafe speed, reload speed, CD of ability usage, lower ability costs. (I assume theres damage medigation as well? I haven't come across it as of yet)

If you think about it those make up the imbalance of a new player vs player that played for awhile. (With the same skill level)

This game isn't Counter Strike type of skill matchup!

Also the rifle/smg... there is no spray pattern, the bullets like to fly where-ever they feel like with no patterns. Generally if you ADS it shoots pretty close to the red dot but even then you'd have to pray to the RnGsus that the bullets hit exactly where you're aiming.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the game will sell cash shop permanent socket chips.
    All of my free to play gaming experience, any game that allows you to obtain time based items from playing/buying it in an in-game market... usually sells the permanent version in cash shop... and its slightly better... *Cough* and its Nexon... *COUGH*
    Last edited by vitadrink469; 10-02-2015 at 12:31 PM.

Well not having a set spray pattern is good to me anyways, better mimics real guns in that regard at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    Well not having a set spray pattern is good to me anyways, better mimics real guns in that regard at least.
    Wait what? You prefer shooter games where its more RnG based then Skill based game? Like Counter Strike having a spray pattern allows players to master the pattern and manipulate it to have the bullet hit where they want it to.
    In Ghost in The Shell you can have two players of the same skill 1v1 and if they both aim at the head they both have to pray to RnGesus that the bullets hit where they are aiming.

They say "practice makes perfect". Ghost in The Shell doesn't allow that... Its just way too random. I've had games where i was shooting at a guy with SMG and we were both strafing shooting at each other. Took me a full mag for the bullet to actually hit the head because i saw the tracers shoot around the head or hit the body.
    I'll have you know i have a 3.0 KDR, level 6 (Two bar rank), with like 800+ kills and nearly a 2.0 win rate. Also my top weapons i use is SMG... im not a sniper that sits back and camp >.>

But i don't have anything against you liking a more realistic approach in shooter games but why play Ghost in The Shell if you want a realistic shooter, go play a simulator is all im saying. The game isn't going to be popular/esport and its not really special =X.

P.S. Not trying to deter people from playing/liking the game. I'm just curious of how/why people like the game!
    Last edited by vitadrink469; 10-03-2015 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vitadrink469 View Post
    Wait what? You prefer shooter games where its more RnG based then Skill based game? Like Counter Strike having a spray pattern allows players to master the pattern and manipulate it to have the bullet hit where they want it to.
    In Ghost in The Shell you can have two players of the same skill 1v1 and if they both aim at the head they both have to pray to RnGesus that the bullets hit where they are aiming.

They say "practice makes perfect". Ghost in The Shell doesn't allow that... Its just way too random. I've had games where i was shooting at a guy with SMG and we were both strafing shooting at each other. Took me a full mag for the bullet to actually hit the head because i saw the tracers shoot around the head or hit the body.
    I'll have you know i have a 3.0 KDR, level 6 (Two bar rank), with like 800+ kills. Also my top weapons i use is SMG... im not a sniper that sits back and camp >.>

But i don't have anything against you liking a more realistic approach in shooter games but why play Ghost in The Shell if you want a realistic shooter, go play a simulator is all im saying. The game isn't going to be popular/esport and its not really special =X.

P.S. Not trying to deter people from playing/liking the game. I'm just curious of how/why people like the game!
    It's just a different skill set/more focus on other aspects. You can't just spray with perfect head shot accuracy once you know how ot handle it. So you you learn to burst and position better to accommodate this. Also having to ADS to get that tighter spread makes you move slower, so then you have to decide cost/advantage of of a weapons ability to spray,focus, range etc.
    Again these things are weighed for in CS as well, but the focus is more on just damage and rate of fire since you can just learn the spray pattern and then practice your strafing and the like. Things like BF and COD do have their own issues though, such as quick scoping eliminating sway and spray.

tl;dr I'm more interested in life like guns(or close to) than the predictable ones of CS.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Tried the game for a bit, kind of liked the class system thing but really the game is just not for me. The gunplay on this game is so unrefined that i'd just rather avoid this game like the plague.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 829

lol, i cant believe this garbage got a sub forum