Classifieds Posting Template (seeking members)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Classifieds Posting Template (seeking members)

(NOTE: Original template is credit of its original poster on GameDev.net)

Might as well start off right, so ive decided to create, or rather copy, a recruitment templete.
    Team name:
    (Or if you are calling it a company, though be very careful to abide by the faq and not mislead anybody into thinking it's a registered company).

Project name:
    (or working title. If you have no specific project at present (i.e. hiring for a longer term team) you may choose to leave this out.)

Brief description:
    (Here you put a brief overview of the project, including how long it has currently been in production for. For those with no specific project, prior projects, a statement of your group's goals, or a mission statement can go here.)

Target aim:
    (Shareware/Freeware/retail/etc. For those forming a team rather than a specific project, you could put some long or short term plans here.)

Compensation:
    (Can you pay, or are you offering a percentage of potential revenue? Can you put it in writing for potential help?)

Technology:
    (Target system, programming language and/or tools, Artist tools, Sound tools.)

Talent needed:
    (List the people you need, their expected tasks and any experience needed)

Team structure:
    (The people who are currently in the team, how long they've been there, and most importantly what YOU do)

(Anything you have, even if it's a wip. Just make sure it is here as a clicky link!)

Contacts:
    (Your email address/forum/etc...)

Additional Info:
    (Anything else you want to say, snippets of the story/design, screenshots. AT LEAST SOMETHING!)

NONE/ENCOURAGING ONLY
    (Choose what level of feedback you'd like, and delete the one that doesn't apply.)

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Awesome -- you beat me to the punch by far. This is just fine for a Classifieds posting template.

*stickied*
    Gauntlets of Recursion (+5) - My game development journal.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Hope, could you stick this template onto the OnGameDev forums classifieds as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Krazex
    Hope, could you stick this template onto the OnGameDev forums classifieds as well?
    Yes, I can do that. But please refer to PMs for this sort of thing rather than posting in this thread, in the future. :)

Well a great template that could definitely make the quality and quantity of well presented project and job proposals better on the onrpg forums. Here is the biggest problem though, most people that really need the help or a reminder on how to present their ideas/questions/projects/requests on the onrpg forums do not read the stickies unfortunately.

Hope that this sticky does get looked at though more, I think that there can be a lot more information and good posting guidelines added to the new website in a better way. The forums section could really use a little addition general links containing this information, if itís the forum than it may be noticed by more users. That way with all the information posted as stickies on the forum in one general category, more people can find it and use it when they need it as they donít think of it as just another generic sticky on the forums. They need to be able to see this information differently to their benefit, as most people that come to the classified/development section are more worried/pre-occupied with their own business.

-PB

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

if your going to use that template you need to either

A. Turn HTML on because <b> wont work
    or
    B. Change the <'s to ['s
    Legends of Alterion - Under Development

toast lands butter down, cats land on their feet, what happens when u strap toast to a cat?.....
    Math indicates they will hover in quatom indecision...(yet to be tested)

Quote Originally Posted by Tocs1001
    if your going to use that template you need to either

A. Turn HTML on because <b> wont work
    or
    B. Change the <'s to ['s
    Good call. I changed the <'s to ['s, however it prevents the actual tags from showing. I'm not sure if it's possible to disable vbCode from appearing on a post, so it'll have to do for now.

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 16

This is really an excellent template.

HopeDagger, if you're interested, I posted a similar template, adapted for developers seeking to join a team. I've noticed that a lot of people aren't posting very much info at all, just saying, "hi i make graphics can i join team?" or something, which really isn't enough to be seriously considered by many teams.

42 Reputation: 10

Awsome template

Danteís Inferno Reputation: 10

Now we'll get less people posting this:

hi my namez is da danny23847923. i do sprite gimp stuffz man.
    dude i like totaly want 2 b in a teem, like ya. i got cool grafix so if u want me send me a privit mesege man... dude.

Some people do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast